main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The First Ever Fanfiction - Role Playing Forum Writing Challenge (RESULTS POSTED)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The_Face, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Writing_Olympics

The_Writing_Olympics FF-RPF Contest Sock VIP - Game Host

May 9, 2008
    LAST CALL: 22 hours til deadline! Get your votes in now!

2. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    *** The RPF - Fanfiction Writing Challenge ***
    <h1><u>Results</u></h1>
    And so we finally come to the moment. The king-maker. Its been a month in the making, and its now time to not only see who has been participating in this contest, but also which forum has the best writers in the realm!

A round of applause to the skilled folks involved here. At the risk of sounding cliche, you are all winners here. The reason you were chosen by your respective moderating teams is that you already have distinguished yourselves as some of the best writers on your boards. This really is a tournament of champions, and you all have done a great job.

And on my own personal end, a great big thank you to the Fan Fic Mods (and the Census Mods) for going along with this crazy idea and helpin' me out! Its been great getting to know you all, and hopefully we can do this again!

And now, without further adieu, the results:

[b]*With 20 Users Voting, and 117 Points being allocated*[/b]

[u][i]In 7th Place, representing [b]Fanfiction[/b] with 5 Points...[/i][/u]

[color=gold][b]Earth[/b][/color] AKA [b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1212258]LilyHobbitJedi[/link][/b] and her fic, [b]Facing the Darkness[/b]

LilyHobbitJedi is not only juggling three ? count ?em, three ? WIP fanfics, but serving as a gamehost here in Census & Games. She is currently writing ?A New Beginning? and ?Everybody Lies?, and co-writing ?A Light in the Darkness? with KELIA.

[u][i]In 6th Place, representing [b]Fanfiction[/b] with 8 Points...[/i][/u]

[color=indigo][b]Saturn[/b][/color] AKA [b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=994674]Commander-DWH[/link][/b] and her fic, [b]Commencement[/b].

Commander-DWH is a fanficcer and card-carrying OC Revolutionary ? even acting as one of the hosts of the Essential Guide to Original Characters. She specializes in the KOTOR era, particularly with her ongoing ?Blue Side? saga.

[u][i]In 5th Place, representing [b]Fanfiction[/b] with 14 Points...[/i][/u]

[color=orangered][b]Venus[/b][/color] AKA [b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1207678]KELIA[/link][/b] and her fic, [b]An Unexpected Revelation[/b].

You may know KELIA from her roles as gamehost in C&G or participant/ex-host in the PT Scene Write/Rewrite Contest, but she?s also a prolific member of the fanfiction community. She is currently writing ?Arik?s Antics? A Skywalker Diary? and co-writing ?A Light in the Darkness? with LilyHobbitJedi.

[u][i]In 4th Place, representing [b]the RPFs[/b] with 16 Points...[/i][/u]

[color=green][b]Mars[/b][/color] AKA [b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1151550]Sinrebirth[/link][/b] and his post, [b]Mists[/b].

Sinrebirth is an accomplished RPer and is active in a variety of projects throughout the EUC, Lit, and SWC. He's currently the GM of the latest incarnation of the 128ABY series. He also writes board-inspired Fanfiction for a variety of places here in the JC Forums. Sinrebirth won the position of Best GM in the Summer 2007 RPF Awards.

[hr]
    [b]***** Aaaaaand Now, Moving into the Honors Positions *****[/b]

[u][i]In 3th Place, representing [b]the RPFs[/b] with 20 Points and earning [color=sienna][b]Bronze[/b][/color] Honors...[/i][/u]

[color=blue][b]Jupiter[/b][/color] AKA [b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1131775]Pashatemur[/link][/b] and her post, [b]A Civil Animosity [/b].

Pashatemur is one the the RPFs most accomplished GMs, running the RPF's largest game, Galaxy at War III. Pashatemur is a member of the elite 3-Time Award Winner's Circle. In the Summer 2005 RPF Awards, she grabbed the position of Best Role Player, in the Summer 2006 Awards, she earned the position of Best GM, and in the Spring 2008 Awards, she grabbed the position of best Role Player again.

[u][i]In 2nd Place, representing [b]the RPFs[/b] with 22 Points and earning [b][color=silver]Silver[/color][/b] Honors...[/i][/u]

[color=red][b]Mercury[/b][/color] AKA [b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/AS

3. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Woohoo! Great job, fanficcers, way to take home the prize! [face_dancing]

And thanks to our distinguished competition in the RPF for an excellent contest. =D=

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    WOO HOO! Gina will be back in town next weekend! :p So I'll be sure to tell her to check this thread! :D

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Way to go fanficcers! [face_dancing] Congratulations to Gina for taking first. =D=

Everyone deserves a big round of applause: The mods of both the RPF and the FFF; and, all the authors. Thank you for giving the best set of stories to read! =D= =D= =D=

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Whoo hoo!! [face_dancing] Congrats Gina and way to go for bringing it home to fanfic!! =D=
    There were some great entries (though I forgot to vote [face_blush]) and I think it really was anyones game!!

7. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Congratulations all players!! =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Hope you had as much fun as that looked like it was going to be! :)

8. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    This was fun to participate in, and big congrats to Gina and fanfic! [face_dancing] =D=

9. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey, RPF - mess with the best, die like the rest. :cool:

That's right. I just quoted "Hackers." That's how awesome we are.

But seriously, congrats to everyone, and I hope we do this again!

10. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    =D==D==D=

HUGE round of applause to all the participants and Congratulations to Gina!! [:D]

Also, special thanks to Imperial_Hammer for spearheading this awesome idea! :D

This was a LOT of fun and we should definitely do it again. [face_peace]

11. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Congrats to all the contestants!! =D=

And a big WOO HOO to Gina!!!! =D= =D= =D=

12. Dana-Skywalker

Dana-Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    A round of =D= to the writers - all the entries were really well done! And a big congrats to Gina; way to go! *cheers for fanfic* :D [face_peace]

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    The results were extremely close. It'd be fun to do it again to see what would happen.

14. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    I've been out of town for a couple weeks and am just now getting a chance to catch up around here. LOL!

This challenge was a great idea, and everyone from both forums had amazing entries. I loved reading all of them! And thanks to the mods and to Imperial_Hammer for all their hard work in putting this challenge together! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.