main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY The Force Awakens outing planning thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Oct 18, 2015.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I know we're still 60 days out from TFA but it looks like it's time to start planning our group outing as the rumor is tickets may go on sale soon.
    http://io9.com/you-could-soon-buy-tickets-for-star-wars-the-force-awa-1736560695

We already have a couple of votes for a Friday night outing but feel free to chime in. What theater do we want to go to? I'm voting for Stoneybrook because I think they have they'll have the most number of screens and showings and the biggest parking lot (trust me parking will be an issue). They also have an IMAX screen if we so desire. Do we desire? Do we care if it's 2D, 3D or IMAX or is the time of the showing more important? Do we want something around 7PM or closer to 9PM? We probably won't be able to sit together if we have a large group but we can meet up after to eat (maybe Jumbo Buffet) and recap the movie. There are a lot of places to eat around Stoneybrook but being a Friday night they'll all probably be busy even without the movie...just keep that in mind.

Am I forgetting anything?

Next, it looks like Tinseltown USA will be doing a Star Wars Marathon on Thursday and I'm super up for that. Anyone else interested?
    http://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...ter-first-look-in-theater-exclusives-and-more

2. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I am flexible on everything but would prefer a Friday night. On the not being able to sit together. I think they may already have advance tickets on sale so once we know how many are going.....just a thought.

3. JediLightside1966

JediLightside1966 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 30, 2015
    id like afternoon showing on friday at cinemark mall saint matthews. like 3:00 pm showing then dinner.

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah Relin, I just think we'll have a problem getting 10 seats (or whatever) together unless we go with reserved seats which would be pricier (but I'm willing). That would mean buying them in a block though which would be expensive for the person getting the block (until everyone pays them back). But yeah, once we decide on a place and time everyone can get their own.

FYI ran into a guy today who has a friend that's gonna go tonight and try to get 20 tickets for their work group...wow!

5. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I'm very flexible about it. And interested.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

6. DOMNUSKYWALKER

DOMNUSKYWALKER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2005
    Is there anyone in Lexington? I just move here in April, I was wondering what are you guys doing for the premier. I will be trouping with the 501 Mid South Garrison.
    I also make historical and movie costumes.

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Hey Domnu, glad you found us. This is the same jedimika from Corellian Base. All of our people are from the Louisville and Southern IN area...no one from Lexington I'm afraid. Right now we're just planning a nice group outing for the movie and maybe dinner. I know you'll be busy trooping for the premiere in Lexington but if you want to make the drive to Louisville some other time for one of our get togethers please do.

8. New Vanck

New Vanck Jedi Padawan

Oct 18, 2012
    Thanks for the invite, but alas I must pass. Personally, I avoid opening nights for any popular movie anymore. I go to see and hear the movie and theaters packed with happy, hyper geeks tend to complicate that. Guess I am getting old! LOL

I will probably catch it during the holiday season or after the new year. And yes, I guess I am still sulking about the whole EU thing ;)

9. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    Zannah and myself are a go on Friday at Stony Brook (no 3D/IMAX it messes with Zs eyes) also it would will be great to have dinner with whomever shows up at the Jumbo. Have to bow out on tinsel town though we're chasing grand child and puppies that night.

10. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    I am a go for whenever, wherever. Just PM me or email me the when and where when it's time to get the tickets!

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Vanck--No problem. If you do eventually feel like going feel free to post up if you want company. I'm sure you'll have some takers. I know I plan on seeing it multiple times.

Appo--Thanks for reminding me about Zannah's 3D limitations. I knew but I just forgot.

That actually makes things a lot easier on planning. There are a lot fewer 2D showings. For Friday evening the 18th at Stoneybrook, Fandango shows a 8PM and a 11:20PM show. Shall we all try for tickets to the 8PM show?

12. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    8 sounds good to me..

13. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    8's working for us. See ya'll there.

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Cool, let's make it official then....Friday Night 8PM showing at Stoneybrook.
    If tickets sell out or you'd rather see a 3D showing there will probably be other showings starting about the same time in different theaters in Stoneybrook. We can hook up after everyone gets out. They will also probably add more showings as it gets closer to the date. It's hard to believe we're still 2 months out, this has to be the longest pre-sale ever.

11-11 PM incoming

15. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Got mine!! Thank you![face_dancing]:phasma::r2h::c3po::yoda::deathstar::vader::emperor::greensaber::bluesaber::redsaber::leia::luke:

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yay! Got mine!

17. JediLightside1966

Mar 30, 2015
    Anyone interested in going to Cinemark Mall Saint Matthews on Friday night?

18. JediLightside1966

Mar 30, 2015
    okay will go on friday night at Carmike's on Taylorsville Road, me and the wife need 2 non3D tickets for that night. will pay someone back when i get there.

19. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Wow, honestly I am kinda in a state of shock-- being 60 days out and all and planning on tickets.

JediLightside1966 likes this.
  20. JediLightside1966

Mar 30, 2015
    yes 60 days out and we have to plan on getting tickets. didnt we just have to buy them at the theaters like 2 weeks before the Episode III release?

21. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    We got ours too!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    mindtwister--Yay!

Jammies-I know! Isn't it cray cray?

jedilightside-You can get tickets directly off of Fandango, no hassle. In fact you'll be entered to win a trip to the world premiere of TFA.

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Just a month away!

Relin and JediLightside1966 like this.
  24. JediLightside1966

Mar 30, 2015
    not to change subject: i dont know how to send private messages on here. but how do you do that?

25. JediLightside1966

Mar 30, 2015
    fyi: Cinemark Mall Saint Matthews still selling advance tickets for Nov 17 and Nov 18 for Star Wars Episode VII, yes i know most people want to go to Carmike's but, just an option.