main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Future of Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I’m one of those crazy people who really enjoyed the Siege of Mandalore.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The Clone Wars was mostly backdrop for the show, while they dealt with different stories.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Did anyone not enjoy The Siege of Mandalore?

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    They are the crazy ones.

5. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    I like it but I think it’s a little overrated. I don’t like ahsoka’s “I see the Jedi just playing politics again” argument.

@Fredrik Vallestrand I guess I’m one of those crazy ones…

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
  6. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    SoM is decent, but it is a side show and distraction from the war (in universe too). Would the SoM arc be as good without order 66?

7. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Yes. Clones fighting Mandalorians is a lot more interesting than clones fighting clankers. Those are still Clone Wars because, you know, clones are involved and fight a war.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
  8. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    “The Phantom Apprentice” is probably my favourite episode of TCW as a series and it’s before order 66 went down, so yes.

It might be down to Witwer’s performance, but I didn’t miss Dooku or Grievous in that final season at all.

9. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Ok, each to their own. I found it a waste for a show apparently about a war that it seemed to get bored with part way through.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  10. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I didn't really. Then again, I don't care about Ahsoka, I don't like WitwerMaul, and I didn't care for TCW overall; so I suppose it is not that surprising that it wouldn't appeal to me.

Theo333, AusStig and Sarge like this.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ What he said.

Riv_Shiel and AusStig like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I like the Mandalore material in TCW, but I do much prefer Serafinowicz Maul over Witwer. The latter is just too OTT.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    Riv_Shiel likes this.
  13. Lomer2012

Lomer2012 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2016
    I finder Witwer's voice mesmerizing. He has played a subtler version of Maul when necessary. And the over the top performance was often warranted. For instance, when Maul challenged Pre Vizsla with a theatrical performance, he was grandstanding in front of the Death Watch audience and left no choice for Vizsla but to accept the duel. The famous "Kenoooobi" was just a cry of anguish coming from a desperate soul.

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Thanks, though I don’t really need Witwer’s acting choices explained to me, as they were blisteringly obvious. That obviousness is at the heart of my criticism. ;)

15. Lomer2012

Lomer2012 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2016
    Well said:). Let's say that I don't find Witwer much more more OTT than Ian McDiarmid's Palpatine or Ian McKellen's Gandalf (and I love them both). Some characters are just larger than life.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Sam Witwter's Maul is one of the best things avout Clone Wars and Rebels. Its not mutch different then Ian's Palpatine laughter.

cwustudent, theorenwulf and Lomer2012 like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    But we already have OTT Palpatine. Which is partly why Serafinowicz's Maul was interesting. Looked like a devil, but spoke softly and confidently. Both loudly and quietly scary. Unsettling.

We didn't need another cackling Sith. Palpatine consumed 100% of the energy set aside for that. So I'd have preferred the previous version of Maul, if they were intent on bringing him back, that was quite a different personality than Sheev.

Sarge and Riv_Shiel like this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It makes sense why Maul of all the sith is the most like Palpatine. Palpatine raised and trained him since he was small child.

Erkan12 likes this.
  19. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Maul never cackled. Only at first, when he was utterly broken and out of his mind when Savage found him. Not when he was healed and regained his composure. Witwer's Maul could be both soft-spoken and intense when needed. He was nothing like Palpatine. Palpatine was having fun. He enjoyed himself. Maul was nothing like it. What a disingenuous thing to say. Besides, when soft spoken, Witwer sounds nearly identical to Serafinowicz.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This. Maul couldn’t be more different from Palpatine.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I dont think he was like Palpatine just more similar to him then the other two apprentices. Maul still had his small laughs after his rebirth, in Clone wars/Solo/Rebels.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    Erkan12 likes this.
  22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'd love Xizor to appear in season 2 of Andor, I doubt it'll happen though...

Fredrik Vallestrand and AusStig like this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    He be perfect villain for Lando before ANH and Mandalorian post ROTJ.

Django Fett and AusStig like this.
  24. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I wouldn't say never but yeah most of the time he was more soft spoken and intense but he surely cackled in the Clone Wars and in the Rebels.

- When Maul first meet Kenobi in the Clone Wars
    Darth Maul :'' [chuckles] Don't be so certain ''

- When Maul see Inquisitors and Ahsoka, Kanan fighting

''What fun''

In fact not only after his revival you can say Maul was also laughing and certainly toying with Kenobi before getting caught offguard by Kenobi when Kenobi pulled Qui-Gon's lightsaber and surprised him (Maul thought Kenobi was unarmed so he was making fun of him).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  25. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Sooo... is Maul part of the future of Star Wars on TV?
    He certainly could be, if they want to make a show about Qi'ra. I'd love to watch that, but I doubt it'll happen in the foreseeable future.

cwustudent and AusStig like this.