main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Future of Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Yep and that’s why it’s my most anticipated show. I guess maybe they are saving post ST for film. I just wish we could get more pre PT and post ST on TV instead of a ton of shows between 3-4 and 6-7. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still watch them all though :)

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Andor will e fire from the sounds of it, and Acolyte will be the prequel to TPM.

Mostly Handless and rocknroll41 like this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They could successfully manage having episodes open and close with Deepfake Luke sort of bookending the lessons the padawans learn as they pop off to carry the bulk of each story.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, the line in the article is "The show takes place during the post–Return of the Jedi reconstruction that follows the fall of the Empire, the same as The Mandalorian, but its plot remains a secret." so I don't know if it's 'right after ROTJ'. It could be, but it could easily be in the same general timeframe as the Mando shows.

Yes, that's a possibility. Or they have Luke in the first episode, and then the kids skip school to go on that galactic roadtrip, and Luke doesn't appear again until the finale.

5. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Maybe they'll reveal the title of the series at Celebration before they begin production.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think this will be the jedi show.

Django Fett and rocknroll41 like this.
  7. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Good to know that Vanity Fair reads The Force Forums :D

2Cleva likes this.
  8. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I probably shouldn't read too much into a working title, but seeing as the Grammar Rodeo episode of The Simpsons involved a road trip without parental supervision, I could see that. The reference in the article to 80s Amblin films supports that idea as well.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    They skip on Luke in first episode,

10. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    What about a young Ben Solo show with some other kids and Grogu? Like the Goonies? That could be amazing.

11. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Don’t think we’ll see Grogu in this, since Luke gave him back to Mando.

12. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Grogu can take off for a week.

13. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    First of all Jon Watts is awesome, IMO. The Spiderman trilogy was nearly perfect, IMO. KK couldn't bring a better, more suited filmmaker than Jon Watts, in terms of bringing in someone who has actually delivered on large scale epic stories under the brightest lights with one of the world's biggest franchises and knocked it out of the park.

This will hopefully be another companion series to the Mandalorian, Book of Boba Fett and Ahsoka, in which all of the players move in and out of each other's stories. IMO, a Harry Potter series in which we follow a bunch of Padawans who are trained by Master Luke is about as close to a perfect idea for a series as it gets. What better way to introduce a new generation of kids into Star Wars than through the eyes of a bunch of Padawans?

Throw in Grogu, who will go back to Luke eventually, IMO, and you've got a smash hit.

14. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    'Grammar Rodeo"?

Yeah....hoping that's Luke's Jedi Academy show. And they could totally focus on the kids, their trials, going off on adventure to X world each week, with Luke popping up just occasionally to impart lessons, or going off on his own to learn more about the Force/Mysterious Dark side.

Fredrik Vallestrand and 2Cleva like this.
  15. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    [​IMG]

[face_laugh]

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  16. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Din needs to do something too dangerous for the kid, so he asks Luke if he can drop him off for a few days.

Grogu immediately gets the other Jedi kids in trouble and they take off on an adventure.

Luke and Din eventually team up to save the kids but the kids mostly save themselves.

The end.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So like....chances of Grammar Rodeo being the Luke Academy one?

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  18. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    100%.

I'd be shocked if it's not something like this.

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Breznican immortalized himself with the VF article. This thing was a proper oasis in a desert.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    \*Jon watts replaced his cover photo on [twitter](https://twitter.com/jnwtts) to a photo from the Simpsons Grammar Rodeo scene, and added "directing star wars"

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    So there it is. Confirmed that Watts is directing the Grammar Rodeo film.

Also, Breznican's VF article seems to have finally confirmed that James Mangold was indeed slated to direct a Boba Fett film at some point. Mangold has forcefully denied this in the past, for some reason.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He is able to pull off a well-crafted film with a lot of heart. This could be one of the greats.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I do wonder if this could be like an origin story to characters we could later see in the ST era and Beyond.

24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I believe it is a series.

Bor Mullet and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  25. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It seems like after we heard about a hit movie, suddenly the director is attached to a star wars project after.