main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC The Great White North Bar and Grill (an international social thread!)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rani Veko, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    ::Hears the word Cider and perks up::

Alrighty, pass me a Growers! The work week's over and I've got a long weekend to do anything...even sew! Hmmmm...

::sips her cider:: Or I could just sit at home and be lazy...goodness, what to do, what to do...

2. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Kurt! Sionnach! Great to see you! Finally the Aussies will know there's more fans in Victory Base than just Derisa and me! :)

Blokes, meet Kurt and Sionnach. V-Basers, meet the blokes! Don't they have a nice FF Chapter icon? :D

Bob MacKenzie comes over and sheepishly hands over a Herman's beer and a Grower's cider to the new arrivals.

Bob: Sorry about that, eh? My brother was making me clear the tables, an' he said he'd watch the bar, but he's busy hitting on that girl with the lemon squashy thingy.

3. Rogue_Product

Rogue_Product Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Yay! More Canadians... It's great to see so many of you around... As for my edit, not happy, but those who saw it would have appreciated it... Just wish that particular Mod would PM me and tell me which of the TOS I actually breached...

But enough from me in that sense...

Grabs a Boags and sits around, doing nothing in particular

4. DarkJediTJ

DarkJediTJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 26, 2000
    Ah, Its nice too see you all out... Damn this brings me back, Small comunity... Hey Where's PoT? I can't talk to him about when Austrilia Vic was poor! Oh well I never do that anyway, Jet-Eye? he's not here either... :: Scrolls down list :: Zypher, left website. :: Continues too scroll down ::

Ok Daniel? not here... :: Continues too scroll ::

Ok who can remember? Ah doesn't matter...

Gimme another Lemons squash before I get onto Ecconomics...

5. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    *stumbles in*

puts pinky finger in mouth, tests the atmosphere

Hmm....a little colder...quite high up...and a strong smell of carrabou...an interesting situation I be in...all which could mean...

Bloody hell! I must be in Canada!!! I was sure I was in Victoria. *shrugs*. I'll have your finest local beer, thanks!!! It feels good to sit on a good ole Canadian bench instead of being the bartender (in MY Victoria)!

6. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    Welcome, We're just invading the Bar so Don't mind us all Canadians here... We will not be taking over the rest of your boards...

Unless I get bored :p

7. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    It's all about you TJ, isn't it? :p

And plus, we won't do anything of that sort... it's hard enough getting other boards to talk to us ;)

8. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    That's ridiculous! You guys are the most fun I've had on the boards in a while... of course I haven't really had any of you.

Thanks for the drinks at the Big V (I find that name humourous for more reasons than I can go into just now...there's that ridiculous ToS after all...), I'd be happy to repay the favour.

Map-wise, what is the largest population centre in the State of Victoria, AU.

BTW, for those of you what don't visit the Fan Fiction forum, the acronym "AU" stands for Althernate Universe, which I find rather fitting, as you guys are the AU of Victoria. :)

Doug: Hey lady, I got this great trick to get free beer, eh...

Bob: Take off you hosehead: she saw the movie! 'Sides, they don't even sell beer in stubbies anymore.

pining I miss stubbies. Nah, I gotta stay mostly sober just now, so I'd better stick to the Bud.

So, fellow Victorians, why is American beer like sex in a canoe? :)

First non-Canadian to get the right answer will get a postcard from all of us here!

*Derisa*

9. Rogue_Product

Jun 12, 2002
    Answer: "Because it's close to water" Edit: please keep even the suggested swearing out of your posts.

I win!!!

As for the largest population centre, that'd be Melbourne, our capital and the home of such trendy places as that pick-up sticks arch near the arts centre and federation square (which looks like a rubix cube to a stoned person)...

10. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Let's not forget Jeff's Shed! Melbourne is undoubtedly an place of architectural brilliance, with amazing buildings such as these. Let's not forget the french fries that greet you on your way from the airport, also!

11. Rogue_Product

Jun 12, 2002
    Yeah, that giant wang-like thing (Jeff's Rod) is great too.... And those random guys made from brass who stand on the street corners and look like impressionist drawings of evil stick figures...

12. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Since FanForce is a "Family Friendly" enviroment...

I'll assume that the establishment here serves non-alcoholic beverages for members that are underage.

"A ROUND OF BLUE MILK FOR EVERYONE!!!!"

13. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    YJN, Lemon Squash, the very first two drinks ordered and served here, if you'll go back and read, is pretty much just fruity soda pop.

You needn't have waited this long to express your concerns, you could have done so when you dropped by the GWN Bar & Grill to edit those posts, and I could have reassured you much earlier. ;)

Bob MacKenzie scratches his head at YJN's order.

Bob: Blue milk? Oh, you must mean that skim milk stuff that looks all watery, right? We don't have any of that, but I could give you homo milk and just put food dye in it...

Bob goes to the fridge, takes a carton of milk to the back counter, and after a minute turns and hands YJN a tall cold glass of milk with a very definite blue tinge to it. Doug walks up to the bar, strapping a tool belt around his waist.

Doug: Hey, Bob, watch the bar for a half-hour. I gotta go fix the door.

Bob: What's wrong with it?

Doug: I dunno, some hosehead smacked the top of the metal door jamb with something really big, and put a huge dent in it. I gotta go bang it back into shape so's we can get the door closed all the way. It's cold out there and all these Aussies will freeze, and then we'll get blamed, and Rani will fire us.

Bob: Oh, that would really suck...here, I got an idea to keep the Aussies from leaving! Hey! Attention all Australians and folks from places warmer than Canada! Free drinks until my hoser brother fixes the door!

EDIT: changed this post to those posts

14. Rogue_Product

Jun 12, 2002
    Orders a scotch

Gee, it's been quiet in here overnight... Where is everyone? Nice to see the Mods in on the action...

15. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm here, but I've just been revising Vietnamese political history...

Come to think of it, give me a drink *shows fake ID card*

16. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    *comes in and orders a root beer*

17. Rogue_Product

Jun 12, 2002
    Funny Damir, that ID looks kinda like JE... why would that be ;)

Sips his scotch, looking around at nothing in particular

18. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    A guy in black.

Large black hat. Black leather jacket. Black khakis. Black sweatshirt. Black socks. Black shoes.

Everyone noticed him as he walked in.

He walked up to the chalk line in front of the large conical fireplace.

A drink had somehow appeared in his hand.

With one swift gulp he downs the drink and shouts out, "To..."

Oh wait.. this isn't Callahan's!

Wrong bar.

Sorry.

The man in black saunters out. With a small gesture of his hand you forgot he was there.

19. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Non-alcoholic beverages for members that are underage.... Well it's a good thing i'm not underage then *Cough Cough* ;)hmmm...I'll just have a blue milk then

20. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    *looks nervously at ID card* Ermm... yeh... I was going to give it back to him...

*quickly runs off*

Damn! I knew I should have changed the picture... *puts JE's ID card in JE's wallet he swiped, walks up to him and gives it back*

Look, ermm... there wasn't any money in there when I found it... I promise!

21. Rogue_Product

Jun 12, 2002
    No, I can vouch for that

Flips through a wad of cash, then places it into his wallet

Looks like drinks are on me (or JE)

Sprays the bar with cash

Hold on, are Aussie notes good in Canada?

22. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    If it keeps you blokes coming back, we'll accept them, sure! :)

Reads Woofer's post and bursts into laughter

Oh, c'mon, Woofer, aren't you even going to finish your toast? Please? :)

- Rani

23. Rogue_Product

Jun 12, 2002
    It's all well and good that we're here, but the local cliental is, well, non-existant really... be there life on the Canadian boards which is willing to come in for a drink and not get scared off???

24. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    :: Wanders in about too Shut down for the night and throws his Tab onto the bar ::

On more drink and I'm off.

A lemon Squash if you don't mind.

25. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    The local clientelle also live in a much different time zone than most of you, which at least explains why some of us don't visit here at the same time you guys do, and don't reply to your posts as quickly. :) Have patience, and give them a chance to realize there's actually activity happening around here, and they'll post. Kurt an Sionnach already did, and I'm sure Qui-Dawn and Alakin are around here somewhere...

orders an extra-strong coffee and yawns

Gotta start getting to bed earlier. Too many late nights lately. :)

- Rani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.