main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Haters' Community

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by barnsthefatjedi, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Ohh you know they can't touch that subject, so she's kinda hardcore in that but towards the end she turns back. Really lame, good book, but really kinda pointless to the series. More should've happened. *sigh* Well....we know the YV aren't totally evil in it. And we know they can be beaten. :p Rather easily I must say.

2. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I agree about James Luceno and his ability (or inability) to write Star Wars books. His new NJO were boring, if you ask me, even though they featured my favorite character. Every once in a while there's a book I "stall" in while reading meaning I'll start it and be so bored with it I don't read any more for months and then sprint through the end just to be done with it. The second Agents of Chaos book (I forget the title- something to do with Jedi perhaps?) was one of those. Anyway, I just pray this book will be better; it is the final NJO book. But then again a stupid end would be fitting for the NJO.

And you've got nothing Barns. I still haven't read SbS. :p

And I'm going on vacation for the week so I'll see you guys in a while!

3. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    WOOOOO! This place sure has died. I hate that this hate place has died. It was a good way to went my hate. I hate those 'fans' who quit reading just because their favorite characters die. "Oh such and such has died, I'll never pick up a new EU book again." please, that's the worst of all reasons IMO to stop reading. The point is to find new characters that you like. Hey, they killed off Borsk, he was by far my favorite. He was pure political scum, but he also had honor to him and when it was time to play the hero, he did. But I'm not gonna stop reading any new EU because my favorite character died.

My other gripe of late is the EU is or isn't canon debate. This is totally a ridiculous concept, only in America, could a series with movies and books with the label attached, be considered separate from the same universe. It's completely a stupid concept it's star wars not some music genre. By the way, I liken this debate to punk rock music, the Ramones or the Sex Pistols, who cared in that debate either? It's music, same way Star Wars is Star Wars, there's no difference. Ohh well, nuff hating, let's party, and remember the olden days of the EUC, before the dark time, before the multiple fan clubs.

4. General_H_Storm

General_H_Storm Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2001
    Time for some good 'ol ranting from a (former?) ambassador.

The main thing I can't stand in the whole NJO is the death of Anakin. Not because I like Anakin or I think the death was handled poorly, but because I know he's gonna come back in some ludicrous fashion and show how low Del RaY(sp?) has sunk!

5. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Hehehe...my gripe too. Why kill a character just to bring them back at a later time?

6. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    money, publicity, shock factor..meh, i dont think they will do it anyways, they could only do it in a way, thats been done to death....i dont want to see it that way

7. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    The only acceptable way to bring back Anakin is as a spirit. The ONLY way. Anything else would be lame.

8. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    F_I_D: I never vowed to stop reading the NJO just because Anakin died! I am part of FADA because I didn't agree with his death, and I am hoping that he will come back. But I never actually vowed to not read the NJO! Stop making assumptions about FADA, you should try respecting our opinions, instead of bashing them. [face_devil] ;)

9. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Does anyone else think that AOTC should have been released on May 4th? That way, the advertising slogan could have been:

"May the fourth be with you" :p

10. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    LOL!! yeah, but then Spiderman would flop, cuz thats its release date

11. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Meh, who cares about Spiderman? Star Wars takes precedent over everything.

12. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    I don't bash your opinions. I make a generalization, and a lot of those Anakin fans have vowed to do just that sorta whiney crap.

13. Perator

Perator Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    I will be very upset if Anakin comes back alive.

To Anakin Fans: He's Dead! Get over it!

Has anyone read Rebel Dream? I thought it was the best NJO since Stackpole's duology. It made sense, it had a plot, and there was more than just whiney characters and endless ground combat with the Vong (like in SBS).

What do you think of James Luceno writing NJO HC #5? I think he's a good choice, I really liked Cloak of Deception, and his Han duology wasn't too bad. THere's still hope for the NJO, consideringwe have another Allston novel, and Traitor sounds like it should be good. I just wish that the Paper backs would be longer. $7 is a lot for a 300 page book.

Perator

14. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    So...you...hate stuff?

15. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Indeed.

Well, this is the first bit of hate I've had in a while, though it won't be the last, I'm sure.

After reading most of Dark Journey, I have come to the conclusion that I hate Jaina. She is an arrogant, self centred moron in this book and I do not like her in the slightest. She's a bitch to almost everyone, which I suppose is understandable given her circumstances, but it is very irritating to read about. I acknowledge that this angst is her dark journey ( [face_laugh] ), so she probably isn't such a biatch normally, but even so, it makes me despise her. Maybe I'd feel a bit more sorry for her if everyone was being @$$holes to her, but the opposite is true. Her feeble rage and arrogance doesn't suit her in the slightest. She is too cocky and she needs to die. Soon.

If the idea was to make us feel sympathy for Jaina, Mrs Cunningham, then I'm afraid your failure is now complete. I hate this girl and I look forward to the moment when she dies. Unfortunately, this probably wont be for some time. :(

BTW, I think I posted my thoughts on Luceno earlier in the thread. Basically, I'm disappointed. All of his SW books have been below par.

16. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
  17. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    I just Decided to drop by and see if the hate is flowing. I have a certain bit of hate. My friend gets to preview EPII next thursday. He works for a movie theater, and they have a special showing in Olathe KS, at the digital screen there...He gets to see that, and then Spiderman right after that. I'm thinking about drugging him up, and then taking his spot in the shift manager's section. Speaking of AOTC and Olathe...I hear that KansasNavy is from there, and I haven't seen him around, but a few friends and I are going to literally camp out the night before at the theater...if I don't have finals the 16th, and we're going to be the first ones in Kansas to get in the theater, and see it on a true Digital screen. KN is welcome to join us.

18. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Know what I hate? Stupid people who don't abide by their own rules and give everyone the shaft. And this is to one aussie in particular that I've had quite enough of. If I were Palps, this person would find themself on the recieving end of an electic shower that's how much I hate this person. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.