main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics The High Republic (aka "Project Luminous")

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Xammer, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Agree. My guess is that the Battle of Jedha (in which Sav and Maz participated) will be revealed to be an endgame of conflict between multiple allied pro-Republic forces (with some support from the government, but without its direct military involvement) vs anti-Republic forces.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That was my first thought as well. Which is why I was surprised that the Battle of Jedha audio book seems to be one of the first phase 2 stories instead of one of the last ones. Though the publication order hasn't always been the same as the chronological order, so it could still be the case.

Foreign32567 and Jedi Ben like this.
  3. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    I think if there will be a prior conflict (with Battle of Jedha being its culmination), it will be most "off screen" and not the main one in the Phase II, just one of the several. While Phase I was very character-centric, my guess is that Phase II will be more "history-centric", showing on different examples how Republic managed to deal with major obstacles, either through diplomacy or force.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  4. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, I could see that. Almost star treky in a way.

Mostly Handless and Foreign32567 like this.
  5. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Agree. Wouldn't be surprised if the Hutts will be shown more like Romulans (not engaging in the open conflict, but actively scheming) and some other faction wll take the role of Cardassians as a less powerful, but more active and direct enemy.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Panini is publishing a Monster Of Temple Peak trade in the UK in October!

That is all.

...wait, no, there will be an Edge of Balance volume 3!

7. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
    One thing wonders me. Do you think that in Phase 2 there may be references, maybe even characters from the Visions short Elder. I know that Visions is supposed to be non-canonical, but some stories, such as Elder, can be easily put into the canon because they fit it well. And in Elder we have a few things that suggest the High Republic period, how the Sith officially became extinct and the Jedi are exploring the outer rims.
    [​IMG]

8. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I doubt it, but I would love to see it.

Mostly Handless and MercenaryAce like this.
  9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I think a lot of Visions could be made canon. Not all of it, but definitely some stories.

SWpants, MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.
  10. Konrad Pietrzak

Jun 6, 2020
    I would 4 stories fit perfect into canon without correction. This stories are: Tatooine Rhapsody, Village Bride, Lop & Ocho, and Elder.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Definitely the Elder.

I think Akakiri could too with little work, and T0-B1 with just a little work.

They probably won't go that route, but I also love The Ninth Jedi.

Even the Duel could, as a backwater isolated region in the distant past or the dark ages.

Just the Twins seems unreasonable, really :p

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.
  12. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    twins is sequel era the cultists in it are sith eternal the bandages match

AusStig likes this.
  13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Only a one-shot?

15. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
  16. Konrad Pietrzak

Jun 6, 2020
    Is that this "secret project made by Claudia Gray"?

17. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    [​IMG]

Duros on the enemy ship's bridge seems to have a blue face tattoo, he and others wear robes. Seems like they are part of the Path of the Open Hand like the Herald from Path of Deceit.

[​IMG]
    One ship is not a proof, but hope that this cult really has a prominent military force.

18. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Phase II crawl, from SDCC:
    It is a time of great exploration. In an effort to unite the galaxy, the Chancellors of the Republic, working alongside the courageous and wise Jedi Knights, have dispatched dozens of PATHFINDER TEAMS into the farthest reaches of the Outer Rim.

But it is also a time of great uncertainty. Communication is unreliable, and tall tales of mysterious planets and monstrous creatures abound. Prospectors and pirates roam the frontier, and the worlds of Eiram and E'ronoh are locked in a FOREVER WAR.

And on the far-off planet of DALNA, a new threat to the galaxy is beginning to emerge....

AusStig, MercenaryAce and JediFett10 like this.
  19. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Reads like the TPM crawl

JediFett10 likes this.
  20. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Echo stone eh? I wonder if this will connect with the larger nameless story or if it will be more a stand alone thing.

21. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Echo_Horn. wonder if it has anything to do with this later thing

MercenaryAce and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmmmmmmm that's interesting. In my review for that book, I made a comment that "the superweapon was too powerful for a short story", because it was a fairly remarkable weapon in a childish book about cutesy aliens. Would be cool if they're doing more with it.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I hope to see phase 2 as more of a golden age for the Jedi compared to phase 1. Conflict, but more isolated then the battles against the Nihil/Drengir. I think we saw the worst (in scale of fighting/destruction) in phase 1 (or perhaps that will be in phase 3, but I hope not) for the Jedi/Republic in their golden age.

Dawud786 and Jedi Ben like this.
  24. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Wonder how much information about the prior history will be revealed in Phase II. So far it seems that the Republic is already quite strong at this time, so the more chaotic and difficult period is already overcomed.

25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Remind me when this is set?

has his One Canon spectacles on