main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics The High Republic (aka "Project Luminous")

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Xammer, Apr 15, 2019.

1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Oh I like it, but I kinda wish they had gone further, if that is what they intended at all.

AS IT IS WRITTEN

2. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Denis wants to make Dune Messiah into a film, he's leaving the door open.

JediFett10 likes this.
  3. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Agree. The Nihil would've worked better as religious fanatics, even though it would've been a controversial story point.

I liked the second movie quite a lot, but
    still Alia not killing Baron seems like an unnecessary change. Especially in the context of Rey killing Palpatine, could've been a large wave of memes and comparisons.

AusStig and JediFett10 like this.
  4. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Which is why I prefer the path.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh wow, I had no idea there were a few Japanese editions of THR books, with original art! Check 'em! You can see more for these books on the Wook.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Japanese covers always go hardest than Western. It was true of NJO, is true now.

Jedi Ben and AusStig like this.
  7. Darth Vectivus

Darth Vectivus Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 9, 2023
    I think the next Multimedia Project in Disney Canon could be Old Republic that era exists now in the Disney Universe

Fredrik Vallestrand and AusStig like this.
  8. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    If not Old Republic then just after Old Republic

9. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I imagine they will want to save something that big name for a movie, or at least a show. It seems an obvious era for a big story like that, and I can see them not wanting any directors they bring in to not be constrained by existing canon.

With that in mind, I could see the next big Multimedia Project being a tie in to whatever era is opened up by the next timeline entry, so like either New Jedi Order or Dawn of the Jedi

10. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Old Republic will be movies first.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  11. Carib Diss

Carib Diss Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 31, 2024
    Mandalorian Excision era, 300 years before the high republic could make sense. Though I personally think mandalorians are a bit over-exposed at the moment.

Low Republic? or maybe just "Middle age"

The issue with saying "old republic era" is that its not an era... its 24 thousand years. New Sith Wars or some equivalent would make sense, especially with some of the buildup with Darth Krall and the Nightmare Conjunction, etc.

12. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Actually you got Dawn of The Jedi thats 5000 and Old Republic is 19 000. And yess you can have early Republic after death of the Sith needing to crush The Mandalorians and make Mandalore a barren world.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  13. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    It is kind of funny, especially when compared to some eras that only last a few years. Maybe they will divide things up more once we start getting content there. In particular I could see the New Sith Wars being "the Dark Age" or something like that, since it seemed pretty dire for the galaxy back in legends and from what we can tell in legends might have been even force, with the Republic completely extinguished and the chaos of sith warlords spreading to all corners of the galaxy.
    Or who knows, maybe not - certainly felt like a lot of Kotor stuff ended up in the New Sith Wars despite the thousands of years between them.

As for a low republic - it might be interesting to push back just a bit from the High Republic and do some of the immediate aftermath of the sith war and galactic rebuilding. We even get some descriptions from long lived races in the high republic about how those times were too focused on mere survival to do much else.
    Course, it does have two problems. First, they want to keep Yoda's early life mysterious and this might tread on that. Similarly, things that happen in this era might require explaining about what happened at the end of the sith war and dark age, which they might want to avoid so as to not constrain a bigger project set around there.

Ventrix and Foreign32567 like this.
  14. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    My hope is that whatever they do with the Old Republic, it should be distinct enough that one cannot delete thousand-year gaps between stories and have nothing change in tone, aesthetic, or state of the galaxy.

15. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    We’ve got covers for the next YA and MG books, both with Nameless in the title (and in the art)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AusStig, Foreign32567 and Dawud786 like this.
  16. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AusStig likes this.
  17. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    That a hutt explorer? Interesting.

We can only hope, though frankly I wouldn't get my hopes up. I remember going to to the SWTOR forums and seeing people complaining that it looked too different from regular star wars, so I can definitely see why most ancient star wars stories besides the original Tales of the Jedi play it safe with visuals, especially since that I think that got a backlash for being different as well.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
    Jedi Ben, Foreign32567 and AusStig like this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And the girl's last name is Greylark, very likely a descendant of Axel.

AusStig likes this.
  19. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
  20. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    That is not a shock, be more suprised if didn't have a few kids around the place

Given when he died, that seems, unlikely.

But I am also very keen for the Hutt explorer/scientist, High Republic Dr Oggurobb please

Foreign32567 likes this.
  21. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    This would be yet another twist of the knife for Reylo fans.

Hope that Reath's high collar is not a sign of him being
    influenced by Azlin.

AusStig likes this.
  22. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
  23. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    I'm not against stakes rising, but
    so far it seems like a rather generic apocalyptic threat, that also will move the focus from conflict with the Nihil.

AusStig likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Seems odd to use a crawl for the final adult novel of THR and then describe it as setting the stage for Phase III, unless they meant 3.3?

Xander Vos likes this.
  25. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    The Namless gone loose