main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics The High Republic (aka "Project Luminous")

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Xammer, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I've seen a few, mostly just because of the constant teasing of Project Luminous.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Go out and come in again.

Sinrebirth and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  3. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Our chief weapon is optimism! Optimism and hope... our two weapons are optimism and hope, hope and optimism... and bounless enthusiasm. Okay, our three weapons...

4. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    Seems a silly thing to get upset about. The danger with this sort of unrewarded hype though is if it doesn't turn out to be as exciting as they think it will. If you tease something this much then you'd better hope it's a big deal or you end up looking a bit silly in the end.

5. Gantarat

Gantarat Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 19, 2019
    Didn't Pablo said if The Vong canon. they will not immune/outside to the force?

Wrinty likes this.
  6. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Considering what we know of the Force now compared to the early 2000s, the Yuuzhan Vong wouldn't work in the Star Wars universe if they stayed they were they are being outside of the Force. (It took me three attempts to understand what you posted, by the way).

I think Pablo or Filoni hinted that the Yuuzhan Vong would feel completely alien in the Force, even more so than say a human sensing a non-human. It's like touching something you're used to and then touching something you've never touched before or seeing something new or eating something. It's just a shock to the senses and in the Force it could be something else entirely.

AusStig and Daneira like this.
  7. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I was hoping we would learn what this is by now, but on the plus side it does probably mean it’s something after the ST events, if they don’t want to reveal it before the film.

revan772 likes this.
  8. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Project Luminous tease right now sounds like the final shot in the head of GL's SW.
    I really hope its a bait and they not gonna retcon Force or change its nature, shape, rules and laws in any way. Because if they will, for me personally it would be the deal breaker.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    King Maul and Shamear like this.
  9. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Huh? How had what they teased correlate to this at all?

10. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I would love for this to be a multi-author series. I miss those.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    nah I can never keep up with multi-author long running novel series, they just get on my nerves after awhile. I am getting multi-media SOTE and original Clone Wars vibes from the talent announced. Which means I can just get like the comic series and the novel when it hits paperback, yay!

And is definitely something to with using the Force somehow but .... different. Or wrong. My brain kind of went to Force Droids which could be really awful but, hey, Force Droids! Watch out, Artoo!

Sturm Antilles likes this.
  12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    They got Charles Soule in there for the project. They are working that guy to death. Which is a good thing cause I like the way he writes. But, thinking about this, I wonder if this has anything to do with Vader and what he found in the Mustafar castle underneath.

DarthJaceus, revan772 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I had a thought on this project today, what if it is a Tales of anthology styled story by several authors, but with an overarching arc across all shorts? Important events and characters across the entire saga and all eras, retold with old and new bits from the pov of the Forceghosts and their subtle manipulations of events ranging from the first shaman of the whills encounter of Qui Gon, to Mortis, Yodas Force trip, Sifo Dyas visions, Vaders Mustafar castle excavation and portal, Ezras WBW, Ahsokas enlightment before she returned to pick up Sabine and search for Ezra... up to Luke and Ben on a mission, Luke and Snoke too... Luke finding Ach-To and unlearning what he had learned etc. a roundabout of the history of the Force and its will/Whill?

14. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Fun fact: Joe Bongiorno claims that he knows who the Whills are, or, more specifically, that we've seen representatives of them before. He snuck it into Supernatural Encounters; see if you can spot it! In personal communications with him, he's told me that this isn't simply his opinion of their identity, and the evidence will be included in the Extended Edition. So we'll see.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    "Now that they finally let us look at the TROS script, we can start drafting a plot."

*ducks*

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I still think this is the ESB's version of From a Certain Point of View. Or has it been confirmed not to be that?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Sturm Antilles and PimpBacca like this.
  18. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    They haven't confirmed, but I don't think they'd have used this much secrecy and built up this much hype for another ACPOV. I loved that book and hope they do one for ESB, but if this is that then it's kind of disappointing. There'd be nothing to keep this secret and building it up this much would be excessive.

Krueger likes this.
  19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I want project luminous to be the next animated series.

King Maul likes this.
  20. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    Lol

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Im sure this is a multimedia project with comics, books and TV shows.

JediFett10 likes this.
  22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    When are they announcing something about this?

23. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Next month/year/decade

Xammer, JediFett10 and Jedi Ben like this.
  24. JLG

JLG Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2005
    I honestly do think this is going to be sort of a course correction for how "thin" the worldbuilding has been in the ST era.

With the Saga out of the way the Story Group sees the opportunity for some serious changes post-IX, so they're laying the groundwork with a big multimedia project that will set the stage for future movies.

That's just my guess, anyway.

25. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I really don't understand what you mean by this.