main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V The High Republic: The Battle of Jedha (Audiobook) by George Mann

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, May 27, 2022.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Interesting to see that they are doing both audio + scriptbook automatically now.

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    Vialco and Golbolco like this.
  3. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Makes sense, especially with the Whispersync function between Audible and Kindle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. wreath

wreath Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 21, 2021
    so excited

5. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Well, at least they told us this audiobook is set after the events of Convergence for those who want to read in order.

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Any other details about the premise? Like, who is fighting who?

As I said in another thread, I think the Dank Graks might be involved, but knowing how right that guess is would be interesting.

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't think we'll have that for a while as there's little info on the November Phase II books.

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Probably Pirates/Hutts are the baddies.

9. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
  10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Is kind of funny having a cover for a digital audio product.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Don't you know it's for the CD release
    oh....

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If they did a CD + MP3 bundle I'd buy it.

13. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Plus script book and I'm in. As it stands, it kind of irks me that the script ebook isn't bundled with the audio.

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Script book please.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Where you been? That's due February 2023.

16. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    After the events of The High Republic: Convergence, the Jedi travel to Jedha in this all-new Star Wars audiobook original.

Jedha. The worn streets of this ancient world serve as a confluence for the galaxy. Visited by all, yet owned by none. Here, the Jedi are but one creed among many worshipping and studying the Force. From the Guardians of the Whills to the Path of the Open Hand, countless beings come to learn, and to share, in peace.

As all of Jedha prepares for its Festival of Balance, the galaxy still reels from the violence on Eiram and E’ronoh. But after foiling a plot to escalate the war between the two planets, the Jedi believe that a lasting peace may be within reach. Master Creighton Sun and Jedi Knight Aida Forte arrive on Jedha with delegations from both planets to formally end the “Forever War.” The Jedi hope that the harmony of Jedha’s many factions, along with the signing of a peace treaty, will create a symbol to the rest of the galaxy of what can be accomplished through unity.

But not all are happy with the Jedi’s involvement or ready to concern themselves with peace. Rumors begin to swirl that the Jedi bring war in their wake. The distrust and anger that for so long fueled the Forever War now threaten to corrupt the communities of Jedha. When violence breaks out on the sacred moon, the war that was meant to end on Jedha may soon engulf the entire world.

17. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Quite intriguing synopsis (although somewhat a spoiler for Convergence), seems like it is going to be a
    crossover between two main storylines - the Forever War and the Path of the Open Hand.

18. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/star-...ttle-of-jedha-audiobook-original-first-listen
    Raphael Corkhill as Creighton Sun

Kristen Sieh as Aida Forte

Christian Barillas as Mesook

Jonathan Davis as Piralli

Sean Kenin Elias-Reyes as P3-7A

James Fouhey as Ensemble

Neil Hellegers as Elder Delwin

Philip Hernandez as Morton San Tekka

Catherine Ho as Silandra Sho

David Lee Huynh as Selik

Sullivan Jones as Tilson Graf

January LaVoy as The Mother

Saskia Maarleveld as Meldan

Kathleen McInerney as Moona

Brandon McInnis as Keth Cerapath

Cassandra Morris as Gella Nattai

John Pirkis as The Herald

Salli Saffioti as Ambassador Cerox

Marc Thompson as Mytion and Kradon

Shannon Tyo as Marda Ro

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    For UK-based posters, SpeedyHen now has the previously elusive scriptbook listed. Preorder will likely go active in Jan.

20. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I listened to Part One this morning. So far so good.

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Got it downloaded and ran through Open Audible, not sure when I'll get to it, might hold off until I have the scriptbook.

AusStig and devilinthedetails like this.
  22. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    If Salandra Sho gets dusted.... So help me God....

AusStig and devilinthedetails like this.
  23. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    love P3. He's a cross between HK-47 and K-2SO.

the way the actor portrays Obi-Wan Kenobi Creighton Sun sounds like he studied at the Ewan McGregor school of acting. Sounds just him.

Also did Mark Hamill voice the Bartender?

devilinthedetails and AusStig like this.
  24. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    The English accent for Creighton disappoints me a little bit, since the original concept art that he's based on referenced Gregory Peck.

This felt a lot like the audio of the Freedom Nadd Uprising or any of the Tales of the Jedi audio dramas. Some of the voices sound similar too.

I wish it had a full novel and a comic adaptation.
    I know the main comic is going to get to some of them, but I really felt the absences of Vildar, Matty, Oliviah and Leebon as the resident Jedi on Jedha.

Especially Oliviah, because there's got to be a connection between her and the Mother and it just never came up.

I have a similar issue with this and a repetitive pattern I'm seeing in how the Path or the Mother operates. In Path of Deceit we get the Ro cousins and how one is one of the Children and the other isn't worthy. That dynamic repeats with the Kage in Convergence. Now Tilson Graff repeats the Axel Greylark thing in the employ of the Mother. Bothers me a little bit that these same patterns repeat from piece to piece.

25. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Started listening to this yesterday and finished listening today. It really captured my attention and had excellent voice acting and sound effects as have all the other Star Wars audio dramas I've listened to. Of the Star Wars audio dramas I've listened to, this has become my favorite, and it also rivals Path of Deceit for my favorite entry in the High Republic Phase II era. I've really enjoyed both George Mann's contributions in Phase II of the High Republic era and hope he gets the opportunity to create more stories in the High Republic time period as I suspect I would be a fan of them.

More detailed thoughts are tucked beneath the spoiler tag as usual.

I really enjoyed seeing the payoff of various characters we met in the other Phase II entries converging on Jedha as I had predicted that they would. I also found the different Force sects fascinating and appreciated the sprinklings of Force lore we got throughout the story. The setting of Jedha is just a really compelling one, and I'm glad that we got to explore it more in this audio drama.

I also enjoyed the continued development of the politics of this era in galactic history and the chance to focus on Silandra Sho was wonderful. She has fast become one of my favorite High Republic Jedi.

If I had to nitpick, I'd say that I wish that Creighton Sun and the Enlightenment barkeeper didn't have names that sounded so similar (though it did help they had radically different voice actors), and I do agree that the Tilson Graff plot line did feel very similar to the Axel Greylark one from earlier in Phase II.

Overall verdict: 5 out of 5 stars.

Recommended for all High Republic fans and fans of Star Wars audio dramas!