main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor The Imperials of Andor (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, May 26, 2022.

1. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    The decision to have Imperials in such familiar riot gear is an interesting allusion without, I hope, being too on-the-nose.

MercenaryAce and Mostly Handless like this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think thats the idea.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    My guess is that he’s a Senate staffer doubling as an ISB spook.
    Well, there’s no natural landscape in the shot of the prison complex, so what’s the issue?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  4. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Thought it was a part of the prison island, we already saw in the first trailer.

5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I don't remember. What prison island in the first trailer? The septagonal one in the water? The one in this trailer looks like Coruscant, in any case. See if you can find some screenshoots to better explain.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  6. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    Yep, i meant this complex:

https://www.starwars-union.de/tvpro...alysen/bilder/20220526-andor-teaser-78-sm.jpg

whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    OK. But what prison in the new trailer seems to be related to that?

8. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    Think the complex very much looks like it could be a prison and i don't think it's very likely we see more than one of them, in the first season.

So i guess the picture of a potential prison from the new trailer that @Glitterstimm posted is from the imperial island complex.

In this case, i don't think it could be on Coruscant, because of all the water around it.

There are no seas or areas without buildings on the planet, beside the Manarai mountains.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  9. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    While Kallus was more of a fighter, hope that she will be more of a strategist.

10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Perhaps. Though the architecture of the two seems quite different to me. We'll see.

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    She’s almost certainly an intelligence officer. So she’ll be whip smart and good at fishing out spies with her net, but likely not a strategist.

12. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Wondering if the top image is an external shot of the prison. The local security officers look as though they are backed by the Empire, judging by the vehicles they use. Also the ground here looks kind of orange-red like the ground in the village.
    In a different shot we see Denise Gough’s ISB officer in a room that has similar architecture to that village. Here she’s standing behind what appears to be a hologram of the prison complex.
    https://bespinbulletin.com/2022/08/new-character-names-in-andor-revealed-deedra-kleya-and-more/

13. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I suspect the local security/guards are on the planet where we saw unrest, same as the the riot troopers in a village. Denise looking over the hologram could be there too, the walls in that room look like adobe or sandstone to me, similar to architecture on the streets. My guess is still the prison is on Coruscant, but it could be anywhere, as it looks like it might be subterranean. We shall see!

MercenaryAce and Mostly Handless like this.
  14. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Is it possible the prison facility could be on Wobani (as seen in Rogue One)? We didn't see much of it in R1, perhaps we'll see another side of the prison.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Manarai mountain is nothing more than a peak in the canon; one tiny bit of exposed rock. It's the centerpiece of Monument Plaza. The mountain range from the EU does not exist anymore.

Bor Mullet and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They have literally moved mountains to undo canon!

18. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I heard she moonlights as a dermatologist, because she's good at spotting moles.

19. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Would be great to see her rising through the Imperial ranks in parallel to Andor's becoming Alliance's top spy.

Darth Caliban and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The hologram shows a curious rounded building which can be seen from the gong-tower in the first teaser trailer. The scrapyard village features heavily in the trailers.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    There's power struggles going on beneath the top two of Palps and Vader, you've already seen Tarkin and Krennic vying for Palps favour. Do those two compete also with Mas Amedda and Sly Moore to be 3rd in command? I believe that's how Palps operates, encouraging them to stab the others in the back for personal promotion.

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Yes I would see that as well. Copied off of the American workplace
    Should be some juicy drama going on between the officers. Nice breakdown on the first teaser trailer scenes.
    Anyone have a breakdown on the trailer?

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I would like the Empire's prejudice against other species' make an appearance.

Cos Palpatine likes this.
  24. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    Yeah me too but is that still a thing? The Empire's prejudice, I mean. Or are we going off old-school SW lore? It just doesn't seem like the kind of behavior Disney would explore even with the fascist Empire now a days. Thrawn is evidence (or an exception, depending on how you look at it.) I could be totally wrong and they have confirmed prejudice in a canon book I haven't read or I've forgotten something from a show.

They (The Empire) do seem to be showing prejudice against clone troopers in BB tho so there's that.

25. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Hoping for plenty of passive aggressive office politics.[face_praying]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022