main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Jaina Solo Fan Club, version 2.0

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Rebecca191, Mar 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    Jaina - One of my favourite characters. Yes, she is eccentric, yes, too rested on the applicability, yes, she the egoist, but at all she is similar it to me and I love her. Therefore never I shall believe, that she can kill the brother.
    I want in club!!

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Oooh, my first time posting in the Jaina Solo Fan Club. :)
    Hi everyone!

I haven't gone through the last few pages of the club, so excuse my questions if it's already been asked:

I don't quite remember but wasn't there a Yuzzhan Vong legend that the twins would fight one another or something like that? It didn't happen during NJO, so what if it happened a few years later, during LotF?

As Jaina being the Sword of the Jedi, it might as well be her destiny to kill her twin, since it was said so a few years back, although within the Vong society.

I, personally, don't really want to see Jacen die. I honestly like the characters development, I have to admit but if he the authors will it so, I'd definately like to see Jaina having the honors.

But it would be sad. I'd have to keep the tissues ready, I'm sure of it. [face_worried]

3. DarthBellumSolo

Mar 26, 2008
    Ceillean

Yes, such legend really was. Yuuzan Vong esteemed twins, but at them it was entered, that they battled, and stronger won. Yuuzan Vong wanted to force Jacen and Jaina to battle with each other, but it was not possible to them.

Personally I think, that Jaina can not kill the brother, because so she will destroy half of, and inside her for ever there will be an emptiness which she nothing can fill. They will battle, yes, maybe, she even will wound him... But will not kill.

4. Furyan_Jedi_13

Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2007
    I think Jaina will find someone in a while from now.. but I pray she doesn't settle on Jag, Zekk and Kyp or whatever.. I think its time for some new guy.

Yeah. I think she should make her peace with both Zekk and Jag, and say that she will just be FRIENDS with them, but nothing more!

And joining the Empire, as some people may believe, just does not suit her personality AT ALL!

Come to think of it, it doesn't seem to suit Jag's either. He should let Cem do it! We need a new character anyway. They keep killing them off!

Anyway, Jaina needs a new guy! Or she could just be the Sword of the Jedi, and not need a man. That would work for me. I know we could use some more romance, but does Jaina NEED to be tied down to a guy? I don't think so.

5. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    No one needs to be tied down to anyone but I could imagine life would be rather boring and unfulfilling all alone, don't you think?

I think Jaina and Jag make a wonderful couple. I've always liked the two of them together but I'd love to see a new male character. Someone who'd live longer than a couple of books, though and someone who has the attitude to deal with Jaina.

Jaina being a handful is an understatement.

6. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Sorry for the double post but I have a question for a fic I'm on:

Assuming Jaina would kill Caedus, do you think she'd stay with the Order or would she rather leave? And if she stayed with the Order, would she want to become a Master?

7. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    *waves* Hi everyone! :D

But Luke did say this: 'Yours is a restless life, and never shall you know peace, though you shall be blessed for the peace that you bring to others. Take comfort in the fact that, though you stand tall and alone, others take shelter in the shadow you cast.'. I'm not saying that's foreshadowing of her 'grand destiny to defeat Jacen' or anything- but it could be foreshadowing of something akin to it, and being locked in a fierce battle with her other half certainly wouldn't bring much peace to her. And the 'you stand tall and alone' part? Hmm. Who knows.

I see that, too. For some reason, despite all the romances she's had, I just can't see Jaina 'settling down' and getting married. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it's hard for me to picture.

Hmm. Difficult question.

On one hand, I'd say Jaina may leave the order, but thinking again... I think she would really take on the whole 'Sword of the Jedi' thing, and completely stop living for herself, just for the help and peace she can bring to others.

She's not really the type to 'run' from her problems, and as dramatic and tragic a problem killing Caedus would be for her, I can only picture her become extremely hardened from it, gritting her teeth and blocking out her own emotions. I can definitely picture her distancing herself from others, though- any friends or family.

8. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Sey Edit: That seems a bit spoilerish to me.

9. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
  10. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    Oh, Jaina Jaina Jaina.

I was thinking the other day about the Solo kids' differences during the NJO. Anakin and Jacen were usually at odds with each other with Jaina as referee; I think that while the boys pondered on how to increase their connection with the Force, and learn about the Force itself, Jaina was more practical, worried primarily about winning the war against the Vong. Her designation as the Sword of the Jedi is fitting because like a weapon, Jaina just needs to be pointed in a direction and she'll follow through. She doesn't obsess about the dangers of the dark side, the galactic effects of her "edgy" actions. Like she said in Dark Journey, she doesn't see the point in "dithering" about all of that; she sees the ends and makes herself the means.

Does that make sense?

About Jaina remaining with the Jedi Order: I see Jaina being more of a freelancer. Still a Jedi, I can't see the Jedi sending Jaina out on missions or her checking in at the Academy all the time. She could rejoin the military since she seems to be the most at home behind a cockpit.

At this point, I could really see Jaina marrying Jag but not settling down and raising a family. I see them in the same squadron, or even running a squadron together. Jaina once said she'd want to have kids, but after her brothers' deaths I can definitely see her having some doubt about her ability and her not wanting to risk having kids that'd turn out "badly." If she had a kid, I'd see it being more like an "accident," not the way her mom and dad and uncle and aunt all planned, or at least really wanted to have kids.

11. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    Ha ha, she must be the most popular Star Wars character about now, if Invincible is anything to go by.

12. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Sad day. I thought this would be a popular thread. Well, I hereby make it my sworn duty to make it so. Jaina Solo is the single best remaining member of the Jedi Order. She's smart, strong, talented, and brave - and she's pretty, too. Her actions in the course of LotF, combined with her growth through the NJO, set her above most other characters in terms of moral fortitude and courage. She is a true heroine, better than we've seen in SW in a very long time.

- Keralys

13. DarthBellumSolo

Mar 26, 2008
    Ha, I do not argue, Jaina it is good, strong enough, brave.. But since times of the Dark Nest I for what has not named its clever. Well and certainly my opinion on it èñïîðòèëîüñ after it has coolly killed the brother and has not married all the same for Jag.:mad:
    And still I love it. It is similar to me.o_O

14. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    *cough* Sworn duty? o_O

:p

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    *cough* IWoD *cough*

16. Jainasolo101

Jainasolo101 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2007
    This is my first post in the Jaina Solo fan club.

Jaina is my favorite character along with Jag.
    She's brave and strong. And you need both of thoes to survive in the
    galaxy. My two favorite books anr Invincible and Revelation.

Can I join this fan club?[face_praying]

17. Aleria

Aleria Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2007
    Ditto! I'm new here, too.

I can agree with pretty much everything what you said. Those two are my favourites as well! They're courageous, strong both physically and emotionally, admirable warriors and ones who stick to their beliefs no matter what. And to add to that, they're the future Emperor and Empress - no doubt about that in my mind!

During LotF, as the Jedi Order was standing on the side lines a bit too much for my liking, Jaina was the one who never stopped fighting. She stayed on her course to find a way to end the terrors washing over the Galaxy, did the previously unthinkable by seeking training from Boba Fett and didn't even flinch when it became apparent that she had to kill her own brother to reach the goal she had set for herself.

There's one thing I don't quite like about her - her dedication to strain herself to the limit and not allow herself to lean on others or let happiness reach her. But hopefully those days of depriving herself of love will end now and we'll see her happy with Jag in Millennium Falcon or Fate of the Jedi (if it turns out to be post-LotF). [face_praying]

Yep, nothing to add to that! :D

18. DarthBellumSolo

Mar 26, 2008
    Nevertheless I do not think, that Jaina so hard, that, having killed own brother, remains indifferent to it. For some reason it seems to me, that it most likely will leave the Order. Probably, will help parents... And then, I hope, they with Jag will finally reconcile also it becomes its wife.[face_dancing]

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

19. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I think Jaina is kind of taking control of 'the sword of the Jedi' she is a warrior and she understands her duty and role. I don't think she was hard I just think she finally understood what it meant to be the sword as well as the sacrifice she had to make (her brother) for the galaxy. I think she is able to roll with the times much easier then the rest of the Jedi, she has Han's adaptability.

20. DarthBellumSolo

Mar 26, 2008
    Yes, that it more Solo, than its brothers, it is obvious. At it not so thin soul, as at its brothers. It very practical and it is excessive even devoted to the business.

By the way, the amusing idea has occurred - Jacen has offered Mara to become a sieve, Jaina has offered the brother (and Zekk too) to become the Sword of Jedi. Interestingly...o_O

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

21. NeitiPadme

NeitiPadme Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2005
    I just read Betrayal and I really enjoyed it :) I have to read the next book as soon as possible :)

22. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    I agree that Jaina is one of the better knights that the Jedi have at this point. She's the only one who is just plain willing to suck it up and do what needs to be done. It will be interesting to see how she handles all of the fallout from the events in Invincible.

23. Darksociety

Darksociety Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2009
    I think IMO don't mean to offended anyone but Jaina and Jacen are big disappointments when it comes to the Skywalker legacy.

24. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I agree. On Jaina: more romance
    On Jacen: making him go dark is cheesy. should've kept him gray or something. Meanwhile, after TUF, give him a sweet romance with TK and overcome teh challenges of a long distance relationship. If they needed a villain they should've brought in a new one, or done a novel on the challenges of post war reconstruction.

25. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008
    I have thought that Jaina, in particular, got a really raw deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.