main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reviews Books The JC Lit Reviews Special: SCOUNDRELS (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Jan 5, 2013.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 31x Wacky Wednesday Winner/24x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012
    Might be because a lot of the things that annoy portions of the fandom, are completely left out.

No Thrawn, no Pellaeon, no Karrde, no Mara Jade, no "incompetent Vader" or "incompetent Emperor" or "backstabbing Bothans" or ysalamiri.

Vialco likes this.
  2. Garlician

Garlician Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2022
    Just finished. I didn't read every comment because of the spoilers, will make up for that and read the other threads on scoundrels. Whatever your opinion, this book was three days of fun.

What interests me most is whether there are other narratives between scoundrels and Han and Lando's meeting on Bespin? (Episode V)
    It makes sense that Lando had "no choice" on Bespin.
    I found Winter's concerns about Leia's whereabouts really heartbreaking.
    Maybe this part is why it's not canon, next to a Mandalorian helmet to the last end.
    Bink and Tavia are absolutely interesting characters.
    I read here that someone doesn't like Zahn's writing, neither do I. (frown, frown, frown :D)
    But I like that Zahn is a physicist who expresses himself against the laws of nature in "S. Cooper's" opinion in science fantasy. (S.C.'s opinion on sw)
    This frees me from a world that crushes me. That's why I like star wars and that's why this book is good in my opinion.

Finally, I have an idea why the outward appearance of the characters is very superficial. So a film would be more likely :)
    I would like that

Vialco likes this.