main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jedi Trials - A Welsh Fan-Film

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Looks like the whole of July is out for me -had an oppurtunity I can't turn down......

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Fall-on-Jin: Hey dude. God to hear that you are also making a movie. Were getting to be the Welsh version of Speilberg and Lucas :)
    I know that i'm a vetran of all of one movie, but even that short experience of directing and acting taught me stuff that I could never have learned watching any movie or reading a book. Theres no subsitute for going out there and just doing it. God bless digital technology!

Hols in West Wales went very well thank you. Great weather, peace and relaxation for a couple of days. Just what the doctor ordered.

Be sure to let me know how the filming goes for your matrix movie. How many people are going to be acting in it? Cause I'll tell you now, any more than 3 people and you will have a bloody nightmare on your hands! Just make sure they learn their lines and don't look at the camera and you should be ok ;)

I'm going to start editing "Relationship Therapy" tonight. So I should have a rough cut finished today. So when my bro gets his DVD writer, expect a package in the mail :)
    Good idea on the DVD extras too by the way.

CGI-BOBAFENT: My interest has been peaked. Please explain?

3. Ripper

Ripper Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Whats her name ;)

4. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Lol at Ripper!

Yes, do tell ;)

Oh yea, The Matrix fanfilm will only be two people at a time acting at maximum so hassle should be limited. For our end of yeare project, we have to have make a short extract from a Chat show. So, in order to spruce things up i will have a mock "action scene from the new Matrix movie" after the interveiw with Keeanu Reeves (Played by myself). The scene will be no more than me and my friend (dressed up like Agent Smith) having a mock fight in the corridors. I have to admit, with the time and resources this might not look the way i want it to be, but it should be fun to do none the less.

Ive even gone so far as to make a few props for the Agent smith character, which simply involves some kid in a black suit with an old piece of phone wire attached a painted white headphone to create the FBI style "earpiece". With the use of a few slow motion shops and even a pan shot this should look better than the other eight "David Beckham interviews" my class has churned out. With my firends collection of BB guns to finish the effect, im looking forward to the end result. Oh yes, and Welshguy, I'll post you a finished VHS of the movie once its done (the school wont let it go onto other formats :()

And now for something slightly off topic, ive decided to go on a simple exercise routine just to help myslef get into shape for the movie, which i suppose will be handy.

(PS, if anyone else is interested in a copy of the Matrix movie, I am trying to find a way to get the movie onto the internet)

Fall-on-jin

5. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    Well it involves me making things and the RAF-can't say much more at the moment -NOT an APRIL FOOLS :)

6. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Ahh, so mums the word, right?

7. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    You could say that!

8. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Interesting....

9. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
    let me know when you want me in i need to know so i can work some stuff out :D

10. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    TANTIV- Thanks for your offer! Since filming is around the June/July time, i should imagine we need some advice/training in May/June time. However, this may conflict with my GCSEs, but once they are done im totally free for a long time.

Welshguy- Filming for the Matrix Fanfilm is this week or never. So i can hopefully have it done soon enough, And using a well orientated (hopefully) filming shedule i might be able to have a decent, though extremely low budget movie. I have even thought of a way of having "Agent Smith" steal someones body, and then fight someone. All in all, it should be a 3 minute piece in total, including the "chat show" scene at the beginning.

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    CGI-BOBAFENT: Sounds like you got plans to build an "Ultimate Weapon" to me. Now what would that be I wonder??????
    Hmmm, lets just hope its not big and round shall we. ;)

Tantiv: I agree with Fall-On-Jin on this one. I think around a month or two before the filming is due to start would be a good time to learn the "Jedi arts".
    Cool, this is kind of like a parallel with Ewan and Hayden. They will be getting together before filming starts to nail down all the skills they need to make Ep. 3 the best of them all. With the exception of "The Jedi Trails" of course.

Fall-On-Jin: How goes the Matrix movie, my hard rocking amegio? I've nearly finished editing "Relationship Therapy" now, just one or two little tweaks here and there. Its suprisingly good actually, considering that when I first saw the rushes I hung my head in shame, knowing that not only had I written and directed this mess, but I had also starred in it! But I managed to slice together a decent, funny, well paced movie. Its suprising what you can do in the editing sweet!
    So lets just say that i'm fairly optimistic about entering it in the competition. I don't think that I will win, but I think it should give the judges a laugh or two, which in itself is as good as winning.

Just without the cash prize.

Which I would really like.

12. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Hey dude, long time no see. Unfortunately, due to powers which make my Media Teacher an Ass Fairy, i had to cancel the matrix project. He said there was not enough time to edit it properly, and that i would have to use something else which i mildly acted in. No spoken words, just physical acting and one very well timed stunt (pretty humorus as well :D)

Im working on a lightsaber prop at this moment in time, so i might not be online for a few days. If its finished, i will have a few pics of it when i get back. Oh yea, Ive decided to buy some materials for a Jedi costume. I think a Tan/khaki and Black colour schem seems to work well, as seen in another costume and it looks good. It should all be pretty easy to make, apart from the boots. Ive decided to Extend my school shoes (similar to how they did it in the real movies) so watch this space for pictures.

13. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    Nothing that sinister ....... at least not yet anyway!

14. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    What do you mean by that CGI-BOBAFENT?

15. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    Read Welshguy's last post for the significance.

16. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Terra/CGI-BOBAFENT - oh yea! now i get it :p

On another note, im off to the plumbing section of B&Q sometime in the next two weeks, to see if i can get a lightsaber or two made. Hey Welshguy, you interested in one? I could probably make two for less than £20, and if i make just one chances are there would probably be spare parts anyway. Also, since the parts are metal it would look cooler than a plastic lightsaber any day of the week.

17. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    My grandfather has a shed full of parts like that, hence why the sabre I made rocks all ;)

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, i'm sure everyone was thrilled to have gotten the promo shots for "Relationship Therapy". If you didn't get them, but would like to see what all the hype and fuss is about (actually, theres no hype or fuss, but i'm trying to generate some by lying!) then just send me an email and i'll have them off to you faster than you can say "Where can I purchase this astounding piece of movie history?"
    All in good time my friends, all in good time.

Fall-on-Jin: That sucks about the Matrix movie man. It sounded like a really cool idea and i'm sure would have looked awsome up on screen.
    I suppose this is a classic analogy of the big studio's crushing the creative expressions of the film maker. But don't worry dude, i'm sure you will get to make it sooner, rather than later.
    Onto the lightsaber subject. I think that in keeping with Jedi tradition, I would like to make my own lightsaber. I actually tried to make a "working" modle around 5 years back.

It didn't work.........

But with the knowledge I gained from that experience, i'm sure I could put together something quite tasty now. But much thanks for your kind offer.
    Now, where did I put that hammer?

CGI-Bobafent: Good to hear that the Universe is safe...

For now!
    (dramatic music)

Terra: Is your Grandfathers shed much like Obi-Wan's shack on Tattoeen? A treasure trove of ancient artifacts and details of inventions long forgotten by modern man.
    Guess there are lots of sheds out there like that, just waiting to be discovered.

19. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    *checks shed*

Bollocks. :(

B&Q it is then

Welshguy - by the way, did you manage to read the updated script i did? i will probably finish the first draft on monday.

20. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    My grandad does bear a striking resemblance to Ben...

Oh, and send me the promo shots already :p

21. Master_Qel_Droma

Master_Qel_Droma Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    Fall-on-Jinn: have you had a chance to visit B&Q yet, any photos of the lightsabers?

and for the record im from Caerphilly, and would be intrested in visiting the set when you start shooting

22. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    No not yet, but not that i have some cash i might be able to sometime this week.

Also, i'm working on some easy to make, but still pretty decent looking blasters for the guards. What i have planned is made out of 4 parts, which are:

Two pieces of metal pipe, each a different thickness. (barrels)

A piece of wood, which is basically the main part of the blaster.

And finally, a water pistol as the trigger and handle.

(surprisingly, many prop builders use these because once they are repainted with bits added on, they do look quite good.)

I will have a conceptual drawing of the blaster up soon, so you can translate all my mad ramblings into one simple image.

Fall-on-jin

23. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Sorry i've been away for so long people, but when you work for MI6 and they ask you to fly off to Baghdad to sort something out you ju...... Wait, i've said to much. Time to get out the memory ereaser. Where did I put that revolver?

Anywho! You will all be thrilled to learn that "Relationship Therapy" is now fully complete and ready for distribution. If you would like to own a piece of movie history just email me with your address and I will be more than happy to send you out a VHS copy (DVD's cost to much) for free! How could you turn down such an offer? You would have to be stupid or something????? ;)

Fall-On-Jin: Very nice story coming along there mate. Have you managed to get anything more done yet? Like the Vader dialog. Hows the prop building coming along? can't wait to see what they look like, should be very impressive.

24. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Welshguy: hey dude, good to hear about the movie. do you still have my address or shall i send it to you again? Oh yes, and i have appear to have struck gold, or at least, silver... let me explain.

The other day i was looking in my garage, after not having much luck looking in the shed. So, after digging my way to the back i found a load of chrome pipes, all different thicknesses, which would be perfect for parts of the blasters I'm going to make. I was going to use them for a lightsaber, but they are not quite thick enough for that.

Ive also got some pieces of wood in there too, which have to be cut and painted. All i need is to get a lot of cheap but big water pistols that look convincing... shouldnt be too hard.

On another note, my script for part 2 is almost finished, and i plan to have draft one done tonight.

25. exiled_padawan

exiled_padawan Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    good script, but i think ure buildin bobba fett to be a more important character than he is. oh an u probably mentioned it before but when in conjunction with the original trilogy does your film take place?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.