main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Kessel Run 2024 | 12 Weeks, 11 Prompts, 1 Wild Fanfic Challenge | Thanks for a fantastic Run!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ViariSkywalker, Jan 1, 2024.

Tags:
  1. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Absolutely! :)

2. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    I'm not sure if I want to have the story I'm writing for Week 5 be 'canon' as it were to my story Tides of War, but if it turns out to be 'canon' to my fanfic would it be 'out of compliance'?

3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2024
  4. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
  5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
  6. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    If your other story is an AU, than any entry lining up with it would also be an AU; but if your other story is canon-compliant (i.e. doesn't contradict existing Disney canon or Legends canon in any way for SW, or doesn't contradict the established canon of a NSW fandom), then any entry lining up with that story would not count for this prompt. This week's story must be an alternate universe in some way. :)

(Edits for clarity :p)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
  7. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    Thank you. Since Tides of Darkness is an AU in and of itself I’m covered. Thank you for clarifying.

Findswoman , Kahara, Chyntuck and 6 others like this.
  8. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    No problem! ;)

9. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    Here is Week V:

https://boards.theforce.net/threads...el-run-challenge-2024.50059976/#post-58780172

Fandom: Supernatural

Lisa Winchester is an AU character, since although Sam Winchester and his wife did have a son they named after his late brother, Dean, they didn't have a daughter. They also don't mention who Sam married, so I just came up with the idea that he might have gotten together with deaf hunter, Eileen Leahy, so that also isn't canon compliant. ;)

10. amidalachick

amidalachick Chosen One star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Week 5 is posted.

I was so tempted to do a soap opera AU, but I just don't have the time right now. Maybe someday. :p

11. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    My Week 5 is up.

12. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Posted my Week 5 - Run - which is an AU of a previous story (Noonflower) and stars Taeyn D'levosh, Master Indoa

13. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  14. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    This prompt is absolutely kicking my shebs...looks like I am going to be headed for a bye week :p

15. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    This prompt was indeed tough! [face_relieved] It took me some doing, but this week I am pleased to return to the good old KOTOR era with Katts, Stann, and…

Higher and Drier on the Endar Spire

16. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    And that delectable thing got me revisiting "So Few Things" which also had a one bed trope involved and is scrumptious for all the burgeoning romanticness. [face_love] [face_batting]

18. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Week 6 has arrived, and that means we're in the midst of some of our meatiest prompts as far as word count and content go. [face_mischief] I know this past week was a challenge, and if like me, you're still working on your Week 5 prompt, you have until tonight at 11:59pm EST to get those posted. You may also utilize your bye week if you need more time to finish. Just let me know in the thread if you decide to go that route! :) But for now, let's move on to...

* * Week 6 * *

• Write a a story between 600 and 1,500 words with your OTP (or other romantic pairing) that includes one or more flashforwards and takes place entirely in the same setting.
    • Word limit = 600-1,500 words
    • Entries due Monday, February 19th at 11:59pm EST

Yes, you read that right, the maximum word limit is 1,500 words, so if you're feeling verbose this week, you'll have a bit of breathing room. ;) Though the focus of this week's prompt should be a romantically involved pairing (preferably your OTP, if you have one), you are by no means required to include any actual romance in your stories. If you have specific questions about the flashforward, feel free to ask; in general, it should be a scene within your story that jumps forward in time, followed by a return to the "present" of your narrative. Skipping forward in time without returning to the present serves a different narrative function, and would not count for this particular prompt. Your entries are due one week from today. Best of luck, and happy writing! [face_batting]

~~
    Index of Prompts | Index of Participants

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo! Fun stuff! I have a question @ViariSkywalker ... my OTPs for SW do involve Jedi so a flash forward makes sense in the context of Force visions etc. But what besides that might serve as a realistic context or might it just be a narrative device, i.e., the story flashes forward in time but the characters are not aware of it.

For instance, the story might jump ahead to when an event or crisis occurs and is resolved but when the shift goes back to the present, the characters are unaware of the impending crisis. [face_thinking]

20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Do the OTP members have to be in both the present and future?

21. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    This is exactly right; for our purposes, the time skip is one that only the readers are aware of - not the characters. ;)

As long as the story itself is centered around the OTP, the members of that pairing do not each need to be in both the present and future scenes :)

22. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    @ViariSkywalker Can you please spell out what you mean by "takes place entirely in the same setting"? Would that be the actual room where the story begins? The building? The city?

23. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    I'm going to leave the interpretation of "same setting" up to each individual because it can certainly vary, and I want to leave as much room for creativity as possible - though I'd say an entire city is probably a bit broad for this one. I won't say it can't be done, but I'd challenge everyone to narrow it down a tad more. ;)

24. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    @ViariSkywalker Okay, let me phrase my question differently. Does "setting" translate to "circumscribed geographical area that shouldn't be too vast" (examples: Padmé's broom cupboard, Dex's Diner, the Imperial Palace, possibly a neighbourhood like CoCo Town) or can it also be defined thematically (examples: the Coruscant Underworld, a series of Gungan restaurants in various parts of Theed, the cockpit of several spaceships)?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  25. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    I am officially taking my bye week for Week 5, because the moose muse and Darth Real Life both said "nope" last week :p

A question on the new prompt-- does the flash forward need to be book-ended by segments in the present time?