main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Killer of Ghosts: (post-ROTS), Ben, Vader, Leia, Sabé, OCs (Finished 4/29/07)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Knight-Ander, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Leia gets trumpets! Cool! :cool:

Inni's memories of Theed were emotional and touching without being sentimental. Very well done. :D

The Organa ladies were quite entertaining. :p And I loved good old Ben and his certain-point-of-view truths for his cover story. [face_laugh] At least Bail played along well, though I suppose deceiving the Empire has given him plenty of experience in that.

And so the contact for the mysterious source appears... Looking forward to more about this! :D

2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I, too, am getting the feeling something is going to go wrong. Grrness. And who does this Yoncé woman work for?

Loved the descriptions, BTW!

The two men turned to face the speaker, a woman with long, silky black hair, thick, pouty lips, and almond-colored eyes

and

a tall, cocoa-skinned young woman with long, curly blonde hair dressed in a long, pleated, golden gown.

Excellent job, KA!!! :D :D

~~Sillé Yané~~

3. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    All was tranquil and safe, there was nothing to fear, or so he kept telling himself. ? As if! This is Star Wars!!! Excellent description of the city. I don?t think that Ben will forget meeting Bail?s sisters. Not surprising that they share Bail?s anti Empire sentiments.

She told him just as trumpets sounded the arrival of Princess Leia. ? How could you do that??!!!!!

4. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Responding to part 2 replies:

bobilll - Here, catch! :::throws candy::: :D

Lex - Inni and Ben crack me up. These two are meant to be a pair; you can just feel it in their words.

Much of the second half of this story will be them working together.

Yané - Thank you! I'm glad you like those paragraphs. :D

Will this mystery be cleared up soon?

Slowly, but it will be cleared up soon.

Um...didn't Leia kind of remember her mom?

Yes, but she didn't realize Doona knew her mom. :)

I can't imagine myself at 6, wondering about protocol! Leia is truly extraoridinary.

Protocol is not only part of her job as being princess of Alderaan, but it's also her life. :eek:

Sabe - I hope that nothing goes wrong with the Parade.

Trouble may be brewing. ;)

Responding to part 3 replies:

Sache - Are these the three aunt's mentioned in The Crystal Star along with the infamous pittens?

I discovered the aunts at The Completely Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia and they were first mentioned in Children of the Jedi not The Crystal Star. I've created a little more about them for Friday's post. ;)

Clef - Quote as much you want, I don't mind. ;)

Lex - And I loved good old Ben and his certain-point-of-view truths for his cover story.

That's one of the fun things about writing him, he never has to tell the whole truth. ;)

Yané - And who does this Yoncé woman work for?

You'll find out... eventually. :D

Loved the descriptions, BTW!

Thank you. :)

Sabe - Excellent description of the city. I don?t think that Ben will forget meeting Bail?s sisters.

I wouldn't mind meeting them myself. :p

How could you do that??!!!!!

Sorry, haven't written a good cliffhanger in awhile, so... :D

More tomorrow.

5. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Chapter Five: Faces In Crowds
    part: four

Wind whipped the multitude of colorful banners and pennants above the awning shading Alderaan?s royal family and invited guests as horns herald the approach of Princess Leia?s carriage. The young princess did not seem to care; she was smiling, waving, and throwing candy at the other side of the street. ?Hi, Winter!? she shouted to where her friend was waving back enthusiastically from atop a high wall next to her mother, constantly brushing away long, white strands of her hair from her face as the wind swirled around the street.

?Your Highness, perhaps you should come to this side of the carriage,? Anna proposed with a slight tug at the child?s skirt. ?You can see your father on this side.?

Leia ignored her, crinkling her forehead as she climbed up to pound Doona on the back to get his attention, again. ?Inni, why isn?t Winter with me?? Winter was such a constant companion, that spotting Leia without her white-haired shadow was rare. ?Isn?t she going to be at the party later?? The princess was genuinely concerned.

Doona tilted his head in her direction but kept his eyes on the crowd to his right. ?Today is a holiday, Leia, so Winter?s mother gets the day off of work.?

?But her mom works in the palace.?

?No, Winter?s mother works for Alderaan in the palace,? Doona pointed out, rotating his vision to the crowd on his left. ?To her, the palace is her office. To you, the palace is your home.?

?Oh,? Leia replied, still not sure she understood.

Catching the uncertain tone in her voice, Doona turned his attention to Leia and patted the small hand on his shoulder. ?Today?s a day to spend with family, and Winter is spending it with her mother.?

?Oh,? Leia said, her thoughts drifting like her hand as it moved to encircle the crystal hanging on a slight golden chain around her neck.

?Your Highness,? Anna pleaded softly. ?Your father and your aunts are attempting to get your attention.?

Leia looked at her for a moment as if she didn?t recognize her before blinking several times. ?Yes,? she said as if waking from a dream. ?Yes, where? Driver, stop.? Her hand released the crystal as she raised her head in search of her father. ?Hi Daddy!?

Doona allowed himself a moment from scanning the crowds to look up to the royal box where Viceroy Organa was stepping out from under the awning to greet his daughter formally. Unwillingly, he locked eyes with Celly Organa?s coal-black gaze. The way the woman stared at him made him want to finally admit his guilt for taking Captain Hosa?s Corellian brandy from it?s hiding place to celebrate the final day of his first year at the academy, it was that intimidating. Celly Organa was once the Chairman of the Refugee Relief Movement during the final years of the Republic, and was very upset with Doona for not going through her when he brought Leia to the palace. She was upset with Bail Organa for the same thing, but he was her brother and easy to forgive. But as much as it pained the viceroy to keep a secret from his sister, he agreed with Doona that the fewer people who knew about Leia?s origins the better. The ever flirtatious Tia winked at him even though she had her arm through the arm of an elderly foreign dignitary with a long white beard and his wife who was staring daggers at her on his other arm. Rouge Organa, who was suspicious of anyone she didn?t know personally, smiled and applauded, chattering away with her two handmaidens. Probably about Leia?s dress, Doona thought; Rouge was always fastidious about fashion, especially about Leia was dressed.

?On behave of the people of Alderaan, thank you for granting us with this holiday, Princess Leia,? the viceroy said with a bow in her direction.

Leia was silent for several seconds while the hover-microphone moved from the viceroy to her, and it wasn?t just because she was waiting for the device to broadcast her words that she was silent; Leia forgot what she was suppose to say next. This is why Winter is always with Leia, Doona reali

6. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Phew!!!! The adventure hots up! How many clones are there? Are they just there to keep an eye on Organa? The Emperor knows that Bail is not exactly his strongest supporter!!! With both Ben and Inni in pursuit, they shouldn't get too far.

The shield generating R2 units are a very cool idea! Poor Leia, that's a lot to remember for a 6 year old.

Hope you are going to update again soon as we still have to find out who the contact is!

7. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Excellent, KA. As I was reading, I couldn't help but marvel at the little details you put in that makes it so good.

Hmm, clones. I wonder who could be sending 'em?

Loved every bit, KA-man. Write on! :cool:

:p

~~Sillé Yané~~

8. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    I'm curious about what the standing of the clones is at this point in the timeline. Are they still under the control of Palpatine? Or are they some sort of black market commodity? I presume we'll see.

Inni's smooth, professional cool is always fun to see firsthand ;)

9. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hmmm Yoncé's a Naboo name, isn't it? So what could she want? And clones? This cannot be good... Was it the candy that got their attention? (It sure got mine!)

10. Clef

Clef Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2003
    The chase was on. :D
    And the fun begins? 8-}

UP!!!

11. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    All right!!!! I can't to see what happens next!!!
    Great post. UPPERS!!!

~*Amilight

12. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Doona's thoughts on the Organa ladies were very entertaining. Guess he's been around them too much already for his taste... :p

Have I mentioned I love the way you're writing Leia? ;)

Oh dear. Clones there and on the move. Not good. Not good at all...

Exciting cliffie, though! Can't wait for more! :D

13. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Finally, I've caught up with your stories.

Oh, this is nice. This is really, really nice. I love Alderaan stories.

I've always been impressed with the thoroughness of KA's work - the solidity of the storylines and the background research into the EU. All the intriguing Alderaan characters are here; we have Winter, Bail's sisters, the effects of past incidents (the Tusken Massacre) ... and of course, the accurate nitty-gritty techno details. This story does not fail to deliver. :)

I've packed my camper. I'm definitely here for the ride! :D

14. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    First, the bad news.

No new post today. :(

Darth School has been battering me across the head and shoulders so much of late, that I can't really get into working on this story. Hopefully, I'll have one up for next week that will be much longer than normal. :)

Anyway, thanks for the lovely feedback, everybody.

Sabe - How many clones are there? Are they just there to keep an eye on Organa?

They're there for someone else.

Yané - Thanks for the comment on the details. :) Sometimes, I think I haven't put in enough detail, but I'm glad to see that you think I have.

Saché - I'm curious about what the standing of the clones is at this point in the timeline. I presume we'll see.

Correct. ;)

bobilll - Yoncé's a Naboo name, isn't it?

Correct. She's working for someone from Naboo.

Clef - And the fun begins?

Wait and see. ;)

JoT - Thanks! Alas, you'll have to wait to see what happens next one week longer. :( Oh, well.

Lex - Have I mentioned I love the way you're writing Leia?

I think you have, and thank you. :D

leia naberrie - Welcome, and thanks for all the praise. :D [face_blush] Even though Alderaan is the setting for only a third of the story, we're going to be here for a while, so camping out is a good idea. ;)

15. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    A beautiful place to come back to--

Did I mention how much I loved your young Leia? I can't get over it, she's just the right blend of kid and precocious, so that her "bestest" and her candy delight mix in with her preternatural political ability, and all of her curiosity--also, you're really making me see her parents in her, looking back.

I'm concerned about the clones... what are they doing there, and what are they after? Worrisome. Clones just have to start trouble.

And, on the matter of Inni, I think he needs a girlfriend. :D He certainly knows enough about Leia's aunts--he could try one of them, or Anna!

16. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Moonbeam - Did I mention how much I loved your young Leia?

Probably. :p

I'm concerned about the clones... what are they doing there, and what are they after?

Hint: They're after a who, not a what. :)

And, on the matter of Inni, I think he needs a girlfriend.

He and Anna tried a relationship, but that didn't work out since his mind was still on the women he truely loved. Now, his mind is suppose to be focused on only one woman, Leia.

But that doesn't mean he won't have a thing with another woman later in this story. ;)

17. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    UPPERS!!!!!
    Hope your muse is waiting for you... :D

~*Amilight

18. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Don't worry about not updating yet - we can wait! :) Good luck with your work!

19. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Chapter Five: Faces In Crowds
    part: five

Bail Organa never thought his daughter?s birthday was a good excuse for a parade. Before coming to power, Organa had always seen the celebration?s formed by the ruling House of Alderaan to commemorate the birthday of their children as frivolous and wasteful. Despite having a large immediate family, Bail Organa was silently hoping never to have children of his own, cutting back on the extravagant celebrations that the previous rulers used to sink Alderaan further and further into debt.

Not long after he came to power on Alderaan, the people of Naboo dismissed an economically careless administration and replaced it with a young queen, Padmé Amidala, and for over a decade both worlds were ruled under the epitome of leadership, becoming prosperous and respected worlds through out the galaxy.

Then came the Clone Wars.

It was a night after dinner with his sisters when Celly Organa said, ?The moral of the people is low, my brother.? She handed him a glass of Chatoan wine and took her place on an expansive, nerfhide sofa. ?Just as low as yours,? she pointed out, crossing her legs and taking a sip from her wine glass.

Tia Organa raised a carefully manicured eyebrow at her sister from her position at the other end of the couch. ?Are you thinking what I think you?re thinking, Celly??

Celly took another sip of her wine before carefully placing it on the endtable next to her. ?As much as it pains me to say it, we may very well be thinking the same thing.?

Bail finished his wine and was moving to the sideboard to refill his glass when he said, ?Please, Celly, no riddles. My day has been too long for any of your riddles.? He refilled his glass and promptly poured the contents down his throat.?

Tia rolled her head to look up at her brother. ?What she is trying to say is that Alderaan needs to throw a party.?

The viceroy snorted a cynical reply. ?What, should we celebrate every time there is news of another Jedi?s demise at the hand of Darth Vader? We?d be celebrating more often then not,? he added refilling his glass and emptying the contents down his throat again.

?This conversation is not about Jedi and Darth Vader,? Celly growled at her brother as Tia stood and snatched the decanter of wine from Bail?s hand. ?We are talking about Alderaan.?

The viceroy stared at the puddle in the bottom of his wineglass. ?Yes, Alderaan. You were saying I have been derelict in my duty to my planet, Celly.?

Tia shook her head sadly as she stoppered the nearly empty decanter. ?That?s not what she?s saying---.?

?It most certainly is!? Celly Organa interjected. ?And I have a proposition to resolve the moral issue.?

?And that would be?? The viceroy prompted as he slumped into the chair across from his sister.

Celly took a deep breath before saying, ?As Chairperson of the Refugee Relief Movement during the Republic?s final years, I saw many children, many orphans, parentless refugees come through the program. Many have found new homes with new parents or old relatives, but many are still in orphanages on Alderaan and across the galaxy, and other have been lost in the system, lost in a constant shuffle of data.?

?A terrible consequence of war,? Bail said, finishing his wine.

Celly was thin-lipped when she said, ?We need to remember those orphans.?

?Remember the orphans??

?So the consequences of war are not forgotten,? Tia explained.

Bail brushed his hand over his face. ?We already have a day of remembrance for those who have fallen in war and to commemorate why Alderaan is a non-combative planet.?

?But those are not celebratory days, brother,? Celly said as she moved to the edge of her seat. ?We need a day to celebrate life and our prosperity.?

?Six months from now would be a perfect time,? Tia voiced.

Bail raised his eyes at his sister. ?Why in six months.?

Celly exchanged a concerned look with her sister before saying, ?Because a certain orphan?s first birthday is in six months.?

Bail slammed his class down on the tabl

20. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    a little kid locked inside a palace for a week? wow, Inni, that is really harsh! But I like how Leia's birthday is interwined w/ orphans' birthday, it's so sad that so many kids don't have parents anymore.

21. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    I want Inni to give me candy. ;)

Excellent post--great characterization for Bail, great interaction between Ben and Inni (particularly on the matter of "luck" vs. "the Force," and candy. You can't go wrong when you have candy. I feel sorry for Leia--having to stay inside for a week wouldn't be fun for a little girl, even if it is in a palace.

Those seedstorms do not sound pleasant. I'm sure they'd make my allergies act up, too!

22. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Dang! Lost the quarry...

So... do we get to meet mysterious contact next week, or what? :p

Interesting way of telling people's war stories as the boys went along the street. I suppose the effect was to tie it into Princess Celly's arguments in the first part of the post. Sure made it interesting to gauge the new style of POV, though. lol

I liked how Ben picked up so quickly on Inni's alarm regarding one little sneeze. And the pronouncement about keeping Leia indoors for one week. Absolute statements are the biggest foreshadowers of trouble. This should be interesting.

Am I going out on a limb to say this story probably takes place over the course of a week? ;)

23. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    bobilll - it's so sad that so many kids don't have parents anymore.

But they have new, happy homes, which is the upside of the last post. :)

Moonbeam - I want Inni to give me candy.

Sounds like somebody has a crush on Our Hero. ;) :p

I feel sorry for Leia--having to stay inside for a week wouldn't be fun for a little girl, even if it is in a palace.

How Leia feels about that will be mentioned in the next post.

Sache - Dang! Lost the quarry...

Don't worry, we haven't seen the last of those two.

So... do we get to meet mysterious contact next week, or what?

Not in tomorrow's post, but probably next week's. :)

Am I going out on a limb to say this story probably takes place over the course of a week?

A very unsteady limb, Sache. There may be a week more in this Act, but we have a long way to go.

Overall, this story probably takes place over several weeks and no more than two or three months. How long it'll take me to write this story, however... ;)

More story tomorrow. :D

24. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    I've said it before but I'll say it again.. I love your attention to details. It was so remarkable the way, in the middle of Doona and Kenobi's hunt, you keep drawing the reader back to the festivity and the reason for it.

It seems that Bail Organa is a bit of a cynic... and has a bit of a drinking problem, as well? :confused:

I'm looking forward to where Leia's allergy becomes pivotal in the story. :D

25. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    A very unsteady limb, Sache. There may be a week more in this Act, but we have a long way to go.

**scoots back to meatier part of limb** Eh well, that's a better thing anyway. ;)

Looking forward to the next part! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.