main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Said this before...were they responsible for that? This scene has been confirmed as "not at the jedi Academy" by Pablo Hidalgo

2. pupuce

pupuce Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 10, 2016
    I can't wait to see them. I think they are force sensitive, not as strong as kylo ren of course. The flashback we saw in the movie showed them as they were 14 years ago and even if it's not the case. I'm sure they improved, completed their training with Snoke. It would be also so cool, if the force users weapons were not only lightsabers for example. They could build a weapon that is different. But as kylo ren is a nostalgic and a purist, only a lightsaber will do for him and yet, his is different anyway..

3. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    I hope the stuffs, axes and swords they carry are working in the same way the Riot Troopers Baton does. It would give new dynamics and possibilities to the fights.

Mungo Baobab , Sarge and pupuce like this.
  4. REALBOBAFETISH

REALBOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Could they have been not actually killed, but only "in a manner of speaking"? They seem to be all much shorter than Kylo in the vision scene...Maybe Kylo was the oldest and had a following of younger padawans before Snoke turned him....The Jedi Knights of Ben......

Mav Edit: Thread Merge

panki likes this.
  5. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Are the rest of the Knights of Ren even Force sensitive or have any training of that sort? I mean IIRC Kylo was the only one holding a lightsaber in that flashback. The others seem to be holding other types of weapons.

REALBOBAFETISH likes this.
  6. REALBOBAFETISH

REALBOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Not sure, but padawans by definition are not fully trained Jedi....Vader was taken aback when he saw Luke had crafted one...

7. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I believe there is concept art of one with a lightsaber at his belt, and a cool coat cut diagonally in front so it can't get in the way of drawing it. They definitely don't all have sabers visible. They also don't look like a bunch of kids who were following the path of righteousness yesterday — they have a very veteran look.

REALBOBAFETISH likes this.
  8. ararha

ararha Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 25, 2013
    It was confirmed by Adam Driver that the Knights of Ren were around before Kylo joined up.. By his wording in the same interview im *guessing* they are a group of Snoke followers

9. ForgottenMaster

ForgottenMaster Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Do you suppose that when Ben joined the Knights of Ren, he put his name into a Facebook name generator to get his Ren name? Your Ren name is the 2nd and 3rd letter of your mother's maiden name and the last two letters of your father's last name. I would be Ohme Ren.

darth_frared and TaradosGon like this.
  10. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    They make up the membership in Kylo's fan club.

SkywalkerOG, Vorax and Dameron like this.
  11. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Force Groupies!

12. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Are we not Sith? We are Ren

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  13. ForgottenMaster

Dec 29, 2015

I should add that for this to make sense, one must accept that Ben used "Skywalker" as his mother's maiden name, not Organa. s'ky'walker so'lo' = kylo

14. ForgottenMaster

Dec 29, 2015
    I was doing a little research aka googling just now, and I came across an old Celtic tradition in which a group of men would go on a Wren Hunt. I didn't spend a great deal of time on it, but the Wren supposedly held a godlike power that would be transferred to those men in the group who killed the wren.

Could Luke be the wren? Could the Knights of Ren be hunting Luke for his power? Could Snoke be using Kylo to get Luke's power? And if Snoke gets that power, what's next? Does he get rejuvenated?

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  15. Dameron

Apr 8, 2014

With the Sith gone and the Jedi now extinct, Snoke would use Luke's power to move on the next most powerful group in the galaxy... THE WOMP RATS!

16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Kylo and his band of merry men. He could've used a few to save his rear.

17. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I'm still wondering if the vision is somethign from the past or yet to occur....would be interesting to see more of that scene in episode 8....especially because it looked like the clan warrior who was stabbed with the lightsaber was attacking Rey (or someone else and Rey just got the vision of it)

Sarge likes this.
  18. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015

Oh I really like this idea! If that is the case given where they are filming I'm betting it's not just Luke but other strong force sensitives as well. Maybe rejuvenation, maybe he's really a spirit trapped. Can you contain force powers though? Like can you really capture that from Jedi? It's not like magic is it?

panki likes this.
  19. Dameron

Apr 8, 2014

Jedi aren't batteries with power inside, the way someone like Superman is. The Force already is an energy field, and it's everywhere; you need to connect, control it, get information from it, not bottle it. Being better at Force powers is like being a better artist, not a better battery.

Still...

In Clone Wars, Yoda makes an odd mention of lightsaber crystals receiving something Force-ful from the wielder.

Holocrons require the Force to open.

When does his barehanded Force lightning block, Yoda seems to store up the energy, then release it in a different form.

So... I guess if they want to do this, the pegs they could hang it on are maybe there in the canon?

20. MilesEdgeworth

MilesEdgeworth Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    I definitely think that scene in Rey's flashback is from 8. Likely the back end when they invade Luke's island.

21. Lecter1972

Lecter1972 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 23, 2015

Thats interesting, I initially thought the visions were linear showing the oldest first and getting nearer to the future

However some of the timelines have been kind of thrown now as it appears the Academy destruction was a good deal after Rey waving of the spaceship

The only thing is there was multiple bodies around the KOR so that makes me think it might not be his island

22. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    but what about the dead bodies? Who are they? Rey + Luke are alone on that island in VIII except maybe Chewie + R2. [face_dunno]

23. Zalbaar

Zalbaar Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2016
    It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Knights of Ren. Do people want them to be actual Dark Jedi's?

24. PaperSkin

PaperSkin Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 12, 2015
    The Knights of Ren are Kylo's hair and make-up team... he's got to look fabulous while being the Mr darkside of the galaxy.

Dameron, Sarge and panki like this.
  25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I feel like Rey might be seeing things through someone else's eyes. Like that massacre is our introduction to the KOR in Episode VIII, and to show us that Kylo has become much more ruthlessly powerful. And really that wasn't Rey, it was just some other person whose POV Rey was looking from.

Sarge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.