main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Locked Thread Reading List (temporarily suspended)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Artemis_Silverbow, Aug 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    As always, I'm glad to hear you liked the story LM. As for it being an epic, well, not everything in the depths of the board is a one-post story ;) Trust me, Obi-torture can be MUCH worse. I'm sure I'll get to some of those eventually [face_devil]

"Interview with the Sith" is one of my favorites too, Jane Jinn. Usually, I don't care for humor, but that story is definitely an exception [face_laugh] As for the link, I'm sure LM wouldn't mind having it sent to him via PM-and neither would I, for that matter ;) If it's complete and on a locked thread, I'll use it as a future selection :)

2. LordMoltar

LordMoltar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    And I thought Richard Rahl had it rough in the "Sword of Truth" book series. Some of the stuff Obi-Wan goes through would have even Ricky shuddering. But as long as it's based in a good story, bring it on, Artemis! ;)

Again, thanks for the P.M.ed link, Jane_Jinn. I think that one was truly epic in scale, for sure. :D

3. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Sorry for the delay :( I'll have the next selection up soon(I hope).

4. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Well, we are just glad that you do this ;)

5. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Take as much time as you need, Artemis. What counts is that the time spent digging for treasure comes up successful. ;)

6. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support :) And since you have all been so patient...I present the 12th Locked Thread Reading List selection: Flames by Shara82. Ever wonder what Luke was thinking at Vader/Anakin's funeral pyre? Want to know what Vader/Anakin thought of his own life? This short story offers one possible answer. I hope you like it ;)

If you'd like PM notification of updates(and aren't already on the list), send a PM to Echo_of_Artemis, or post your desire to be added to the notification list on this thread

7. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Oh geez, you're determined to reduce this old Lord to tears, aren't you, Artemis? :) A very excellent, and moving, choice for your latest unlocked story. Proof positive that good things come to those who wait.

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, that was interesting. I never thought of Vader/Anakin being a perfectionist, or of him wanting to kill people only because their incompetence was holding him back from finding his son.

9. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    You don't seem to mind, LM ;) Glad you liked it.

I hadn't thought of it that way either, Jane Jinn, but I must admit it made sense to me :)

10. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Okay, so maybe I don't mind being reduced to a bowl of mush in the morning. :) By the way, Artemis, for one of your upcoming stories, do you think you could dig up a straight forward adventure tale? "Tales From The Empire" put me in the mood for some well paced action stories.

11. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    I'll see if I can find an adventure story, LM, but it may take awhile-I haven't had much time to look lately.

Next update coming......soon ;)

12. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Finally..........I present the 13th Locked Thread Reading List selection: Obi-Wanzo meets the Fearsome Five-year old by jedi_master_gimpy. We're back to a little(literally ;)) Obi-torture in this selection, but as you can probably tell from the title, it's played for humor. I hope you like it :)

If you'd like PM notification of updates(and aren't already on the list), send a PM to Echo_of_Artemis, or post your desire to be added to the notification list on this thread.

13. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Ah, that was cute! I really laughed at the way Tynne repeated some of Obi-Wan's mutterings to Qui-Gon. The German word for "bedbug" is Wanze, so I always think of this as the Obi-Wan-Bedbug story.

14. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Mmmmmm, Pada-Waffles... :D

A great, and quite hilarious, choice for your latest locked story, Artemis. You were right in that it was a different sort of Obi-torture story. (A form of torture I've experienced myself with younger cousins from time to time.)

15. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    LOL! That was a funny story! Thanks Artemis! :)

16. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Glad everybody liked it :) I should point out, however, that the story is slightly less funny if you've had much experience babysitting ;)(My scalp aches in sympathy.)

17. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for the 14th Locked Thread Reading List selection:When worlds collided by Neon Star. This short story, my first crossover selection, features Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in the "Lost in Space" universe. I hope you like it :)

If you'd like PM notification of updates(and aren't already on the list), send a PM to Echo_of_Artemis, or post your desire to be added to the notification list on this thread.

18. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Oh my, OH DEAR!!! It's the 14th. post already?!? Wow, time does fly when one is having fun. ;)

As for the most recent story, I do sort of wish it was a bit more detailed and longer, but I liked the idea, and the characterizations were dead on. (Oh, how I wish I could've seen more of Robot though. Hearing, "Danger, Will Robinson", at least once in the story would've made my day.) Another smashing choice for the Locked Thread Reading List, Artemis. Keep this up, and we'll have to work at creating some sort of medal of honor for you. :D

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Well ... it was a good idea. I would have liked more of the Robot, too.

Next, please!

20. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    It's hard to believe we're up to #14-but we are ;) What's REALLY hard for me to believe is that I've been doing this since 8/12 [face_shocked]

It may not have been the greatest story I've ever featured, but I liked the characterizations enough to chose it anyway. I also was a little disappointed not to see more of Robot, but Dr. Smith's page time helped make up for that. I'll try to have the next selection up in a few days :)

21. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    It's taken me long enough(sorry about that :() but I'm pleased to present the 15th Locked Thread Reading List selection: To You, Red(Or, I'll Drink to That) by Jaded. Mara Jade fans take note, this story features our favorite red head shortly after the events of "I, Jedi." I hope you like it :)

22. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Muy, muy, MUY EXCELLENTE!!! :D A most entertaining choice for the 15th. story, Artemis. Of course, it's not just because I'm a Mara fan... ;)

23. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm not a Mara fan at all and I approached this fic with extreme caution, but wow, was I pleasantly surprised! What a little gem! Great characterization, great little touches of humour, very nice all in all.

24. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    Where are the rest of the Mara Jade fans? :confused:

Glad you two liked it, LM and Jane Jinn :) I'm not quite sure when I'll update again. I need to decide what to use next. Maybe something around TPM?

25. LordMoltar

Jul 25, 2001
    Hmmmm, some "Phantom Menace"/Prequel-era stories wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm interested. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.