main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Do I really need to display those traditional statistics for both players this season again? Which one does Ohtain lead Judge in?

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    All of the pitching ones.

Havac , jcgoble3, mnjedi and 3 others like this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    more veteran bullpen help for the Yankees. Feel bad for Andujar, despite requesting the trade and then finally being brought back up to compensate for the outfield injuries he came back and balled for us. Just how it goes sometimes in pro sports.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's just objectively true. If we only measured Aaron Judge's batting statistics against Shohei Ohtani's batting statistics, that puts subjective weight on batting. Instead, we have to go for quantity. If only there were a better way to measure players relative to each other. Ah well.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    He leads me and you too. In fact, He leads every position player in baseball in those stats. Just rename the reward after him already.

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    You've convinced us, AT. From now on, we're all going to refer to the MVP award as the Shohei Ohtani award and insist that only Ohtani deserves it, just like you want. You win.

So, the 2022 AL Shohei Ohtani award winner is Shohei Ohtani. The 2022 NL Shohei Ohtani award winner is also Shohei Ohtani. You'd think it would be Paul Goldschmidt or maybe Nolan Arenado, but it is the Shohei Ohtani award, so it's Shohei Ohtani.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    The funny thing is that I think everyone who is arguing against Ahsoka has stated that they agree or are fine with Judge winning MVP. Is that not enough? Should we not only believe that Judge should won, but that Ohtani doesn't even deserve to be considered in the conversation?

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I mean, I obviously clearly think Judge is the MVP and also enjoy dunking on Ahsoka's ridiculous arguments... so it's sort of win-win here. (apologies to tom's monitor)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    No, the NL will have to wait for the next two-way player to come to their league. But then again, Ohtani could be a FA after next year, so it's possible he could wind up there anyway.

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    AT does need Judge to win. And Ohtani disgraced. Wanna know why? "They have a dream." That one day, every person in this nation will control their OWN baseball. A game of the TRULY free, dammit. A game of ACTION, not words. Ruled by STRENGTH, not committee. Where the statistics change to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where RBI and ERA are back where they belong: in the hands of the people! Where every man is free to calculate -- to compare -- for himself! **** all these limp-**** statisticians and chicken-**** analysts! **** this 24/7 Internet spew of WAR and wOBA bull****! **** "Forecasting success". **** the anti-Yankees media! **** all of it! Baseball is diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving it -- we need to pull it out by the roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN! And from the ashes, a new baseball will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The weak will be purged, and the strongest will thrive -- free to live as they see fit, they will make baseball GREAT AGAIN!

You still don't get it. AT is using WAR as a statistic to get Judge MVP... so they can end WAR as a statistic! In their new baseball, people will die and kill for what they BELIEVE! Not for home runs, not for singles! Not for what they're told is a walk. Every man will be free to fight his own analytical wars!

Point Given , mnjedi and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    No, Shohei is winning them both this year, and every year, and he's going to steal your girlfriend. He's going to steal Aaron Judge's girlfriend, too.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  14. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    When I half-seriously proposed using WAR to determine MVP, I did not intend to start this crazy of an argument.

Calm down, everyone. We all have just as much influence on the MVP award as my toilet does, so there's no use getting riled up about it.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  15. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    YES! Finally we shall see the day when the leader in the all important 3B/GDP stat will rule the mvp vote. No one can stop me now!

16. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
  17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Your toilet’s documented pro-WARP agenda has gotten us into this mess!

jcgoble3, dp4m and mnjedi like this.
  18. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Ugh, already too many runners left stranded. That's going to bite us in the rear later in the game

19. Lord-Skywalker

Jul 8, 2002
    I’m more ticked off about the double plays, potentially taking away an extra at bat for Judge.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Once again we find ourselves wondering why Stanton is in the lineup after he jacks a 2-run shot...

DarthIntegral and Point Given like this.
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Was hoping to see Zack Britton tonight but probably not now that Schmidt gave up a quick HR.

...make that 2 home runs and the lead gone with 0 outs Schmidt pls

22. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Well this is a nightmare.

...well nightmare cancelled. Usually that goes worse.

...tie game. Not so nightmarish. And looks like Judge will be up again

23. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Locastro isn't much of a hitter, but he can really run and steal bases.

24. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
  25. Lord-Skywalker

Jul 8, 2002
    He may not pitch, but certainly knows how to throw strikes.

Thena likes this.