main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 1.08 - Chapter 8 (Season Finale!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 26, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jan 10, 2020.
  1. 10

52.7%
  2. 9

29.1%
  3. 8

12.2%
  4. 7

4.1%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

0.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0.7%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Let me sing the chorus with everyone....OM...******* G...…. a Darksaber!!!

That just blew my mind !

2. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    That was just ... almost no words ... amazing. From the banter between two punching-the-clock scout troopers to that "OMG it's the ____" ending ... it was all just amazing.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Disagree. Episode 6 was phenomenal, and I enjoyed the eerie sedateness of 5. It reminded me of a de Chirico painting. And from a Mando character perspective, it wasn't filler, IMO.

But I agree that Episode 7 and 8 are a one-two punch of total Star Wars amazingness that will be hard to beat.

Everything was great, but a special shout-out to the striking beauty of those blue Mandos in the flashback, saving the day. I don't know why, but that scene really got me.

4. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    is it safe to assume that dyn will get the dark sober in season 2?

Absolutely loved the episode!

5. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Words can’t exactly describe my feelings, so here’s a gif express myself about the season finale:

[​IMG]

I can just say I am perfectly content right now and I will be eagerly looking forward to Season Two.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    THE DARKSABER! MOFF GIDEON HAS THE FREAKING DARKSABER!

A mention of Mandalore the Great and the Mandalorians battles with the Jedi. This show is definitely preparing audiences for an Old Republic film series. It's happening!

Now is Dyn Jarren going to take the Darksaber and lead Mandalore back to glory? What happened to Bo Katan? Who was the Mandalorian who saved Dyn Jarren? Is Mando taking Baby Yoda back to his home planet or is he going to find Luke and the Jedi? Or will Baby Yoda just become a Mandalorian? So many questions! Can't wait for season 2!

7. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    You can assume it but I don't know how safe of an assumption it would be ...

... since apparently Katee Sackhoff is involved in Season 2 though that could be in a flashback scene.

8. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Mando find his calling and an identity. And when/if the moment comes when he has to give up the kid to his species... there's going to be wailing all over.

- Mando gets over his droid bigotry so much, he forgets that IG isn't a living thing.
    - And heh, I called it: The droid that Mando hates so much got to be Baby Yoda's nursedroid. Didn't expect to get the payoff in one episode but damn, it was sweet.
    - That tricked out R2 unit in the lava boat. I want one.
    - Those Scout Troopers must have been recruited at the local discount store.
    - Siege of Mandalore reference!!!
    - Moff Gideon creeps me out. I wanted him dead. Fast.
    - Damn, that Darksaber gets around. It's going to meet every character in the GFFA by the time it's done.
    - If you ever hook up with the Jedi, Mando, one former Jedi might have given you a tip: Never leave a crashed ship with an enemy aboard without checking for bodies.
    - The Jedi ghost of Kanan Jarrus can be heard moaning "Never a Fire Repellant Baby Yoda when I need one."

10/10

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Remember when Hamill tweeted that he had just finished work on some mystery project? Could it be? [face_thinking]

10. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Btw I enjoy watching shows like that with subtitles on, so his name from the official Disney Plus subtitle track is actually spelled Din Djarin. Also Carasynthia Dune of Alderaan <3 The fact that she is from Alderaan explains A LOT. She hates the Empire so much because they blew up her planet. This show is just so good.

That Moff Gideon speech was priceless.

11. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    So much to love about this Chapter.

Moff Gideon - he is bad ass. What a great new villain. A real legitimate enemy for any Mandalorian with what he did to them and now that he is holding the darksaber.

IG-11 - love his ability for destruction when he shows it. Not only is he cool with the body rotations with his weaponary, but I just love how he smashed that speeder bike scout into his speeder bike. After watching him hit the yodaling a few times, my 'dad' hackles rose and I was woop wooping when the IG unit used the speeder bike as a trampoline for the scout troopers head.

Loved that flame trooper and when the Stormtroopers started setting up the canon, I was like.... hey I've got one of those from a Prequel Clone Trooper packet (figurine) - well it looks like one of those. Loved the canon too.

The Foundry/Blacksmith Mandalorian is a kick ass character. She made an absolute meal out of those Stormtroopers and hit them that hard that their helmets shattered.

Really sad about the other Mandalorians.

Loved that the Mandalorian got his Signet and his Jetpack in this Chapter.

And so much more is needed to be said after a second viewing - it most definitely needs a second viewing or more.

12. cappoe

cappoe Jedi Master star 3

Jan 12, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Baby Yoda waving to TROS as it shows how to really do a finale.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    The beginning with the two scout troopers was just hilarious.

"I understand the meaning! Did you understand the meaning?" [face_laugh]

14. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    And the mudhorn became is signet after all. "You are a clan of two".

15. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I can’t even process what I just watched. Holy hell. That was pure. To quote my self “NO YOU DID NOT JUST @$”¥#£! REVEAL THE DARKSABER?!”.

Thank you Favreau, thank you Dave.

I need to rewatch but my very next thought was that I loved how they worked around Mando revealing himself to “someone”. That was clever.

God I need to rewatch this.

I can’t believe they pulled off this great a payoff to last episode. I was worried that they’d fumble it.

Alright straight into 2nd viewing.

16. cappoe

Jan 12, 2018
    There's zero reason why SW shouldn't be as big as Marvel with these two in charge. They understand and get it. Incredible episode, incredible series. Can't wait for S2 in 2020.

jedi-soon, Jaxxon-, Sitara and 8 others like this.
  17. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    "I get the point, did you get the point?"
    And agreed, perfect scene.

18. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    The looks of sheer joy in little greens face(sue me team four star) when uncle IG went fast on the speeder and then Papa Mando gave him a jet pack ride where awesome.

Also Carl Weather's asking little green to do the hand wave magic and the little guy just waving at him is priceless. Seriously the humor in this show has been some of the best star wars humor bits.since HK47

19. cappoe

Jan 12, 2018
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

WAITING SINCE CHILDHOOD FOR THIS!

20. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    That scene was Taika operating inside the Star Wars sandbox. And agreed ... perfection. Those two guys engaging in impromptu target practice on that tree stump ... so good.

21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I thought that at least the 2nd guy would get it, but they were both horrible in their aim.... which just makes it so perfect. [face_laugh]

22. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Note to Lucasfilm: this is how you do cherished Star Wars tropes.

23. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I genuinely don't know what makes me happier. Seeing the darksaber in live action, or finally seeing someone cut a doorway with a lightsaber after all these years. It's been forever [face_love]

24. cappoe

Jan 12, 2018
    Is the necklace Mando gave his son at the end his possession from childhood or something he got in the creed?

25. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Can't be from childhood, since it's a Mandalorian symbol necklace. It was something he was given in the Creed, and gave him access to all things Mandalorian. He gave it to Cara Dune temporarily, but then got it back from Yoduski later.