main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 3.04 - Chapter 20 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 21, 2023.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Mar 29, 2023.
  1. 10

16.5%
  2. 9

17.4%
  3. 8

24.3%
  4. 7

25.2%
  5. 6

7.8%
  6. 5

4.3%
  7. 4

1.7%
  8. 3

1.7%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0.9%
  1. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Some of the complaints remind me of the scene in the Simpsons where one of the nerd characters complains about one of Itchy’s ribs making two distinctly different sounds when Scratchy plays it like a xylophone.

Sometimes we just gotta accept this is space fantasy. I don’t need to know how dragons can breathe fire, and I don’t need to know how a space reptile’s gastric juice’s didn’t eat through a foundling’s armor.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    Sarge, Sproj and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  2. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Exactly.

It really all depends on the genre. If it's a more realistic form as we see in Andor, more realism is required. But clearly the Mandalorian is not going for hard realism.

JoshieHewls likes this.
  3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He just does. This is the way.

Christopher Blair likes this.
  4. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    It's impressive for a credited actor (starting to rival Silas Carson and Alan Roscoe). Though in the OT, bit actors were cycled very frequently. Many actors would be reused for army scenes as Rebels or Stormtroopers. Just look at Alan Harris, Dickey Beer and Trevor Butterfield, for instance.

Also, I'm glad to see everyone behind Ahmed Best this time around. This isn't just an apology for the actions of some deranged critics in the past, but a second chance in Star Wars to a very genuine human being.

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    When the rescue team was scaling the cliff, I really wanted some random cameo by a character sticking their head out of a cave, like the people looking out at Batman and Robin when they were climbing an apartment building in the old TV show.

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Huge missed opportunity.

7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This should really be a picture of Dee Bradley Baker.

9. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I believe a Jawa already did that back in Chapter 2.

10. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Not long enough.

Intergalactic Lawman and 3sm1r like this.
  11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    American television is weird.

He also played an unnamed rebel in TESB ("The first transport is away"), and according to Hamill himself, he's had uncredited voice cameos in every Disney-era SW film, not just TLJ and TROS.

12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    As is the nearly nonexistent public healthcare system that makes these commercials normal.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  14. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Be water my friend.

Siphonophore likes this.
  15. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Goes to show just how brainwashed the Clones now are after the Order 66 chip activation... They're not just willing to raid the Temple, but endanger innocent citizens by trying to shoot down Kelleran as he flies through Coruscant.

I can only imagine what Bo Katan is thinking about the Children of the Watch... can't even eat together? While out in the middle of the dangerous wild? Have to separate to eat... How dangerous and risky is that?

7/10 on this one for me.

Chris0013 likes this.
  16. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    "Boy, these people are weird and dumb with their weird and dumb rules. Good thing I have plot armor."

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Their helmets are within arm's reach, they're wearing the rest of their armor and have all their weapons to hand, and everyone else is within easy earshot. I don't think it's all that dangerous to eat separately. No more than stepping away to answer nature's call. Less, in fact, because they can keep their beskar pants on.

CampOfSorgan likes this.