main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian [Din Djarin] Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, Nov 7, 2019.

1. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I believe Din may have a crush on Ahsoka. In episode 14, he calls her "the nice lady" to Grogu -- this kind of phrasing often carries a subtext of attraction.

Maybe he has a thing for ladies with head tails -- last season we learned he had some kind of relationship with that Twi'lek.

As Din and Grogu flew away, Ahsoka herself seemed a little wistful and moved. It could be that she imagined the three of them embarking together, how they might make for a surprising family unit.

I could be totally off here, but I wouldn't be surprised to see these small seeds cultivated over time.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    I think it was the sight of another Jedi youngling (Grogu) coming down a ship's ramp - the same way Ahsoka first met Anakin in the TCW movie. This encounter was a reminder of happier times - and that everyone she knew from those days is dead or lost (except Rex... maybe.)

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Unless Rex died in a battle he is probably still around just old.

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    He can beat up stormtroopers with his walker.

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    hey if this guy can do it why not Rex

godisawesome likes this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    So Tython is basically the Tir Asleen moment of the show, they go there for nothing and the baby gets captured even after a big fight and new allies made.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    You might be reading way too much into that. To me it immediately seemed that he is just referring to her as such, because he is talking to Grogu. As in, he talks to Grogu in baby (or kid) language.

"Did you see what the nice lady brought us?"

I really don't think there was any attraction from Din towards Ahsoka, when there was attraction towards the lady in the village, it was made obvious.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  8. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Nope. I'm shipping them!

See, the "lady" in the village isn't special enough for Din to need to be subtle about his feelings. Ahsoka, on the other hand, is a Queen, and Din would likely be a little surprised at meeting such a person, at meeting this amazing Jedi, and hence his phrasing isn't for Grogu, but mostly for himself. After all, he's talking to a baby, and what would you expect him to say to Grogu -- "hey kid, what did you think of that kicking ***************************?"

Notice that Din calls her Ahsoka later, at the sitting stone, which begs the question, why is she the "nice lady" earlier? Grogu knows who Ahsoka is, the only reason to call her by the other name is to express his feelings while simultaneously repressing them, maybe perhaps realizing himself for the first time that he perceives her that way.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    It won't be for nothing. I'm 99% sure a Jedi is coming for Grogu.

Bor Mullet and RetropME like this.
  10. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    And he better look exactly like your av! :D Sadly with Filoni involved it will be another one of his pets shoehorned into the story and it will detract even further from what this show once was... sigh.

11. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I really doubt it'll be be Ezra. That would kind of ruin the suspense of the search for Thrawn and Ezra.

12. FromDromundKaasWithLove

FromDromundKaasWithLove Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2020
    I really don't want it to be Ezra especially since it'd be too much old character to make him Grogu's Jedi.

I've said it before, but I prefer that it be a new character where we don't know who they are, what they are like, how they are or where their story could go.

Intergalactic Lawman likes this.
  13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well he need not of been reaching out to a living Jedi or even a Jedi. Maybe that wasn't the Jedi megalithic structure but a Sith one. The shape was triangular and pyramidal. Maybe Mando just assumed that was the place.;)

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    He wouldn’t be the only one.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The runes on the seeing stone glowed blue, which is indicative of the light side and the jedi. If it glowed red, that would be a different story.

[​IMG]

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Not necessarily. Since blue is normal color of Sith lightning and Sith magic. Moreover the runes on the Nightsister alter on Rebels glowed green. Glowing runes in the Sith tongue is questionable I would say.

17. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Am i the only that did not understand how could Djin's face be scanned and "recognize" by the Empire data system ?
    Didn't he never take off his helmet his whole life ? So how his face could be in some database ?
    Moreoever, the Empire database.
    And if he was in that database, didn't this mean he was either affilated or amicable to the Empire ?
    Or should we just turn off our brains about how face reconigtion works in GFFA ?

18. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Definitely seems like a plot hole. The system seems to be set up only to detect criminals or enemies to the Empire? But why wouldn't it be set up to detect the faces up actual members of the Empire?

I guess it has something to do with that key Din inserts that opens the system, but why would face recognition work as it does after using the Imperial key?

Doesn't seem to add up to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

whostheBossk and nilzo antonio like this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    He was a preteen last time he showed his face, and the fact that he was in the system for Moff Gideon to later learn about him suggests that they got his facial structure at that time, and his adult face is close enough to still register under a scan.

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The point is that his face wasn't in the database (it was, as Mayfeld said, a face scan designed to identify criminals, not people without a record). And because his face wasn't in the database, he was cleared.

Two-factor authentication. The key gets you in because you're likely am Imperial if you have one. But just to be sure, your face gets scanned to make sure you're not a criminal that's infiltrated the system. And if you're not a criminal, you get through.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-mandalorians-pedro-pascal-says-he-doesnt-want-to-ta-1845895057

And we are done with the stupid rumors that there were problems with Pedro Pascal during production, which some people took as far as to say that he wants to leave the show, and that he was very unhappy that he didn't show his face, and other figments of their imagination. I somehow remember a lot of people on these forums buying into these rumors, sadly. The truth is that Pedro Pascal has no reason to go anywhere right now. He is playing in one of the hottest shows across streaming platforms, and that's quite impressive considering we are talking about a Star Wars story. And I somehow feel that Filoni and Favreau have a lot of amazing suprises for us in the next 2 seasons, let alone the other 2 supporting shows.

22. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Din Djarin quickly becoming one of the greatest SW characters. And much of it has to do with giving him serious wounds to overcome, and deep yearnings to pursue.

We have writers finally who understand what makes a character living and dynamic and relatable and empathetic.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Amen. And links to Grace Randolph videos or rumors should be banned from this forum. She has proven time and again to be a malicious liar with a far-right misinformation agenda, and her content does nothing but create an atmosphere of unwarranted negativity.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  24. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Quite honestly, Pedro would be an idiot to leave this role now, and F + F would be idiots to let him go.
    He is doing a FANTASTIC job, and so are they, and there is no reason why his collaboration doesn't work.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. Yearning, in particular, is key. Even someone without deep wounds in their past can yearn for something bigger or different or peace or adventure or enlightenment or nature, and it’s universally relatable. The wandering soul. The Irish poets understood that, and more filmmakers could take a lesson from them.

It’s no accident that the binary sunset scene is one of the most famous in cinema. It’s the essence of humanity.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    TCF-1138 and The Chalk Jedi like this.