main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy Thriller Drama The Meaning of Hero

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Darth_Elu, Mar 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shao Kang

Shao Kang Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2021
    IC: Shao Kang
    ~ Drahkabor~

The monk moved as stealthily as he possibly could. He was hunched over, arms out as he moved almost sideways, his feet crossing one over the other in silent sequence, his eyes peering out.

Shao Kang was looking out for ‘Deer’ with his eyes, but his mind was engaged in an unseen struggle all its own.

How is this world so realistic? He wondered in near desbilief.

Jae Dong had to keep refocusing every time the virtual miracle kept distracting him with its wonders. The smell of the grass, the feel of the ground under his feet, the ambient sounds, the sheer landscape itself. Jay even wondered if the servers for the game were located on the surface of the moon! The amount of computing power needed to run a virtual world on such an epic level must be—well, beyond belief. He could almost bet the developers had gotten their hands on a quantum processor or A.I.

Deer hunting, hunting for Deer…remember?

Shao Kang chuckled inwardly as he continued deeper into the green when he eventually came to a clearing at the edge of the woods. At first glance, he spied their goal . A deer taking a nap!! It looked so peaceful and innocent as it slept, undisturbed. Kang waved for Tyson to approach as he simply took in the sight, admiring it, cherishing it, as well as committing it to memory. How was this even happening in a ‘game’. Was there an image capture or video clipping feature on this thing?

The young monk slowed his breathing and matched the pattern of the deer, so there would be no variance. He knew he couldn't simply run to the noble creature, as his foot falls would send vibrations through the ground, likely waking the deer as a result. He would have to step as quietly as possible, and match his steps to the breathing pattern as well.

Kang’s eyes also spied several clusters of Haranna flowers nearby and resolved to collect them after they had captured the deer for Tyson. However, there was something else he had spied in the distance.

Bear.

The other player had not spotted them, at least not yet, but was not too far from their orbit. Kang bit down on his jaw, hoping Bear would not accidentally spook the sleeping deer. In other words, Kang had to move immediately. He’d seen this happen too many times in previous MMORPGs, when another player would swoop-in, practically out of nowhere, and collect the very resource you were farming for hours.

Kang shook his head, clearing his mind from such distractions.

Turning towards Tyson, he communicated through simple motions that he would go to the sleeping deer, and that he should watch, stand guard and be ready to collect his prize. Well, he hoped he was able to communicate all that.

Without wasting another second, Kang did his best ’Sneaking Ninja’ impression and began to move towards the unsuspecting deer. He intended to go around and come from behind. He also didn't succumb to the growing temptation to move faster, but forced himself through martial discipline to stay the course, and move as he had planned. One step at a time, matching each breath.

Tag: @Darth_Elu ( Mentioned: @Bear Korr Avana )

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Apologies for the long delay! Am starting to begin wrapping up all the first quest scenes from those who have not already done so!

Woods of Sanctuary
    ~Atra Zarryn~

As Meek threw the rock, it just missed Toma, slicing to the right a bit too much. But it managed to get his attention. Pausing for a second as he had been running off behind the other players, he turned and looked back toward him and Eray.

Furrowing his brow at the wild waving, he shook his head and went back to shepherding the others away from their location.

This short period also caused another problem, one that made Eray tug at Meek’s sleeve. They were both guilty of having frozen in one spot for too long.

The thing was upon them. It stood, looming above them, right in their faces with a menacing growl that shook them to their knees. Their bodies were acting against their will…game or not, this was true, genuine terror they were feeling.

The demon then sniffed at them, almost as if uncaring, then proceeded to run past them and after the others again.As their eyes would widen, yet look rather puzzled at it, as the creature came right next to them, it’d glance back at them….

And suddenly the thing seemed to become translucent for just a second and there was Areesha running where the thing should have been, with a huge grin plastered on her face. She offered a sly wink at their dumbfounded expressions, then kept going.

As soon as she was not immediately next to them, Areesha was gone again and replaced with the fire-breathing demon from hell.

“….Wait a minute….Wait, wait, wait…” Eray began.

Before much else could happen, the healer was interrupted by the door to the rock shack banging open. Tahnu had re-emerged, while clutching behind the legs of a much taller human NPC. A mage by the looks of him. A powerful one.

[​IMG]

And he wasn’t looking too happy. His eyes were quickly locking onto the creature rampaging past. Whatever happened now, Meek would need to act fast…or not at all.

Tag: @Meek_LongEars

Sarene IC:
    ~Mur Qaotra, Othya~

Moving along the beach, Sarene gave a smile as Achelous eventually chose to join her on land, nodding as he gave his opinion of the upcoming city as well as the game’s overall realism.

“Yes, I agree. There’s no way I would have ever dreamed this,” she motioned around them, “place would be quite so…so…well, real. While the city is probably what you describe, I still look forward to it though. I bet it looks amazing!”

They would continue on without incident for some time and that visual expectation would soon be put to the test as Our Qaotra came into view, nestled right along the shoreline. A port city, as one would expect of the Sirens.

A big port city as the large perimeter walls would attest to and the great amount of ships moving to and from the harbor that disappeared behind the walls, though you could easily see them slipping into and out of the sea from where they had walked from. Eventually moving from the beach and onto the mainroad just a little bit inland, they’d come to the northern gates where they would pass inspection from the guards without so much as a glance.

At least that went easily enough. But now came the usual issue when coming into a new place.

[​IMG]

Where to go?

It was hard to tell whom to approach as no one NPC stood out from any other, mostly siren and human from what they could tell, but the place was packed with people hustling and bustling in every direction!

“I-I’m sure most of them will ignore us…” Sarene started with a gulp, “But I wasn’t expecting this much activity. I guess it really lives up to being a city!”

While she waited for Achelous’ opinion, her eyes had stretched wide and were practically taking in everything around them.

Tag: @Achelous

Starry Skies Inn
    ~Auratori, Othya~

[​IMG]

Zarithea and Vaarra walked into the recommended Starry Skies Inn after following the directions given by Nublias earlier. The reason for its name, aside from the being in the “Istiel Capital” was clear as evidenced by the ceiling. It had been painted, with moderate talent, to resemble that which was described in the Inn’s name.

The atmosphere was pleasant and currently hushed, as they had come in through the door that brought that straight to the side of the front desk. Further down the green rug that was on the floor, there a space opened up to show a pleasantly lit tavern. It seemed to have about a dozen different denizens at the tables lined up, with barmaids and male servers working them.

A voice clearing their throat caught their attention however, and they noticed a churlish looking older woman with a sharp gaze watching them. Of human stock.

“And? What can I do for ya, Istiel?”

Tag: @Zarithea Netherward & @Vaarra Cudol

See Previous Update & Kang’s Last Post: @Bear Korr Avana

Combo: @Shao Kang

3. Bear Korr Avana

Bear Korr Avana Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2021
    IC: Bear
    Hunting

The sleeping deer was still sleeping, and if he'd had expertise with the weapon, he might have tried to cut it open, but then he saw the flowers! The deer forgotten, Bear stooped to scoop them up, and pocket them. In-fact, he took them all, if only because he could always leverage them against noobs.

No, not noobs, that was an OOC thought.

He could courageously offer to assist denizens taking their first steps on their adventure.

Better.

Because of that, he actually missed Kang, and he actually forgot about the deer entirely.

Nonplussed, he trotted back to hand in the flowers.

It wasn't the most dramatic moment, but he would have to try harder next quest.

But at the same time he wanted to get ahead early on, and that meant making the decisions which progressed him the quickest. In an MMORPG, the early players who did well would literally dominate the next however many years the game ran.

Indeed, it was half the fun.

Fun?

He was having fun.

Belatedly, seeming.

TAG: @Darth_Elu, @Shao Kang

4. Achelous

Achelous Jedi Padawan

Mar 27, 2021
    IC: Achelous
    ~Mur Qaotra, Othya~

Yes, I agree. There’s no way I would have ever dreamed this,” Sarene motioned around them, “place would be quite so…so…well, real. While the city is probably what you describe, I still look forward to it though. I bet it looks amazing!

I nodded and didn't really say anything else for myself. I knew it would probably have a grand picture, it was when we get to it I was sure was when we would the paths blocked and the people that would even turn to notice us thin out to nearly nothing. Mur Qaotra came into view, nestled right along the shoreline.

The place looked huge, and with the large ships coming and going it just made it feel even bigger than it was I was sure. Probably mostly long docks to nowhere, but there were a lot of steeples visible behind the walls. I have to admit I was starting to question my own logic for this game. We came to the northern gates where there was a quick inspection from the city guards, well I say inspection, more like we were given the TSA stink eye but nobody actually laid hands on us.

Once inside I noticed we were both looking around a bit, like tourists we were left with the quesiton. Where to go?

I was wrong, I freely admitted it to myself as I saw the hustle and bustle of the city around us. Nothing was on a loop or happening every ten seconds like in a usual game that runs out of things and processing power for background characters. I was amazed! And likely a bit slack jawed looking at everything and everyone.

I-I’m sure most of them will ignore us…” Sarene started with a gulp, “But I wasn’t expecting this much activity. I guess it really lives up to being a city!

"Y-yeah." I said nervously as I looked about. "Uh, Neres said just to turn them in." Yeah, I was not seeing anything shouting 'give fish here'. "Either there is a way to pull up a map with a quest marker, or we seriously are going to have to ask for directions somewhere." I stated as I tried to see if I could pull up the interface and find something like a map feature or quest locator feature to turn on.

Tag: @Darth_Elu

5. Vaarra Cudol

Vaarra Cudol Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2021
    IC Vaarra Cudol
    ~Auratori, Othya~

The walk through Auratori was uneventful. Nublias’s directions had been easy to follow, clear, and the two istiel were able to take in the sights of the town as they walked. Vaarra’s stomach rumbled, reminding her that she was still hungry but she persisted in their course, as she was sure that Zarithea was doing.

When they walked into the inn Vaarra almost breathed a sigh of relief, it was becoming easier to find their way around town. She looked around, noticing it did not seem too full and another sigh escaped her, not too many people thankfully. It was still unnerving to be around too many people, especially when they were close and crowded together.

It was a beautiful building, to her, not having been out much from her home. She was looking up at the beautifully painted ceiling when a sound reached her ears.

Dropping her head she realized it had come from an older human woman. Who then proceeded to ask them, in a voice that sounded like she’d rather be throwing them out, “And? What can I do for ya, Istiel?”

The stars of her skin seemed to swirl, the Istiel equivalent of a blush, ”Ummm, Nublias, from the Tower...uhhh” she glanced at Zarithea as she tried to remember the name of it before she turned back to the woman, ”the Tower of Mages suggested this inn. We’re looking for a place to stay.”

Tags: @Darth_Elu, @Zarithea Netherward

6. Zarithea Netherward

Zarithea Netherward Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2021
    IC: Zarithea Netherward

Zarithea remained faithfully at Vaarra's side through the town. She would look over occasionally to check on her friend, granted it was a hard feat with the celestial face and starry eyes. The town itself was an interesting place with interesting people. This game was so incredibly immersive and realistic, the red haired girl within the istiel body had to remind herself of such.

As the two walked through the doors of the inn, Zarithea took in the sights and looked up at the starry skies painted on the ceiling.

"My goodness - this is certainly a nice one. We got lucky, Vaarra!" The istiel intoned happily.

“And? What can I do for ya, Istiel?”

Zarithea turned to look at the inn keeper and nodded along with Vaarra. She lightly touched Vaarra's shoulder, motioning that she would handle it for her and walked to the human woman.

"Greetings and good day! Do you have any rooms available?"

Zarithea easily accessed her inventory to see how much currency she had on her.

Tag: @Darth_Elu and @Vaarra Cudol

7. Pax Vikkin

Pax Vikkin Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2021
    OOC: Apologies on the delay @Darth_Elu

IC: Pax Vikkin
    Northern Narahul Jungle, Yerkoskei

Despite the fact that the task had been relatively boring it was still a satisfying feeling to be bad for doing work. Although doing menial labor for little pay was not exactly why Hyun had decided to play this game. What was more interesting was the brass knuckles that had been provided. It was a little brutish for Pax's taste, but with only a set for a single pair of hands, he would be able to switch between strikes that did not require clenched fists and ones that did with relative ease.

“In addition, since we’re quite some ways from the city, I can give you a rune stone that will help instantly send you back to Xevuzhin. Of course, you can choose to explore Narahul some more if you wish. Choice is yours.”

"The rune stone for Xevuzhin if you would"

Upon receiving the rune stone Pax looked down at him contemplating if these were a craftable item or had to be bought. Something to research later as he activated the rune stone.

TAG: @Darth_Elu

8. Twylla Mirtheart

Twylla Mirtheart Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2021
    IC as Twylla

With wide eyes, she listened to those with her and just nodded faintly. They were protecting them, but they would be with them again soon. That...that was good.

"O-Ok," she replied softly. Uncertain.

Not knowing what else to do, she allowed herself to continue to be carried and wonder where they were headed in this little forest. Would the bad guys be defeated soon? She could only hope so.

9. Meek_LongEars

Meek_LongEars Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2021
    OOC: I've been trying to process how hard I got played.

Meek Longears

Meek looked on in astonishment as he saw that the Demon that he and Eray were convinced was actually a monster turned out to be Areesha using an illusion spell of some kind. Meek had so many questions,

first, since when has Toma become such a good actor?

Second, why did they deviate from the plan so much?

Of course, it was a far better plan than the one Meek came up with, and he was pleasantly surprised that Toma was capable of such deception, but the thought also made him wary of this group. Toma and Areesha were far smarter and deceptive than Meek initially surmised, but that made them all deadlier.

Meek peered over his cover after Areesha basically punked both him and Eray and saw that a mighty mage followed the NPC.

"Dude, this is our only shoot to loot the location we should go now," Meek whispered to Eray as he motioned for them to move to the back of the hut.

10. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Grayson IC:
    ~Norkahn River, Drahkabor~

The NPC Quest-Giver, Grayson, watched as Bear trotted back toward him. His expression neutral, but his stance casual.

[​IMG]

He had just dealt with a few other players (adventurers in his ‘mind’) and turned expectantly to this tattooed man, nodding approvingly.

“Looks like you’ve got what was required then? See, nothing to it.”

With a nod and a gentle redirection, he pointed Bear like many others toward where the camp of other NPCs was, that was tucked some ways off into a grove. Getting there would only take about a five minute walk.

[​IMG]

Upon arriving, he’d note some other players milling about and conversing with about five human NPCs. Three men and two women, each looked fairly rugged and experienced in the ways of the wood. All were tattooed in some way, much like himself.

Whomever Bear preferred to speak with would wave him over when they noticed him. “A’right. Go ahead and set the flowers in that little crate over there and the deer can be set on that pile of ‘em next to the camp.”

Where each was would be fairly obvious.

“Thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated!” the NPC exclaimed while handing over 5 Copper coins as payment. Bear’s senses would briefly tingle at the back of his neck too, letting him known something had just appeared in his inventory as well.

It was his first starting weapon. Given his class as Warrior, it was a short sword of decent make. Nothing special since it was a starter, but it would get the job done.

The NPC folded their arms. “When you’re ready, I can fix ya a ride back to Wyylrun. Have a letter that needs delivering to the city, could get you some extra coin. Easy. Or you can hang around here awhile longer. Up to you.”

Indeed. In this world of limitless choice, it was very much up to him.

Tag: @Bear Korr Avana

Sarene IC:
    ~Mur Qaotra, Othya~

The female siren just side-glanced nervously at Achelous, giving the faintest of nods.

“Yes…he certainly did, didn’t he. Um, let me just look for that Map tab again…”

As she seemed to ‘zone out’ as she searched the tabs that were invisible to others while being searched, Achelous would just notice how the city continued to move on uninterrupted. If there was a loop here for the NPC paths, it was a long one…

Searching himself now for the Map feature, he would come to the same conclusion as Sarene.

“…There’s no Map.”

But there was the Quest Log tab, which Achelous would recall and find first. Problem was, it only detailed the quest itself in basic terminology. It denoted that it needed to be turned in to a fish merchant in Mur Qaotra. Not exactly who or where. So that was of limited help.

Giving an incredulous laugh, Sarene began waving over an elderly human man. “I can’t believe I’m about to ask for directions the old fashioned way in a game.”

The man, with eyebrow raised, hobbled over and smiled cautiously. “Yes?”

“I’m sorry, we’re….we’re new here. Um, where are the fish merchants? We’re bringing some new catches for them.”

The old man beamed. “Ah! Helping out the community are ye? Fine thing, that! Well, lass, if you’re looking for those who peddle in fish…always look to where you’ll find fish!”

With a cheery laugh, he pointed out what he meant. The docks.

“Just head straight for the main docks, as you get closer, you’ll see ‘em!”

Thanking the man, she looked over at Achelous with a blush and a shrug. Whenever they moved on toward the docks, they really would become clear. A number of stalls had been set up between piers along the edge of the street, merchants hawking different types of sea food and other marine-related items.

“Do you think we need to find the one with the exact fish or any one will do?”

Innkeeper IC:
    ~Starry Skies Inn, Auratori~

The older woman watched the pair of istiel carefully as they answered her. Vaarra being all hesitant and uncertain wasn’t helping matters, though Zarithea’s mention of the place being nice did make the woman seem to soften just a tad.

“Ummm, Nublias, from the Tower…uhhh the Tower of Mages suggested this inn. We’re looking for a place to stay.”

“Greetings and good day! Do you have any rooms available?”

The woman seemed to blink a moment, more earnestly going over their words now, and then broke out into a much more welcoming disposition. Her whole stance shifting over.

She had gone into Shepherd Out The Ruffians mode into BRING ME THE BUSINESS mode in about two seconds flat.

“Why Nublias! Should have just said that the moment you stepped in! Good man, good man! I’ve got some rooms available, yes! Only two galena for a room!”

They would note that they both had 6 Galena Coins and 5 Copper Coins. There would be no problem purchasing a room or rooms, unless they wanted to search for a different place.

“I can throw in a free meal even!” The now suddenly jovial innkeeper added.

Tag: @Vaarra Cudol & @Zarithea Netherward

Capital of the Xskiva
    ~Xevuzhin, Yerkoskei~

[​IMG]

Upon activation of the rune stone, Pax would find himself enveloped in a soft yellow light, blocking out the sights and sounds of the jungle momentarily.

When it receded, the stone was gone from his hands as it had been used up, and all around him was undeniably a city! The hustle and bustle of various people moving along wooden bridges and roads all over, with amber buildings spreading out both horizontally and vertically along truly impressive trees. They might as well have been skyscrapers, they towered so high! While the Xskiva presence was technically low according to the lore, their mark on this city was obvious. And due to their wings, you saw them flying to and fro short distances with them.

Outside of them, the other races of Yerkoskei were all on equal display as they moved along. Humans, kitsune, oovi-kat, and even the illithid.

Before Pax could entirely lose himself in the experience however, a voice called out to him from just beyond the moderate-sized amber circle he stood now…some kind of anchor point for the rune stones.

“Hey. Hey you, new guy! You were just helping out with the wards in the jungle, right?” clattered the xskiva’s mandibles.

“Mind if you help me as well for just a moment before you head on your way?”

[​IMG]

Maybe it was because he was an insectoid race, but it was hard to tell whether he looked shady or if he really was shady. Nevertheless, it was Pax’s choice whether or not to deal with this proactive NPC.

Tag: @Pax Vikkin

Those With Her IC:
    ~Unknown Location, Yerkoskei~

Things continued as they were for some time. But when events finally did change, they did quickly.

And not for the better.

The sounds of horses snorting into the air, somehow disguised until they were practically on them, appeared. The ones with Twylla practically jumped and huddled closer together as three riders came out from the trees and encircled them.

“Hold it right there,” one of them spoke up with authority. A male fire elf of all things, his green eyes dancing with malicious glee from beneath his helm.

“Where do you think you’re going? No need to be in any hurry, we have a special place for you all ready.”

“The fact that you’re even bothering with prisoners makes me rather not care to see this ‘special place’ of yours at all!” retorted Twylla’s companion, setting her down.

“Don’t worry about that. Thinking is not what we need you for anyway, chattel.”

There was a tense pause before the two of Twylla’s companions glanced at each other, steeled themselves with shaky breaths and then roared…

“RUN TWYLLA!”

They then launched themselves at the lead rider and pushed Twylla hard into the woods, the other riders trying to swiftly converge all in a tangled rush.

It was chaos.

…but it did save the girl? Did she heed their words?

Tag: @Twylla Mirtheart

Eray and Tahnu IC:
    ~Woods of Sanctuary, Atra Zarryn~

Nodding at Meek’s words, but also mumbling to himself about what had just happened, Eray moved with his roguish companion toward the back of the hut quickly. Trying to remain outside of the powerful mage’s attention.

Thankfully, Areesha had completely garnered the NPC’s focus. Judging by the magic being charged up in his hand and the fact that he quickly dashed off after the ‘demon’…

…Perhaps things wouldn’t be going over so well for her in a few moments. But it was too late to do anything about that now. The first obstacle they faced outside of that was that while the human mage ran after their companion, Tahnu remained outside the front door.

Not so much guarding as watching events play out. He was still in the way.

“I’ll try to distract him, while you sneak inside. Better be fast with whatever you grab, I don’t think we’re going to have long.”

As soon as Meek gave the signal, he would move toward Tahnu and get his attention.

“Hey…you think he can handle that demon by himself?”

Master Novis can easily deal with it, but I just can’t believe such a creature was even in the area!”

“…No kidding. About that task you were having us all do before we were attacked…”

The healer made sure to firmly stand where Tahnu would be forced to have his back toward the hut’s door (which remained open) and give a little room for a single Keldbi to sneak by.

Tahnu was effectively engaged and distracted with the conversation, along with occasional glances toward where ‘Master Novis’ had ran to.

It was now or never.

11. Alusan Zaruul

Alusan Zaruul Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2021
    Alusan

He had forgotten an important detail which Dabess was quick to point out.

“Glad to hear it! Though, do you have a name too, or shall I just call you ‘Spunky?’”

Laughing, he gave a shrug and grinned at the man.

“You got me! My bad, forgive me. I am Alusan here. Nice to meet you!”

Guess he got too caught up in the moment and forgot to introduce himself properly. That was embarrassing!

Following Dabess, he made sure to turn in the fish and give an uncertain smile to the women’s teasing. They were not real people, yet somehow were really throwing him off course! To be honest, he wasn’t really sure what to make of it.

“What to do,” he said to himself out loud while taking the coins and opening his inventory space. Seeing the gun made him grin. Now that was what he was talking about! To experience fighting in this world would probably be very intense!

He was looking forward to it as he equipped it right away. Looking over to Dabess, he pointed at the path that the girls had talked about.

“I think we should head for the city for now. Get a feel, yes? Then branch out and test the freedom like you said!”

No matter what he said, Alusan was starting to feel sure that would be the best move for himself and would move along the path with or without Dabess coming along.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  12. Zarithea Netherward

Mar 28, 2021

The innkeeper watched them, seemingly suspicious of their intents. Although as soon as she heard their inquiry of any available lodgings, her disposition changed.

“Why Nublias! Should have just said that the moment you stepped in! Good man, good man! I’ve got some rooms available, yes! Only two galena for a room!” The innkeeper said.

Zarithea nodded, encouragingly to her companion. "We have enough for a room each!"

“I can throw in a free meal even!”

The istiel's stomach audibly rumbled at the offer to which she grinned easily, looking to Vaarra.

"What do you say, friend?"

Tag: @Vaarra Cudol and @Darth_Elu

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  13. Vaarra Cudol

Mar 28, 2021
    IC Vaarra Cudol

Vaarra sighed in relief as the innkeeper’s tone changed as soon as Nublias was mentioned. The woman had been quite offputting when they arrived. The immediate change made her wonder, think about what sort of presence Nublias must have in this town. He’d seemed friendly but testing, when she and Zarithea had been in his tower.

As this thought was going through her mind she heard Zarithea speak up, "We have enough for a room each!"

She smiled at the older lady, and then her stomach joined the chorus as it rumbled in counterpoint to Zarithea’s at the second statement. "What do you say, friend?" She laughed several times ”Seems we’re in full agreement. As are our stomachs.”

Looking at the innkeeper, ”Two rooms, please. And yes, please, the meals too.”

14. Achelous

Achelous Jedi Padawan

Mar 27, 2021
    ~Mur Qaotra, Othya~

It was wondrous, as Sarene searched the map I couldn't help but wonder at the mystery that the city continued to move on uninterrupted. I had read that the game was impressive, but it kept exceeding anything I thought of for its limits!

Closing my eyes for a second I followed in looking for the map feature, but. . .

As Sarene stated, “…There’s no Map.

Although I did note that there was the Quest Log tab, only I found it to be very simple and not detailed in ways I was hoping for. It merely said it needed to be turned in to a fish merchant in Mur Qaotra. Which was the problem, which one?

Giving an incredulous laugh, Sarene started speaking, “I can’t believe I’m about to ask for directions the old fashioned way in a game.

I smiled nodding as I closed the interface to see the elderly human man, with eyebrow raised, hobble over and smile cautiously. “Yes?” He asked. I wonder if he was nervous because he was not the proper NPC or was it just human Siren relations?

I’m sorry, we’re….we’re new here. Um, where are the fish merchants? We’re bringing some new catches for them.”

The old man beamed. “Ah! Helping out the community are ye? Fine thing, that! Well, lass, if you’re looking for those who peddle in fish…always look to where you’ll find fish!”

With a cheery laugh, he pointed out what he meant. The docks.

“Just head straight for the main docks, as you get closer, you’ll see ‘em!”

"Thank you." I quickly stated with a smile and a nod, my hand coming to my chin without thinking and dropping away. Basically saying it twice. Sarene thanked him as well before she looked over at me with a blush and a shrug. Why in the world would she do that? With a shrug of my own we headed the way pointed out toward the docks. We found a number of stalls had been set up between piers along the edge of the street, merchants hawking different types of sea food and other marine-related items.

Do you think we need to find the one with the exact fish or any one will do?

I shrugged, looking about, "Well, it cannot hurt to have a look. See if we see one selling it or if not. I suppose ask again." I gave a nod and turn trying to see if I could see it.

15. Yorr Muarhmah

Yorr Muarhmah Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2021
    IC: Yorr Muarhmah
    ~Ukk’nash Plains, Drahkabor~

Joe's very roar caused the Ukk'nash boars to freeze in fright, uncertain what to do, with his next movements quickly herding them together and running before him just as he foresaw. There was a fourth nearby that started panicking and running straight for his herd. That could be good, but if he wasn’t careful it could just scatter the three he had perfectly placed.

With another angry squeal, he noticed a fifth charging him from behind, its head lowered and breath puffing up into the air as it worked its deceptively powerful legs through the snow in its own charge.

Hm. His gaming skills were already showing themselves, but Odyssey of Fantasy was also already revealing it wasn’t going to be like the games before it. A simple intro quest…but was this a subtle first sign?

Could this game truly be….

Joe’s first real challenge in ages?

Not likely. Not this early. He turned on his heel, throwing his hands forward, bracing himself for the impact of the charging boar, which he planned to gracefully stop and herd with the rest.

After this, if it went according to plan, Joe would quickly dash to the side, standing in the way of the panicking boar to halt it's trajectory towards his hearded boars! He couldn't allow for it to ruin his perfect combo, and threw his hands out, attempting to halt the beast.

It needed to work, by the power of gaming it needed to work!

Joe hadn't worked up a sweat just yet, but he knew this game was different. It was special. This game would not only elevate him above the noobs. It would elevate him to a god-like status in the gaming world!

16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Dabess IC:
    ~Road to Naburze, Atra Zarryn~

Tucking a hand under his handsome zeltron chin, Dabess thought over Alusan’s words. He stayed that way for almost a full minute before shrugging and dropping the hand.

“Hm. I suppose. For some reason I’m feeling pretty rebellious, wanting to ignore the cities for a while. But why not head in that direction at least. If you still want to go there, I’ll at least get you to the entrance. Might as well see what it looks like.”

Without any further hesitation, he placed boots to the dirt path, marching down along its length.

“Well, lets go!”

The path would keep them mostly in the clearings and wide open areas, but forests dominated all along the edges of the route. Atra Zarryn was, without a doubt, a heavily forest country and without anything occurring at all for half the trip. Rather uneventful really.

Until…

Until two other zeltrons seemingly appeared out of nowhere right in front of them, with blades clashing in a flurry of sparks! Dabess would freeze immediately and throw a hand in front of Alusan, making sure he didn’t get too close either.

“The heck!” he would shout in surprise.

The two zeltron males jumped back from one another and relaxed their stances, looking over at them. They stared them down for a few moments before laughing.

“Sorry about that! Just dueling for the first time. Couldn’t wait to really try out the combat in this world!”

Fellow players then. One of them sported a long dagger and the other a typical but deadly arming sword. The one who spoke had the dagger.

The one with the sword went next. “Sorry, but you can join in if you want? Otherwise we’ll wait till you pass, no problems here.”

Dabess looked at his companion with an eyebrow and a shrug. What did he want to do?

Tag: @Alusan Zaruul

Innkeeper IC:

Clapping her hands together and repeating the amount more officially, the now happy innkeeper collected their payment and handed them a key each.

“These are for Rooms 3 and 7, closest I could get I’m afraid. Just go up the stairs right here when you are ready, take a right and go all the way down, then turn another right and follow the numbers on the doors. Simple as that.”

Beaming she then pointed down to where the green rug led them toward the tavern in the Inn.

[​IMG]

“Go ahead and show your keys and state its your first meal, they’ll know what to do!”

As noticed from earlier, there were about a dozen different denizens at the tables lined up, mostly human or elvestri. There were a couple of other istiel there as well. Siren barmaids and male servers assisted the customers.

There was a free table along one of the walls that gave a nice view of the whole area that would work well for them, should they be interested in trying food first.

Sarene IC:
    ~Mur Qaotra, Othya~

Achelous would spot them just as Sarene was asking another NPC merchant about where to go. A man with a few large open crates of Bluefin Cove Fish for sale. At least, they certainly looked like the same ones they had caught not long ago.

One way or another they found themselves before the man, who grinned and motioned for his crate before Sarene shook her head and produced the sack of fish she caught from her inventory.

“We’re actually here to deliver from the cove?”

“Ah, from Neres’ volunteers. Got it! Go ahead and hand me those sacks, I’ll pay you for ‘em.”

Sure enough when they handed them over and they were each gifted with 6 Galena Coins for their trouble. At this point they were now completely free. The most rewarding and sometimes most frightening thing in the world.

“Well…uh, now what?” Sarene asked as if to emphasize that point.

“Do we go find some monsters to slay or something?”

Boar Wrangling
    ~Ukk’nash Plains, Drahkabor~

With his hands thrown out and body braced, the boar crashed into Yorr’s grip and while he slid back nearly a foot, he held and managed to then calmly turn and herd it after the others. That one went well, so that was four.

Now for the panicking one.

Moving quickly, he just barely managed to halt its path for where he wanted it to go instead, working out perfectly! His skills did not betray him. Nevertheless, as it joined, it briefly caused the others to start a ruckus before calming down.

They nearly all ran out again, but instead continued on course. It would not take long before a few NPC orkra ran out with some lassos and wrangled them the final way, leading them back to their camp not far away.

The Quest-Giver clapped his hands and bellowed out laughter and a challenge.

“SEE!? NOW THAT’S HOW IT IS DONE! FIRST ONE DONE WITH THE HUNT, HOW LONG WILL YOU OTHER YOUNGBLOODS TAKE!?”

Laughing a bit more before waving Yorr over, the Orkra tossed him some coins to catch. 5 Copper to be exact.

“A job well done, Youngblood. You got some potential there. Now how about another job that’ll lead you to far greater opportunities, huh?”

As the orkra spoke, Yorr Muarhmah would feel a slight buzz on the back of his neck. Something had appeared in his inventory as an additional reward…a sword due to his warrior class.

At long last, Yorr could equip himself with a weapon.

Tag: @Yorr Muarhmah

darthbernael and Vaarra Cudol like this.
  17. Zarithea Netherward

Mar 28, 2021

The rather cheery innkeeper, despite her first impression, offered the pair two keys, explaining they would have the rooms three and seven. Zarithea inclined her head respectfully and took the key with the number three on it. She smiled at both her friend and the human lady. "Our appreciation."

The istiel looked to where she was motioned to and took in the chairs and all those already eating. Her stomach gave a quiet rumble, reminding her she still hadn't eaten in a long time. Eating in this game world would be a curious experience and one she was looking forward to trying out. Holding out her hand, she nodded to Vaarra.

"Shall we feast?"

Zarithea walked with Vaarra, all to eager to sit and help herself to some food. She directed herself to a server, holding her key aloft for proof. "Greetings! We just purchased rooms and we are interested in getting our first meal here."

18. Vaarra Cudol

Mar 28, 2021
    IC: Vaarra Cudol

Vaarra reached into the pouch, felt the coins, and pulled out two of them. She handed them to the innkeeper, receiving her key, to room seven. She glanced at Zarithea, ”Oh yes, I need food before sleep.” And then took Zarithea’s hand in hers to walk into the tavern area.

She bounced the key against her palm as they walked down the green carpet into the tavern part of the inn. When they reached the tables, she thought about hugging the wall but Zarithea beside her kept her from doing so. Humans and elvestri were most of what she saw there. Most of them were sitting quietly and calmly, ignoring each other. The few, mostly istiel, that acknowledged them she raised a hand in greeting, in return. Which encouraged her to be less standoffish.

It wasn’t long before one of the siren wait staff came over to ask for what they would like.

”Whatever the special of the house is and,” something stirred in her mind, suggesting that water in such a time period was unsafe to drink, ”and a drink, please.”

She held up the key, following Zarithea’s lead, to ensure she got the first free meal of the stay.

Glancing around, she looked at the tables until she noticed an empty section, one that let her keep an eye on the entire space. Looking at Zarithea, nodding at those tables, she walked over to it. Finding a part of it closest to the wall, that her back could be to the wall, she sat down.

Her stomach grumbled even more, as they waited for the food to arrive, ”Hope this means we can get to bed on full stomachs.”

darthbernael and Darth_Elu like this.
  19. Achelous

Achelous Jedi Padawan

Mar 27, 2021
    ~Mur Qaotra, Othya~

I am not really sure who saw the stall first, me or Sarene from asking for directions, again. Once or twice was fine but looking a little first was also good. Sometimes I could go far out of my for directions when, just a little peak about was all that I needed to find where I needed to go. Never hurt to waste a little time when a little time could save a lot of time, well that and my male pride. Not that I would ever admit to that of course.

Either way we ended up at a man with a few large open crates of Bluefin Cove Fish for sale. The man thinking he had found more customers grinned and motioned to his crate before Sarene shook her head and produced the sack of fish she caught from her inventory. Keeping my trap shut at her show of non-verbal communication I followed her lead and produced my own bag of fish. This magical inventory system was rather amazing and easy to use. I just hoped there would be an in game explanation for such a thing.

Not to get me wrong, I preferred games with this mechanic, as those ones with weight limits were rather vexing - but a bag of holding or something was always nice to have a way of adding realism without having the mechanics crush you in the game.

We’re actually here to deliver from the cove?” she stated.

“Ah, from Neres’ volunteers. Got it! Go ahead and hand me those sacks, I’ll pay you for ‘em.”

Nodding I and she both handed them over. He paid us 6 Galena Coins for our trouble, a nice sum more than the grass work had although part of me was sad to see I didn't get a bonus for completely doing the mission like I had with just the first part. That had given me a weapon, this. . .this just gave me some coin. Which was good to have I'm sure, but still confusing. I am not sure if I will ever figure out this games whimsy.

Well…uh, now what?” Sarene asked as if to emphasize that point that we had completed what we had set out to do and the game had not dropped an anvil on our heads to tell us what to do next.

Do we go find some monsters to slay or something?

Shrugging I looked about scratching my chin, "You can if you want, I think I'll ask around for a job board or local monkery something." I couldn't help but smile at that. I hadn't even moved my hands to talk! I turned as I went to ask a guard or something where such things might be, after all I didn't want to ask the fish monger and get more fishing jobs as fun as that was.

20. Meek_LongEars

Meek_LongEars Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2021
    Meek Longears

Meek looked around; this was his time to shine, an opportunity he couldn't pass up; however, Meek couldn't shake a strong feeling. Meek felt pride in the squadron that he managed to manipulate and gather together; however, this pride was overshadowed by rage. How dare Meek's team trick him, of all people! Meek was the brains, the ring leader, the commander-in-chief! But Meek would have to deal with these feelings another time; for now, Meek snuck his way to the back of the Hutt and tried to enter that way.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  21. Zarithea Netherward

Mar 28, 2021

Zarithea saw Vaarra nod at a free table amongst the others and nodded in return. The two istiel walked to the table and took their seats with Zarithea on the opposite side as Vaarra. She looked about, smiling and feeling at ease here.

"Yes, I agree, my friend! It certainly has been a long day of traveling. I could use a comfy bed! I am sure we will have even more traveling tomorrow, we will need our rest."

Having said that, Lily within Zarithea did wonder about such a thing. Could you even sleep in here? Everything had been so life-like, what couldn't you do?

Zarithea gave a friendly smile to Vaarra.

"What do you say? Shall we explore the city proper in the morning?"

Vaarra Cudol and Darth_Elu like this.
  22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Boom! An update out of nowhere! :)

Starry Skies Inn

~Auratori, Othya~

It would not be too long of a wait before a servant came about delivering the two istiel ladies their first meal of this world.

With a cheerful bid of “Enjoy!” they were left to their own to partake as they wished. The rest of the patrons still merely keeping to themselves for the time being. Nothing immediately jumping out at them. So far, it certainly seemed like Odyssey of Fantasy wanted a player to really explore to figure out that which they wished to know. Not much was jumping out at them for free.

An intriguing line of thought.

Nevertheless, there was an immediate concern to deal with! The food!

One bite and they would find themselves in bli—

Wait a moment.

A few more bites. A few sips.

Hm.

Water tasted just like water, it was absolutely miraculous in such an environment! How was that even accomplished!?

And yet…yet…

Everything else was…strangely bland. There was a slight sensation of sweet, sour, salty, savory, or bitter to anything to be registered under such basic designations yet that was it. Almost no taste at all! The texture was there correctly. But the flavor was…sorely lacking. The first failure of the game discovered! …Or was it simply too much to ask for to begin with?

Questions to ponder or something to shrug off with a sigh, either way it was what it was.

But what was to come next for Zarithea and Vaarra? Now that was yet to be firmly decided.

Sarene & Guard IC:
    ~Mur Qaotra, Othya~

With the matter of the fish finally behind them, Sarene and Achelous found themselves at a bit of a loss at what to do next. One would suppose that was somewhat natural when finding themselves in a new city, if not exactly in this way.

Giggling a little at Achelous’ comment, Sarene shook her head slightly and shrugged.

“Oh, I think I’ll wait to hear the results of a possible job board first. I get the sense there’s not too many monsters in the city anyway.”

She grinned while following along behind him as he searched out for a guard. It didn’t take long as there were a couple patrolling through the dockside market not far away.

The elvestri man raised his eyebrows questioningly as they approached. When asked, he would nod curtly and point toward an area deeper in the city.

“Adventurers then? You’ll want to follow that street there to find the local job board. That should be a good place to start, you can’t miss it. It stands out.”

When they followed his directions, they would find out that he was quite right. The board was about fifteen feet tall and plastered all over with glowing letters regarding this job or that. Amazingly there were no papers or anything pinned to it. It was all magical.

Across the street was a building that had a sign that read ‘Board Registration’, the answers regarding that probably resided in there if one was curious enough. But otherwise, there were a few jobs to pick from.

The three that stood out were:

Lost Cat - Will Reward If Found! (It detailed contact information and a notice to head inside the Board Registration building if further details — like the cat’s description — were desired)

Extra Coastal Patrols Needed! (It detailed directions to find the Port Authority back at the docks to inquire for more information)

Farm Menace - Eradicators Required! (It detailed information about local wildlife giving trouble to a farm not far from the city and their calls for aid in the matter; further information would be required at the Southern Gatehouse it stated)

“Hm. Quite the assortment,” Sarene mused while staring at the board for a while. “What do you think we should do?”

Master Novis’ Hut
    ~Woods of Sanctuary, Atra Zarryn~

Given Tahnu’s complete distraction due to Eray’s efforts, Meek would sneak into the hut with no issue. A quick glance around would show that it was just as small inside as it looked outside.

In one corner there was a bed crammed into it, opposite of that was another bed. Tahnu and Master Novis’ no doubt. There was a currently lit fireplace on one side that had a small cauldron bubbling over it, something the ol’ mage had likely been tending to before recent events had transpired. A large table dominated the center of the space, though it was mostly empty save for a few pieces of wood and herbal leaves. A mortar and pestle was also in evidence.

Off to the side there was also a writing desk that had a few colorful books stacked on it and a small pouch that looked full, just barely seen glinting from the top was the undeniable sign of coins. Money. Ripe for the picking! There was also a fine, flawless crystal in a teardrop shape next to the pouch.

Anything else he wouldn’t have time to properly focus on. As the healer had stated a couple minutes ago, he simply wouldn’t have the time to be completely thorough.

It was time to decide what he wanted to do in here.

23. Shao Kang

Shao Kang Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2021
    A fun combo with our awesome GM :)

~~~~~~~

Norkahn River Area
    ~Drahkabor~

It didn’t take long.

It didn’t take long for Kang to catch the deer’s attention that is. As he tried to sneak around, the animal stirred and its head raised, staring straight at him before he could even get all the way around it. Let alone get into position.

There was a tense stare down, where everyone held their breath, then the deer was bolting up and getting ready to shoot off and away from them.

Tyson, from where he stood grimaced, and yelled out as secrecy had already been lost and Kang was still closer than he was.

“Magic, kung fu, or something! Think fast!”

His body tensed up, his mind quickly going over the scenario and what would help best in this swiftly evolving situation just incase his companion couldn’t think of a suitably quick reaction.

If Kang was going to react fast enough, his time was dwindling rapidly as the deer was already on all four legs and aimed like a bullet fired from a gun.

There was no time to think, none at all. Kang simply reacted as only Kang would. Interestingly enough, if he did hear Tyson, he would find that they were both 'thinking' along very similar lines.

Instinct had taken over as Kang focused and surged his Qi to enhance his speed and agility, even as he launched himself at the deer. He fully expected to move at relativistic speeds, even if only for span of an 'eye blink', as long as he could take down the deer in a smooth tackle and hold fast long enough for Tyson to collect his prize.

Even as he moved, Kang was vaguely aware of the excited grin he wore on his face.

This was the kind of adventure that made him feel truly alive.

With the utilization of his inner Qi as a monk, Kang would realize in that moment or perhaps in retrospect a few seconds later that he truly felt it. What would Qi feel like in such a fantasy world with all its amazing enhancing properties? The sensation of feeling. Of 'grasping.' Of channeling. Of empowering.

Kang did it instinctively, but because of his class and skills it reacted flawlessly to his wishes.

The deer was shooting out like a only a desperate animal could and one knows how quickly such graceful creatures could dash. Awe-inspiring to humans who only wish they could move so well, when they really got going. And this deer was just hitting full speed despite Kang and Tyson's wishes.

Yet Kang, woefully late at first had decided on his Qi.

He had become a bullet.

In almost no time, he found himself upon the deer, likely far faster than anticipated...the deer actually froze in mid-run due to panic...and then the human monk's arms were wrapping around the creature and wrestling it down to the ground, sliding another eight feet or so from momentum. It would struggle and put up a good fight, especially since Kang hadn't been thinking of his strength.

Thankfully, Tyson was quickly running up with a little gleam in his eye and wrestling the deer down further before finally saying:

"Thank you, Kang. I think I got him now."

Sure enough, it disappeared in seconds and into the Paladin's inventory. Sitting down for a moment with a smile on his face, Tyson looked at his companion and gauging his reactions.

"Well? How does it feel to be a monk in Korr Avana?"

Kang remained laying on the ground, catching his breath, his eyes wide as he chuckled to himself.

"Wow....that was wild." He exclaimed in amazement, still basking in the moment. The use of Qi had been insanely exhilarating, more than he could have ever imagined.

The young monk smiled as he turned his gaze towards Tyson, who'd just finished collecting the deer they had caught together, placing it smoothly into his inventory. In quick retrospect, in the back of his mind, Kang made a note to augment his strength as well, for next time.

"Being a monk in Korr Avana..." He echoed, playing back the moment the jolt of power sent him into agility overdrive.

"Totally unreal, beyond anything I've experienced..." he said now sobering just a little, just as he was now getting up and dusting off the gear he wore.

"I can't wait to...uh....discover my full potential." Kang blushed a little, silently thankful he'd avoided using very technical terms and broken being in 'character'. Oh, he couldn't wait to take a real look at the monk's skill and ability tree, and what builds and stats were available to him, especially after that particular demonstration.

"Guess I can actually become Kang of the Mountain after all." The monk admitted, chuckling and rubbing the back of his neck. His mind was beginning to go places ahead of itself, as usual. To bring himself back to the moment, Kang swiveled his head looking around.

"Guess we should collect some of those flowers, huh?"

It was a statement more than a question, but one to mask his overflowing excitement. He didn't want to geek completely out in front of a total stranger, though he suspected Tyson probably wouldn't mind. Heck, they were both participating in the most amazing virtual game the world had ever seen, that had to count for something.

"So, what class are you maining?" Kang asked, completely not realizing he had just spoken out of character without meaning to.

Chuckling, Tyson nodded along with Kang's enthusiasm. Pretending not to notice his blushing embarrassment and slight awkwardness. But the praise was a gift, one that he readily if secretly, accepted.

"Yes, indeed...That one manhwa with 'Kang of the Mountain.' That's what you are referencing, yes? I have heard it was good. If you wish to become that character, this would be the place."

With a wink and then promptly standing back up and brushing himself off after the monk's statement about the flowers, he nodded toward the trees that had only a few people now prowling them. Those who had chased deer first, like themselves. The majority had gone for the easy pickings first, so it wasn't so crowded now.

"I don't think this part will be so hard or take too long. Let's go."

Sure enough, he spied a grouping of the Haranna Flowers not far off indeed.

At the monks next question, he tilted his head with a smile, debating on being coy for a moment but decided not to in the end.

"It was a hard choice to make for me, but in the end...Paladin. Wielding magic in this world..." Tyson caught himself with a mental warning, "...is probably awe-inspiring. But the romanticism of the sword cannot be denied. So I chose the marriage of the two!"

Tyson let out a laugh.

Kang found himself laughing along his new friend, enjoying the moment, the thrill of experiencing such an amazing world. In the back of his mind, Kang was grateful that he was able to meet someone so helpful early on. Encountering ‘trolls’ so massively discouraging for him, and as of yet, he had no idea what the PvP situation was like. No use focusing on that now, though- best to face one challenge at a time.

Following Tyson’s gaze, Kang also spied the Haranna Flowers; which caused him to smile wide.

“Hello there.” He said, imitating a certain movie character.

The monk went about collecting the flowers in question without hesitation or interference from other gamers. This particular spawn point had not been spotted by the others, making it easy for him to collect the necessary amount to bring back to the quest giver as well as keep a portion for himself to sell and trade at the market.

With the flowers and deer now secured in his inventory, Kang was ready to return to the Quest Giver and move on to the next phase of the day. He gave a ‘Thumbs Up’ to the Paladin, wordlessly confirming he was done foraging.

“Race you!”

Kang called out to Tyson and laughed with excitement, even as he leaned forward and set himself into a steady run back to camp.

24. Achelous

Achelous Jedi Padawan

Mar 27, 2021
    ~Mur Qaotra, Othya~

With the completion of the fish delivery quest, I have to admit it, I was disappointed. Not because of anything wrong with the game, I just had gotten a cool new weapon for basically cutting and now I got some measly money. I'm sure it's important, but in the moment it was definitely a moment of 'oh'. Sarene and I headed out, well after she giggled at me.

By the gaming genies of wish-dom how long had it been since I had heard a woman do that? Because of me? Never mind her looking like, well like that! Either I was getting old, or this game just redeemed itself. And then some.

Oh, I think I’ll wait to hear the results of a possible job board first. I get the sense there’s not too many monsters in the city anyway.” She grinned while following along behind me, yes I was checking over my shoulder not to look around but to look at her. I really am a hopeless corporate pigeon sometimes. *Sigh* Luckily I was saved from myself as we found a couple guards patrolling.

The elvestri man raised his eyebrows questioningly as we approached. Nice touch, better than a lot of games, but at this point I have to admit I was starting to expect that. Asking our question, he nodded curtly and point toward an area deeper in the city.

Adventurers then? You’ll want to follow that street there to find the local job board. That should be a good place to start, you can’t miss it. It stands out.

Quickly following his directions which we found most helpful, we found the board was about fifteen feet tall and plastered all over with glowing letters regarding this job or that. Amazingly there were no papers or anything pinned to it. It was all magical. Another beautiful touch, not that either of us knew what to do with them.

Across the street was a building that had a sign that read ‘Board Registration’. A bit on the nose, but seemed an easy enough way to show you look and go there to choose the 'quest'.

Looking at the board there was not much that really stood out to me. The three that stood out were:

Lost Cat - Will Reward If Found! (It detailed contact information and a notice to head inside the Board Registration building if further details — like the cat’s description — were desired)

Extra Coastal Patrols Needed! (It detailed directions to find the Port Authority back at the docks to inquire for more information)

Farm Menace - Eradicators Required! (It detailed information about local wildlife giving trouble to a farm not far from the city and their calls for aid in the matter; further information would be required at the Southern Gatehouse it stated)

Hm. Quite the assortment,” Sarene mused while staring at the board for a while. “What do you think we should do?

"Well, it seems we have the basic quest lines. Cat would be city exploration and map orientation? Maybe, maybe local city do gooder quest line? Huh, and Coastal Patrols would be the military quest line. Farm Menace, that has to be the basic murder hobo player line. I guess the question is what you want to do with your game experience?" Looking at it, and trying to pick, I came to conclusion that this likely was where we would part ways. Three doors, and I had no idea what she would pick. I had to pick first. Otherwise I would be the creep that seemed like he was tailing the girl to ogle her during gameplay.

"Honestly, I think I'll go with the Coastal Patrol, stop in for the cat quest just in case I run across it. But swimming and time where I can sing and swim sound unnaturally good at the moment." I finished with little bit of a smirk. Proud of myself for choosing and being honest.

25. Vaarra Cudol

Mar 28, 2021
    IC Vaarra Cudol
    Inn Dining Room, ~Auratori, Othya~

The meal was seemingly normal but it was also surreal. Vaarra had conflicting feelings as she ate. A part of her seemed to find the process and the meal itself odd, flat, at least the food. It was filling and, while it had touches of flavor, it seemed mostly like bland oats, in its taste. The textures were there but the taste, she had to down glass after glass of water just to get through the meal in its entirety.

She glanced at Zarithea, ”I don’t know if it is just this inn or the entire city but does the food seem bland to you?”

Finishing her food, she sat back, still looking over the inn, at all the others that were in the dining room. With a sigh she swiftly had to raise her arm to cover her yawn. Tiredness was beginning to overcome her. It had been a busy day already and they had much before them. One more glance at Zarithea, ”I think I’m going to turn in for the night. In the morning, explore the city more?”

She took out her key, letting it roll over and through her fingers, the Seven on it glinting as it did, as she waited for Zarithea to respond.

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.