main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 The merch thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , May 18, 2022.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, my group all got them. We're all set.

2. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    Good news.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  3. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  4. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    There it is.

5. jedigandy7

jedigandy7 Jedi Master

Sep 26, 2004
    I am not going to be able to go to Celebration this time around. Anyone attending that would be able to snag an exclusive item for me? I will pay all expenses up front! DM me if you can. Thanks!

6. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Just finished with the store. I was about the 100th person in line at 615 and about 75 behind me when they us in.
    They limited the pops to one each.
    The 3 book set was gone when I got there but they said they were going to restock later. They only had a small table for them and someone I talked to said they only had about 30 sets out when they grabbed theirs. Checkout took about 20 min.
    The pin collectors had a separate area to get pins so they are not at checkout like Chicago

Temp77 and star_wars_is_good like this.
  7. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I’m currently in line waiting to pay at the Store. I had a dinner reservation at Goofy’s Kitchen at 6:30 so couldn’t get here till after 8pm.

The line to pay must be at least 20 minutes long but after spending practically the whole day just waiting to get into the Store on the first day in Chicago, this is nothing!!

JonSB likes this.
  8. Temp77

Mar 22, 2019
    It ended up taking around 45 minutes to pay which was still much better than Chicago! I saw some people trying to buy multiple pops and one guy must have had 5 of the book sets at the till!

JonSB likes this.
  9. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    You guys are lucky, are you all VIP's? I wonder who snatched up the books? I would've wanted a set too. hope they have enough for tomarrow and the rest of Cele. hope they can keep the supply up. glad you had fun!

10. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Man that's frustrating people are like that. Was the guy able to buy 5 book sets or did they limit him to one?

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  12. Temp77

Mar 22, 2019
    I couldn’t tell whether he was allowed to purchase them or not. They definitely took the multiple Funko pops off him but the books stayed at the till so he may have been allowed to purchase the books.

Ginkasa likes this.
  13. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I'm glad the checkout people are watching for the greedy! I saw one of the book sets for sale on E-bey last night for, I think,$500!

14. eastbayrudy

eastbayrudy Jedi Padawan

Mar 21, 2022
    This would all end if they just made more smh

15. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    That is true and put limits on certain items so everyone can have a chance to buy. Does anyone know how much the book set cost? or the ABC throw?

16. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I didn’t even try to go near the celebration store today. They told me at will call on Wednesday afternoon that someone at the front of the line should help me get to talk to someone about getting the merchandise they didn’t ship to me. I might try tomorrow after my photo op and autographs.

17. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I just went to the store 15 min ago....omg.....what a difference from going in We'd night. The line to checkout wrapped around the store and very little on the shelves.
    I only went to see where I could get my preorder book. There is a little stand up table against the wall near the book area with a blue banner above it with indicating preorder pickup. I was given the book after I showed my receipt but I don't think she looked at it and she didn't take any info so really trusting or they don't have a system setup to verify. I was in and out since I had VIP.
    Edit:. Someone mentioned that they brought the item from the store floor to the register and told them they didn't receive that item and showed their receipt and they were not charged.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  18. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Brent, I hope you are able to get your missing things! I wonder why they weren't sent to you? there's no excuse for you not to get the items and an apology!

19. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I spent a few seconds looking at the Mission Fleet display and got pounced on by two of the Hasbro reps at the booth asking if I collected that line and talking it up. I didn’t want to say that they’re always the things that pegwarm in stores.

20. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    Anyone know what the process is like to get into the store in the morning? Planning on lining up in hall E at 6am and then going to the store as soon as they let people in.

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    At least try to get a reservation.

22. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I hit the store yesterday afternoon, mostly to find someone who could help me get my missing preorder shirt. There was no line getting in but the checkout line snaked through the entire store. My guess is that was at least a two hour line. The entire store had also been ransacked by then and very hard to find things. I managed to find the exit, talk to a cashier and showed her my receipt and then had to go find the right sized shirt which involved “a magic door”. I finally was able to get my shirt and I bought nothing else in there.

JonSB and LAJ_FETT like this.
  23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Glad you got your shirt!

24. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Did anyone see what Hallmark was selling?

25. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    Is there anyone at Celebration who would be willing to pick me up a couple of the shirts from the Celebration Store? I can pay in full upfront. If anyone’s interested, please DM me. Thank you!