main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO **The New Banner Discusion** Feed back desired

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by quigon_brian, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    After a year and a half, it's time to say goodbye to the gorgeous banner we have all come to know and love.

I think we should pick the new one the same way we picked the current one. Have everybody that wants to make a banner, adholders, etc. and then we vote.

In this thread, everyone should give input on what they would like to see (any specific characters, images, color scheme, design, etc.).

What date should we set for it to be done by?
    I'm thinking late November because if it's later than that, I'll have one more thing to do instead of studying for finals.

ps. I should have the Cards one done tomorrow. It won't be that great, but do we want to put it up for the rest of the series and then for a week or so after if we win?

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I will make a banner also, I haven't made one in a while. :D

3. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I'll have to see other banners to see how they're usually set up.I don't understand the backround image thing.... Oh well.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah for banners. I think I'll sit back and let the rest of you do the work ;)

Hows the card's one looking?

Also, I think it'd be cool to toss a couple of our images amoung the Star Wars and StL ones. Feel free to look at the ones on my photobucket site. Just be sure to ask the person premission to use their picture.

5. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    I have an idea!

You know how at the end of ROTJ X-wings flew through the sky with fireworks!?

Maybe have that merged with an image of the Arch?

That would be cool!

6. Master_Nawibo_Ibonek

Master_Nawibo_Ibonek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    That would be cool!
    Maybe a couple of those seens like on Courasant an arch were the statue of the Emporer was, Bespin an arch over the city itself as well as fireworks in the sky,
    Great idea Ben

7. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    You know how at the end of ROTJ X-wings flew through the sky with fireworks!?

Maybe have that merged with an image of the Arch?

That would be cool!

And I'M not nice...... ;)

8. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I just gotta throw in that I like the dramatic, darker color schemes.
    /What about my needs?!

9. Master_Nawibo_Ibonek

Oct 23, 2004
    You always have to have a dark scene that's star wars.
    Besides they can imput about 5 different scenes.

10. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    What about my needs?!

I'm sure I could fill your needs... ;)

...Assuming I knew how to use Photoshop well...

11. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    If memory serves me I think the x-wings through the arch was an idea that got shot down the first time through, oh well, newer crowd.

And E, what is with the "/" You give the impression you play MMO's or something.

12. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    Maybe a couple of those seens like on Courasant an arch were the statue of the Emporer was, Bespin an arch over the city itself as well as fireworks in the sky

go ahead and find images of the arch where the lighting properly matches the lighting in the scenes at the end of RotJ.

I like the idea, but that would be really time consuming to do well, and I don't like to do anything half-***ed (I don't want to get in trouble again :p)

and I'm not planning on finishing the cards one. if we win tomorrow, I might go back to it, but I don't want to waste any more of my time on it. in case you guys can't tell, I'm very dissapointed.

13. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Oh, the "/"s are just standard notation on most message boards. Just indicates an aside or action of some sort, usually.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We all are Bri, we all are.

15. Master_Nawibo_Ibonek

Oct 23, 2004
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I've got a very good idea, but I am not going to post it here, I'm keeping it a secret for now... :D

I might be going with the darker themes... ;) I'm listening -E-.

Also, I'm making my own starfighter pics and such.

I was wondering if we could use pics from the parties and such. That would be awesome! I will ask if I do decide to use them.

17. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    Okay since Dajaun said she's going to sit back and let us take care of this one, I figured I'd lay out some rules and regulations for this.

Deadline: 11:59 pm November 30
    Anything posted after this will not be considered. It doesn't matter if it's posted at 12:00 or 12:01. You've got to set deadlines for this sort of this, so that's it. We've all got a month, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Hosting: Don't put your banner up on Geocities or any place that doesn't allow direct image linking. If you don't have a real host, send it to me (or possibly Jon, I don't want to speak for him though), and we will post it for you.

Image: Post it as one giant image, and if it wins, we can cut it up from there. Also, don't make the file size too big. Compress it the best you can without losing noticible image quality.

Voting: I think that voting should be done by e-mail. Unless Dajuan has any objections, I think votes should be sent in to her between December 1st and 7th. That will give us a week to discuss them and think about which one we want. I also think that only people that have more than a certain number of posts in the St. Louis forum should be allowed to vote so that there's no socks or outsiders coming in and throwing in their two cents.

None of this is written in stone by any mean, I just figured it would be good to lay some ground rules. Feel free to discuss them and we can make changes if people have a problem with anything.

Good luck and may the best banner win.

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The technical side of things I know nothing about, but the rest of the rules sound good. I'm fine with taking the votes via email or PM. What post count do you suggest we use and should we take reg date into count too. I.e. a person can spam the place up with a Nov 04 date or some of our older members are lurkers who don't post much.

19. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'll host stuff if need be.

20. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Would Photobucket.Com work for the image hosting?

Also, do we also have to do the sidebars and adholders? (I personally think the adholders should stay. They're awesome. ;) )

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Side bar yeah, ad holders it doesn't matter. You could always change them a little to match your banner a little better.

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    OK. One more thing:

Does the banner need a background, as well as a foreground? (Like on the examples you sent me Dajuan.)

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Um... I think I'll let Brian field that one.

24. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    Basically, the banner is broken up into four images: sidebar, curve, banner, and background. You can copy all the parts of the current banner except for the background because of the way the page is coded. It's the same size as the banner image though, so it's basically just two of those side by side.

If the adholders go with whatever banner wins, we can keep them (I really like them), but if they don't go well with it, we'll take them down. Also, please don't use my sidebar or any other part of my banner. Feel free to use any of the same images I did, but don't like cut a part of mine and use it in a new one. Just make one from scratch.

25. MiracleMets22

MiracleMets22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    What about the Boston Red Sox banner? Or did I miss that one?

Red Sox: The enemy of my enemy is my friend

Go Mets, Go Sox
    lol

Our new banner needs to be very Imperial-centric....no Rebel scum!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.