main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Personally, I think it makes more sense for Palps to have used Clones to create "heirs", so to speak. There's definitely a precedent for him to use clones to further his means to an end.

Not to go off topic but just to play devil's advocate, would the Jedi have been nearly wiped out if Anakin had been completely rejected by the council? No Anakin = no Vader = no purge of the Jedi, at least not in the way we saw it on screen. In the end, I'm not saying the Jedi were correct in all of their rules, but I'm not necessarily convinced that all of their rules were incorrect either.

While it may be true that it was their intent to off Snoke all along and use Palps as the overall baddy, that doesn't mean it was a good decision. Honestly, I would have preferred to have had a new villain in Snoke rather than resurrect the Emperor. But maybe that's just me.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    RokurGepta likes this.
  2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I mean everything seems very off about Rey taking the name. Tatooine/Lars Homestead, Skywalker name, continuing the Jedi that is all honoring Luke and only Luke no one else. The bum that Rey never got along with while Leia seems to get the shaft. As someone said her taking the name in terms of Leia makes it about blood.....

are we supposed to buy that she got so close to force ghost Luke between movies than she chooses his name? lol. How nice she sees dead people and gets close to them to the point of using their name/legacy over your own. I think Luke before or after he died should have said something to Rey too besides her sensing his death and that's it.

3. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    Shmi was a twin and Plapy force-impregnated both of them. Or she was a clone. Or she did not notice Anakin was a twin. Or Plapy didn't notice he was a twin.
    Don't worry, we can totally explain this.

wobbits, starocean90 and cwustudent like this.
  4. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    People change their names to the ghosts that haunt them and teach them magic all the time. It's almost a trope at this point.

Oryx-I, wobbits, Aiel and 6 others like this.
  5. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Not to mentioned Lucas ended ROTS with the Lars' looking at the twin suns. It's been done as an ending already, and we've had Luke staring at twin suns twice now...Just stop! The twin suns hold no significance to Rey. She didn't grow up on Tatooine. Do something else JJ.

6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    except when the magic is being taught by the sister of the ghost.
    I think I'll declare her Schizophrenic, lol.

Luke: "I'm proud of you, Rey."
    Rey: "What's that? take my name you say. Okay how nice of you to offer."
    Finn and Poe: "Hey Poe, who is she talking to........"

cwustudent likes this.
  7. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Jawas overtook the homestead. Rey Skywalker will adopt Broom Boy, and he will use his broom to shoo Jawas away. Ootini!

8. tymaux

tymaux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 21, 2019
    If that was always the plan why they had to reveal Palpatine in trailer? If your story works you don't need to reveal plot twist in promo campaign.

ChildOfWinds and starocean90 like this.
  9. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    lol whenever I see cwustudent post I always imagine a cartoon palpy taking a sip after it :p
    Cliegg's brothers grandsons now own it.

EP IX ends on a cliff hanger

BATTLE FOR THE HOMESTEAD.

10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    [face_laugh]
    the Broom Boy set up seems pretty pointless unless Luke inspires Child Soldiers.[face_devil]

I mean we are seeing Ewoks might as well show us what the Jawas are up too.
    "Welcome to Othini's Mechanical Paradise"

11. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    He'll turn his broom into a lightsaber. :p

cwustudent and starocean90 like this.
  12. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Ugh let's dive into more pedantry. For the record, it wasn't that serious of a post.

But sure, the title leads to speculation of who the Skywalker is that's rising. In the film, surprise! Rey is a Palpatine! Not her. And then it ends with Surprise! Rey is the Skywalker Rising after all!

13. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Rey: Nobody lives here?
    someone: No, this is owned by Walt Disney World®. You need a ticket to visit this place. We call it......... Galaxy's Edge

Oryx-I, Lord Exor and starocean90 like this.
  14. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Btw, Broom Boy isn't a nickname. Its his real name. Broomboy Skywalker.

15. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Episode X: "What? Oh, the uniform. I'm Broom Skywalker! I'm here to rescue you. I've got your BB unit. I'm here with Ben Solo. Come on!"

Edit:
    [face_coffee]:emperor:

DarthTalgus and starocean90 like this.
  16. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Haha Broomboy is a slave and probably needs a name after all. He's got as much reason to call himself that as Rey.

17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I think its' very hard for the title to not have anything to do with Rey. It's her story, last movie and every title was about her in same way.

The Legend of Luke Skywalker=YAWN

Now Broomboy is where Legends are born, the force is strong with this one.
    Rey will adopt like 20+ kids and name them all Skywalker, one big happy family.

I bet you Broomboy will be in IX as someone who's cleaning the Palps's throne room (infiltration) while Rey and Kylo are there and he'll strike the killing blow to Palps.

Missread the prophecy may have been....

18. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    Any big honoring of Luke feels schizophrenic at this point. I mean, first step: make the character unworthy of being honored, second step: wrap it all with a neat little meta-bow on his supposed great legacy. That Rey Palpatine will actually build.

To me that would be making Anakin a Jedi Master and finally giving him a seat on that damn council after he fell and slaughtered half the temple.

Calling any future Jedi "Skywalkers" or having that as an honorary title would feel even more ridiculous to me. The Caesar example doesn`t work for me because even he took Caesar as a title, it wasn`t his name, which he kept also, so he started a tradition. Comparable to SW, that would apply for the first dude who came up with the name Jedi and others kept it to honor him maybe. More importantly, Caesar did build his own legacy. It wasn`t like he failed, then his nephew Octavian (who also renamed himself) accomplished everything and then future leaders still called themselves Caesar regardless. Octavian/Augustus did have accomplishments and his own legacy, separate from Caesar`s.

Everything is more or less intended to work as a meta-narrative. Which I would be fine with IF it worked as just a narrative first. Don`t put the cart before the meta.

2Cleva, wobbits, Aiel and 9 others like this.
  19. tymaux

tymaux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 21, 2019
    Ray being rejected by her family, being embraced by Skywalkers, developing deep relationship with Luke and then taking Skywaker name to honor him once Kylo Ren dies so Skywalker name won't disappear could have been great story. Luke could also be concerned that his family name will disappear.

So Rey becomes Skywalker because she deserves it. It would feel like some sort of recognition of her value and culmination of her relationship with Luke.

But you needed completely different E8 for this to work. The whole philosophy that family name is not important had to be rejected. Family name in this version of the story would be the most important thing.

But now together TLJ and TROS are thematical mess. They don't even know what they want to say with the story.

Or just make her Skywalker in E7 and be done with it. The main character in Skywalker saga has to Skywalker.

20. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    So, between this TV spot dropping and that cropped leak of a supposed poster, do we think something's starting to happen?

I would have ventured late October for trailer 2, but maybe they're building to an early-October release? *Shrugs*

Normally all of this stuff kinda hits at once over a week or two, then nothing again.

21. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    there is triple force event this friday so there is rumor they will show something TROS related by i doubt it would be full blown trailer

Rodie likes this.
  22. NOTJEDIMATERIAL

NOTJEDIMATERIAL Jedi Knight star 3

May 3, 2018
    The next film will have Rey turn into full palps and evil Queen, and broom boy will have become the new Skywalker to take her out!!

23. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    I thought of another red herring that I want to share - Rey's arc caring about and yearning for her long lost parents is a red herring for Rey disrespecting the parents that died for her by naming herself after a dead stranger that she didn't get along with.

24. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Not this Friday.

Next Friday on October 4th

25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    No goofball, the next film will be about Snoke's legs being paired with a new body on top and finding out that the legs conceived children.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.