main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strategize

Strategize Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2017
    Something might not appeal to you on paper. But then you see it and find out it's not as bad when you watch it, or it could be even worse than it sounds on paper.

I won't criticize something that looks like it doesn't appeal to me, I just won't watch it. You might say that's a form of criticism in of itself, but it's more a criticism of the marketing (or in this case leaks with no context) than the actual full finished product of a film.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  2. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Well, I love SW so this trilogy interests me as part of the franchise. And it offers absolutely nothing that I want to see, so there we are. You can’t slap the SW title on stories I wouldn’t ever watch in any other context and expect me to be guilted into watching just because it’s SW. I’m gonna see it eventually, but I know seeing it won’t suddenly make me enjoy the Skywalkers being trashed or swoon at gross Nazi love.

3. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Oops: lag, thought was in Haters. Deleting an honest, unfiltered post.

4. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    I remember two years ago when people legit saw TLJ and the litmus test to prove if it was a fake was "Tell us what's in the opening trailer" and nobody could remember it whether they saw it or not. Even to this day, I still can't remember what the opening crawl was to TLJ unless I looked it up.

This one is certainly memorable, at least.

5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    so everyone gets love but Hux? Why does one Fascist dictator gets romance over another?

6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    Hux should just change his last name to Skywalker.

7. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Are you talking about ethnic cleansing here?

8. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Hux has a better, more sympathetic back story too. And personally, I think he’s cuter.

9. Strategize

Strategize Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2017
    "I know seeing it won't"

But you don't know that...because you haven't seen it. Unless you're admitting you want to hate this, therefore you will work to hate this regardless if the film actually makes you hate it or not.

If nothing at all you've seen interests you, then don't see it. If you're only seeing it because it's Star Wars then the marketing has still done it's job regardless. The point remains, you cannot judge something before you see it. You can judge these word documents and these screenshots with no context, but not the film.

10. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    The first review from someone who says they were a projectionist during the film has shared their review. Everything was exactly as Paxis said. The kiss is given by Rey to Ben after he brings her back to life. She sees what he did and that he's dying, so she kisses him, and lies there smiling and crying while be becomes a force ghost.

https://www.reddit.com/user/rulssi

11. Kantz

Kantz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2015
    TFA's leaks sounded horrible as well. So many people couldn't believe that Luke didn't even speak in the film. You can't really tell until you watch it.

12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    should have done a "I'm Spartacus Skywalker." scene.

Palpatine will tell Rey is real name is Sheev Skywalker. Rise of Skywalker.

13. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    !!!!!!

14. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    What on earth does his looks have to do with anything?

RiddleMeThis likes this.
  15. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    No I absolutely know. I know my taste and I know the movies and stories I do and don’t enjoy. My goodness the conceit of trying to tell people they simply can’t have opinions in this fandom blows me away. I don’t find satisfaction in depressing subversion that destroys the foundation for the story. I don’t like the happy ending of RotJ being decimated. I don’t like Nazi love. I’ve seen two movies of Reylo already. I know in any romantic context, they turn my stomach physically. I know that I DGAS about Kylo’s redemption. I know I feel no satisfaction in it. I don’t feel the narrative has built to that or made me want it. These are all valid opinions and they ain’t changing with weird attempts to shame me for judging a story based on its actual story. I absolutely can do that.

and no, the marketing hasn’t worked. I’m seeing it for free. If I did pay, it would be because a crappy story is riding the coattails of someone else’s actually good story. The only reason the story of Reylo destroying the Skywalkers gets any butts in seats is the SW title they had nothing to do with making legendary.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well ****.

17. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    feel free to join us here: https://boards.theforce.net/threads/i-have-a-bad-feeling-about-this-the-haters-sanctuary.50052573/

Oryx-I, Def Trooper and 2Cleva like this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Nah.

RetropME, DarthPhilosopher and EHT like this.
  19. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    ^ The best plot twist since Empire Strikes Back.

20. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Yeah but this is the first time they logged in, in 7 years and they don't know the names of Zorri or Jannah.

21. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    To be fair, I have old Reddit and Twitter accounts. But I only use my newer ones.

But if I posted potentially illegal stuff like spoilers, I would use my older accounts. Since they’ll most likely get suspended because of it.

ami-padme and SevPrince like this.
  22. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Lol, holding on like he's Jack from Titanic.

RetropME likes this.
  23. JairC

JairC Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2019
    Thank you. Much appreciated. Didn’t realize the photos survived.

SevPrince likes this.
  24. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Anybody knows if JEdiPraxis has spoilers of season finale of The Mandalorian as well?

25. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Oops, this is not the haters thread. So I posted incorrectly, and deleted it. I will walk away from your strong term, because it didn't cross my mind, but the general idea of kicking people out of their homeland... just walking away from an intellectual property that some completely outside foreign entity has planted a flag in... I thought @Strategize was IN the haters thread and I was expecting a mod to swoop in at any minute. [face_talk_hand]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.