main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    Hey never notice it until I looked at your album but that is a SSD that has crash upside down the Falcon is flying through. [face_hypnotized]

Luke'sSeveredHand and dekaneas like this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Star Wars has always mirrored the large galactic events and struggles with the more personal story of the Skywalker family. The Fall of the Republic mirrors the fall of Anakin. The insignificant rebellion growing into the Rebel Alliance able to take on the mighty Imperial starfleet mirrors Luke starting out as a farmboy who grows into a mighty Jedi Knight able to confront the Emperor. So now we have Rey who desperately wants her uncle to solve her problems for her and this could mirror the New Republic not wanting to confront the First Order directly and instead relying on this resistance to fight a proxy war for them. So again both will need to step up and solve the problems themselves.

For the Rey it's accepting the lightsaber and confronting Kylo Ren. For the Republic perhaps it's Leia pledging her forces including the sledgehammer to the resistance cause against Republic authority. I'm just guessing of course.

TK327 likes this.
  3. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    I'll post this every time people freak about Finn and the lightsaber.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/star-wars-5-1200596276/

Original cast article has John Boyega as a Jedi, Adam Driver as a Vader-type character and Rey as the star. It has been 100% accurate since its original post date of April 29,2014. Nothing new. Finn = Jedi (but not until episode 8 when he gets trained)

Han Drolo, Satipo and Seeher like this.
  4. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    Excellent comment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

He's only a Jedi if Rose trains him. Rey is the one who takes the saber to Luke in the end.

6. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014

Quick observation.
    Kylo Ren's lightsaber only has the main saber ignited?

7. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I thought that, but I think it might just be the angle - i.e. the blade is side on.

sterling3763 and RyanForder like this.
  8. RyanForder

Mar 3, 2014

More than likely, would be cool if he could cut them off and ignite the sides when he decides.

Seeher likes this.
  9. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    That's not the speculation I read.

I read that Finn and Rey tag team against Ren after he passes the lightsaber, and they still fail.

10. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    Friends. What the poster was released?

11. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014

It is ignited it's just facing you. You can just barely see the angle.

RyanForder likes this.
  12. RyanForder

Mar 3, 2014

Yeah that's what i have read. I am just trying to be a bit more imaginative about the whole thing. Without the tiny details the main point i am trying to say is i believe Rey is trying to forget about her past and avoid her future whilst Finn is cocky and wants the saber instead even though he has no/minimum connection to the force.

Pure speculation before you jump on me again.

13. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    I don't get why this particular development means the door closes on his potential as a Jedi for you guys, even without Rose's character, it's likely Finn just doesn't follow Rey because he's as incapacitated as Luke was before Lando and Chewie go off to search for Han. But I overall get what you mean how it pertains to Finn/Rose.

14. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah, I think it's potentially set up very sweetly to have Luke & Rey and Rose & Finn as the start of the order moving forward (maybe even with some more by episode 8 already, who knows)?

15. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014

Finn is like the complete opposite of cocky from what we know based on MSW's reports. If anything he looks like he's feeling 1,000 emotions at once.

sterling3763 likes this.
  16. Vehgah

May 8, 2014
    OR the force compels him to use it.

Because let's be honest, right now Luke's saber is more closely associated with Finn than any other.

17. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Yea not cocky at all. He lacks confidence, which Han the mentor gives him.

Han Drolo likes this.
  18. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Apart from the info that states Ridley is the one to use it against Kylo at the end and then take the saber to Luke.

19. Vehgah

May 8, 2014
    I'm talking about if someone went into the story blind and all they had was concept art.

20. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
  21. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    Finn uses it the whole movie and relay's it to Rey at the climax during their duel with Kylo, she then finishes the Journey to Luke without Finn because he's hurt. That's how I see it anyway.

Still intrigued to see how Jim's stuff will play into the duel's outcome.

Remember Jimjamjim.

22. Vehgah

May 8, 2014
    dekaneas likes this.
  23. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    This looks to me like Finn (JB) is on wobbly footing and a thought occurred to me. What if he can't find Poe anywhere, but he sees the jacket lying on the sand and thinks he'd better grab a disguise. Then when he walks over to it, he almost gets sucked into the quicksand pit mentioned in the MSW info. He survives but it could be quite humorous if he thinks Poe got sucked into leaving his jacket as the only trace. I don't see why you bother mentioning quicksand in the info unless someone almost gets sucked into it.

[​IMG]

Revanfan1 and Chained Prometheus like this.
  24. Valin Halcyon

Valin Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    Two things, is Finn a pacifist? And I still can't believe that the ship the Falcon flys into is an upside down SSD! How the heck did that happen?! I hope we get to see that battle at some point in the movie. Also anybody notice that all we have seen besides a buried X-wing is Imperial ships? No Calamari Star Cruisers. It must have been a severe Imperial rout!

dekaneas likes this.
  25. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    That shot of the Falcon with it's door open while they make a break for it makes me think someone came to rescue them in the nick of time. I know it's unlikely but maybe Poe is the one flying the Falcon like we originally heard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.