main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    so siblings???

2. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I think the prequels are okay, they just don't compare to me to the OT.

I really liked all three of the originals return a bit less. So, it's not that I'm unruly hard. I just think it's too much of a tease and slap to the face of fans. They're back!....( cept Luke he's got a cameo!)

3. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Does the opera (embrace) scene still happen?

4. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Is your junior school friend your sibling just because you know he likes cowboys?

5. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Are the Chrome troopers still in the story or was that just an early concept? Is Gwedenline Christie a completely different character now?

6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014

o_O
    what does that have to do with anything???:rolleyes:

7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    If the flashback scene works beautifully, it will give real heartfelt meaning to Luke being "missing". If he get depressed because his padawans died,then he isn't really being a Jedi master. He's depressed for good reason, but for a Jedi, that's not a good reason to go into isolation. Shouldn't he be stronger than this? Maybe he is indirectly the reason for their deaths and must isolate himself to revive the order. Maybe Rey is a small child during that time in the flashback and her brother, er, Kylo goes after her. Somehow Luke must stay away from a reason we can't fathom right now.

Luke's appearance is somewhat like Spock's at the end of SFS, but the BIG difference is that we saw exactly what happened to Spock and saw him die and bringing life back was also an integral part of the previous movie.

nalkwan likes this.
  8. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

judging by the overwhelming hatred for the idea on this site, i'm at liberty to disagree with you, and not "book it" as you have suggested

Darth PJ and starocean90 like this.
  9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Personally, I think the ending sounds epic. That may not be the most popular opinion right now, but we have to look at the bigger picture. It's the perfect tease as to what's to come and it will only have us itching for more. It's all about tempering expectations and understanding that this film is not the story of the Big Three anymore, which I believe a lot of the dissension and hyperbole is stemming from (it's been quite an uphill battle to get through some of the responses in here over the past few days...ugh).

I just want to say thank you for all you do and for keeping us informed! I truly do appreciate all of your reports! :)

10. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Can you tell us anything about Gwendoline Christie's character?

11. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    I absolutely loved all 6 movies and saw each PT movie 4x at cinema. but ATOC is my least favorite especially since they cut the Anakin vs dooku duel as well as Dooku vs Yoda by 80%!!

12. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    It's called analogy. If Rey knew Kylo Ren when she was just a kid, training under Luke, and if he openly admitted Vader was his idol... then... well, figure it out.

Chrome troopers always sounded like Aston Martin Van(qu)ish from Die Another Day, unnecessary.

13. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    Master Jason. Kylo Ren turns cyborg the end of the movie?

14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    that was not the point of my question at all.:rolleyes:

15. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    Hate to say it, but watching a movie with a bunch of untrained wanna be jedi's and a bad guy who's just an obsessive super fan of
    Darth Vader - seems like a terrible idea for a movie.... well unless we're talking about spaceballs the sequel.

really hope the words in the teaser trailer wasn't some love struck poem over the life and death of Darth Vader

16. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    I'm really not worried about this site's population. The world will decide. I'm here to enjoy the ride all the way.

And the sweetest thing is to pull Caine's Alfred in the end: 'I did bloody tell you.' I intend to do so right after theatrical trailer and so on...

17. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Sorry another lost post surprise. . MakingStarWars
    Any updates on Kylo Ren going thru 2-3 Sith type outfits in TFA until he gets his final "Vaderish/Episode 8 outfit" (3 little bears analogy)

18. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Yes, this is my question as well. Does he sustain injuries in the end dual that cause him to become a cyborg? Is all of that cyborg stuff still in play from the concept art? Before the dual is he just normal looking Adam Driver under the mask (pre-cyborg)?

19. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    So you were just fishing for more info from MSW? He doesn't know. He cannot put such things into context because call sheets ain't script.

I don't believe she is, personally, maybe it's revealed in VIII... maybe.

20. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014

he just cuts himself, he's so obsessed with vader and a teenager who wants to feel special and unique like Vader
    so he slices his own limbs off to be more like him....

Maharishineo likes this.
  21. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm just hoping that Kylo, Gwendoline, and Gleeson survive so they can form "The Evil League of Evil A-holes", who will travel the galaxy ruining everything for everybody [face_devil]

22. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    The wannabe vader angle is actually very cool in concept.

It's a creepy concept that he's trying to prove himself to Uber and live up to the previous villain. It plays to the reality of our expectations for the next villain and works well within the movie itself where he's trying to live up to who came before him. He feels he's coming short so he is sporadic and violent at random. pure emotion.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  23. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    If Han is killed by his own son, I don't think one glimpse of Luke is going to cure the sads. That's a huge downer. AND especially if Kylo is the only Skywalker .... Luke accepts a new apprentice to basically rectify the huge mistake the Skywalkers made of reproducing.

starocean90 likes this.
  24. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Nice Scott Pilgrim reference. ;)

25. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Is it December yet!!??? Christ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.