main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    My proposition is - perma-stamp this on every page of this thread for every sad, mopey Luke comment that will surely come.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  2. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008

The no dialog part isn't insured. She walks up the stairs. Hands him the saber. Next sequence is credits. I know for a fact that happens. If she says "hey papa, I miss you daddy! I missed you ever so much! Why did you walk on me and mama all dem years ago!?" I don't know. For all I know he plants one on her and has been waiting for a young attractive Jedi woman to show up in his hovel and propagate the new Jedi race.

I don't have run times on these sequences. I just know the beats. The beats are she walks up the stairs, puts the saber in Luke's hand. The end. Any other jazz that is accompanied with those beats is open and unknown to me.

3. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

Well maybe but 2+ hrs of a Search for Luke movie for 30 seconds of Luke where only Rey goes to meet him.......Not sure I am a fan of that personally.

ChildOfWinds and T-R- like this.
  4. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    Nope. But they will show us the shots in a flashback that paint a very clear picture of what lead to it though.[/quote]

so we're back to sad Luke.
    mopey Luke went and hid because he lost his students... great.[/quote]

That's your idea, man. No one with an ounce of knowledge ever mentioned sad, mopey, depressed, or constipated Luke.

My idea: Luke removes himself from the galaxy to insure his survival as the forces of evil multiplied faster than the forces of good after Return of the Jedi. He's outnumbered. He's waiting for the Force to bring him the right people to fend off evil. We see that at the end of this new installment in the Star Wars saga.[/quote]

Uber is that powerful?

5. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Episode V... featured the Empire trying to take out the rebels. From the way Epidode VII allegedly ends, it would set up VIII to be a reverse of Empire. The republic fight back against the evil, Luke is back and wants to catch/ trap/ kill Kylo. Lando returns!

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Thanks for the answer.[face_love]
    I for one hope there is some dialogue at the end.:)

nightangel likes this.
  7. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

that still sounds weak. hopefully it plays better than it sounds

8. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008

You would be very wise to trust SWU. I've heard the same things. I also trust SWU hands down. When they say they know something, you can bet they're solid on it.

Immortiss, Shadojoker, Satipo and 2 others like this.
  9. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Exactly what I was thinking.

He knows the deal with Anakin when he saw the death of Padme and trying to do something about it did no good at all.

He sees Han die and trying to stop it might makes things worse.

Of course it's always a tricky thing with the future in motion. Is what Lukes sees something that he should stop or even could? How do you read the future? From his own personal experience going to save Han and Leia last time really didn't work out that well.

Not surprising. When you really break down the other films and who does what and how much they actually appear it really comes out to a very few core of characters around which the story is centred and even those are circle around THE central figure Luke OT, Anakin PT. The only partial exception to that was Anakin in TPM because he was too young and not introduced until half an hour in.

So who is the central figure of the ST? Rey or could it possibly be Rey and Ren who are Han and Leia's children? Has anyone got that figured out yet?

II The Grand Army of the Republic attacks the hidden Separatist base and drives them off.

V The Imperial Fleet of the Empire strikes the hidden Rebel Alliance base and drives them off.

Except what really is the difference between this Empire and the Republic? Who can drive who off of what?

MakingStarWars likes this.
  10. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    So is Captain Phasma just a standard Stormtrooper?

11. dr strangelove

dr strangelove Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Jason, trying to deduce more about the "new trio" here...do any of the beats hint at a budding romance between Rey and Poe (like what has been rumored)? Also, does Finn display any Force-sensitivity in the film (or hinted at for later installments)? Or is he just a regular dude, and Rey is the exclusive Jedi in-training for the film?

12. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013

Actually I picture a gifting of the lightsaber to Luke being a lot like Luke receiving the award from Leia at the end of a New Hope. Rhyming. It would make sense, then, for there to be no dialogue as the scene would go to the tune of a dramatic John Williams score.

13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I wonder who's higher in rank The Seven or Kylo ?

14. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    There's a Chrome Stormtrooper Captain and I believe it is Captain Phasma at this moment (its open to some error and ambiguity). I've seen the trooper. Friends have seen the toys. Hasbro told everyone the doll was a woman.

Before Rey leaves she visits Finn a the medical bay. I think if there's a kiss, that's where it happens. But that's just speculation. If there was a romance, Rey and Finn appears to be the duo and Poe is the third wheel. Of course, circumstance in the sequels could change that easily.

Right now, if I were a 14 year camping out over night for Twilight, I'm on Team Finn.

That said, understand, I don't know.

Immortiss, Revanfan1, Satipo and 4 others like this.
  15. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    i guess if old Luke feels out numbered and pulls an obiwan and yoda hiding... as MSW says that the evil machinations moved too fast means the empire is still really strong and the alliance is fledging...

guess i could buy him hiding out if this is the case and the rebellion is like almost vanquished....

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  16. Captain B

Captain B Jedi Master star 3

Oct 8, 2014
    Jason,
    Thanks for all of the useful info.
    There is one shallow thing that is bothering me. I know your documents can't help much with context because of the lack of dialog, but I have been wondering about Rey and her potential Skysolo lineage.
    I know you have said that you don't think she is, but since the first six films were basically the Skywalker Family Saga, it would be a huge departure to have the main hero be anything else. But I know it's possible.
    The one thing that bothers me is, well, Ridley's looks. They could have cast any twenty something female in planet earth in that role, and they just happened to pick one who looks like Natalie Portman?
    I know it is possible that they cast her under the script regime of Arndy--decided she was really good--and then changed their minds about her lineage. But that feels unlikely.
    Have you heard any follow up that might help answer this definitively?
    Thanks.

Michaea, Echo Base and Luukeskywalker like this.
  17. Valin Halcyon

Valin Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    I think we can blame this on the internet. Years ago you got movie news from TV and Magazines. Now people can jump on a board and speculate, worry, fret, and talk themselves into hating the very thing they are on that board to talk about. Stop taking all this so serious and just make of it what you want. As fans we are all going to see it anyway.

coxie0520 likes this.
  18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    And still no reconciliation between what the call sheets tell you about Gleeson vs. what your sources said about feeling he is a Skywalker?

Also (I know I keep bugging you about this -- last time, I promise), any firm indication whether Gleeson's character survives the film?

19. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    295 left and we know so much about the movie, it's really amazing the way things leak on the internet nowadays

20. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Is there an indication Luke himself wants to punish Kylo? Not having the access I can't speculate much, but is it possible Luke has something of a "convert, don't kill" rule since Vader?

Edit: I should finish reading the thread before asking a question. [face_blush]

21. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Welcome to the world of prequel bashing.

Gobi-1, nightangel and nalkwan like this.
  22. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    We knew more about the prequels at this time than we do this movie

23. dr strangelove

dr strangelove Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014

Gotcha. I didn't figure there would be much of a love story developing just yet, aside from some a few fleeting moments ("I dunno...you think a princess, and a guy like me...?" type of stuff). I was just curious, since a few recent rumors have hinted at something possibly being there, and we haven't heard much on that front yet.

Thanks for the reply.

24. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    MakingStarWars do the documents you have indicate the dates in which certain scenes were filmed?

25. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Jason, do you know the significance of the 'red patch' / markings on the new TIE's and other vehicles? Could it be an Imperial faction?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.