main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The One Canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Aug 18, 2015.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Good point - I imagine they reset the calendar regularly. After the Pius Dea fall, after the HYD, after the GHW, after the Treaty of Coruscant, etc etc etc.

2. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Interesting. Just wondering about how this could work with all of the canonized events from Legends (like stuff from TOTJ and KOTOR) and the Rakata and their conquest of Coruscant and especially Tatooine.

It would be a far too short time for the Kumumgah to evolve into Jawa and Tuskens for example.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  3. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    Is it, though? Assuming that they acquire traits at a similar rate as Humans, it doesn’t take that long for two distinct ethnic groups to develop a significant height difference. We don’t know how dissimilar in appearance Tuskens and Jawas are, so it might only be the height difference that separates them.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean, how many years was it for Duros and Neimodian IU?

5. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Not exactly sure, but wasn't it 10.000?

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

6. Fen_Bandit

Fen_Bandit Jedi Padawan

Nov 18, 2019
    Hey, excellent work, but I'm just wondering why the Rebel Force novels are absent from the timeline, is there some contradiction that can't be fixed, or have you simply just not gotten around to adding them yet?

Golbolco likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think Jason Fry was just saying that had he written ANH, Obi-Wan would have said a shorter span of time than “1000 generations”. Fry might find it interesting that an earlier draft of ANH’s script says “1000 years” and even earlier drafts say “100,000 years”.

8. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    I simply haven’t gotten around to it yet. I’m pretty sparse in the short story, junior novel, and video game department for the Rebellion era. Being that it’s the most dense era, I’ve focused on getting the general skeleton of events in order first.

9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Not sure why I'm so attached to this but here goes another attempted revision to my one canon council.

I created the list by working backwards and forwards from the council as shown in episode I. So "seats" refer to how the Masters were seated in that movie. Though it should be noted that there is no official seating chart so different sources will naturally not follow this exact format.
    [​IMG]
    Seat 1 is Yoda, and I work counterclockwise from there, with the exception of seat 2 which I reserved for the Master of the Order.
    The Italics refer to each Jedi's reason for leaving the council.
    Needless to say, all dates are BBY.
    Seat 1: Yoda (HR-19*)
    Seat 2: Tor Difusal (HR-88) Retired, Jor Aerith (88-41) Resigned, Mace Windu (41-19*)
    Seat 3: Thame Cerulian (HR-85) Resigned, Yula Braylon (85-50) Removed, Jocasta Nu (50-40) Resigned, Micah Giiett (40-33) Death, Ki-Adi Mundi (33-19*)
    Seat 4: Omo Bouri (HR-46) Retired, Gretz Droom (45-40) Resigned, Saessee Tiin (40-19*)
    Seat 5: Yaddle (HR-32) Resigned, Shaak Ti (32-19*)
    Seat 6: Tera Sinube (HR-43) Retired, Even Piell (43-20) Death, Coleman Kcaj (20-19*)
    Seat 7: Oppo Rancisis (HR-19) Resigned, Anakin Skywalker (19*)
    Seat 8: Jor Aerith (HR-88) Elevated, Poli Dapton (88-40) Retired, Sifo-Dyas (39-34) Removed, Adi Gallia (34-20) Death, Stass Allie (19*)
    Seat 9: Yarael Poof (HR-27) Death, Coleman Trebor (27-22) Death, Kit Fisto (22-19*)
    Seat 10: T'un (HR- 42) Retired, Dooku (42) Resigned, Eeth Koth (42-19) Removed, Agen Kolar (19*)
    Seat 11: Alxa Kress (HR-65) Retired, Katri (65-45) Death, Mace Windu (45-41) Elevated, Depa Billaba (41-22) Incapacitation, Obi-Wan Kenobi (21) Resigned, Depa Billaba (20) Resigned, Obi-Wan Kenobi (19*)**
    Seat 12: Tyvvoka (HR-44) Death, Plo Koon (44-19)

*= Seat Abolished With the execution of Order 66
    **= Considering the comic showed Ben giving his seat back to Billaba after she recovered from her coma, I am working off the assumption that she gave it back to him after she took Caleb as her Padawan and stepped down.

Retired= Stepped down primarily due to the effects advanced age.
    Resigned= Left willingly, due to factors not including age.
    Removed= Due to violating the Jedi Code, or some other transgression, the rest of the council voted to remove them.
    Death= Was killed or died of natural causes.
    Elevated= I doubt the council would elect just any Jedi to be Master of the Order so I placed those that held that position in a different seat for a few years before being moved to seat 2. Hence, they were "Elevated" to be Master of the Order.

I'm waffling on where (or if) to place Dooku but with my aforementioned head canon about his temporary seat I need to put him on the Council the same year he leaves the order which I believe is 42 bby. I reshuffled those I could and placed him after T'un and before Eeth Koth just because T'un is one of the more flexible options since we know so little about him.

Fun note: Jocasta Nu is now actually sitting in the seat she's credited to in the Dark Temple Comic. Not that it particularly matters since it's not like there is a strict seating chart anyways.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
  10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  11. Dagothoth

Dagothoth Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2022
    you can sell anything…the age of resurrection sounds ****ing badass

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  12. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    So what do we do if that Shogun really is Mace Windu?

I didn't read the comic. But what other prequel era references were there?

Sent from my EA211002 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    troopers looking like the clones

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The troopers look like Clone Troopers. There are also Venators, by all accounts!

If it is the case that this turns out that the Shogun is Mace Windu, then we will potentially have to roll with the idea of the Sith Rebellion being Dooku’s Dark Acolytes. Perhaps the Ronin is called the Dark Lord of the Sith by the Empire to cover the ties between the Emperor and the Empire. Maybe?

15. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Maybe the "Jedi" hunting the "sith" can be Inquisitors and not real Jedi (at least they aren't Jedi anymore of course going by canon).

Sent from my EA211002 using Tapatalk

16. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Well depends how literal one does want to fold the Roninverse into the OneCanon or Canon.

Hundred Year Darkness paralells or post Legacy potential exists, but to have it in the movie era? Literally? One can see it as a metaphor during the movie era perhaps as with the above ideas of Inquisitor Jedi (serving the Sith Emperor nobody knows is a Sith) hunting "Sith" aka Jedi declared traitors/dark by legislature. A lot of terminology thrown around by both sides for each other but in the end reflecting their similarities. Whoever is in power, Jedi or Sith banish the others and hunt them down denominating them as dark. I love how that would break with the stereotype of evil people believing themselves to be evil and instead show how the Sith view themselves as good Jedi and the others as dark Jedi.

But aside these literal takes, metaphor or no, inside the movie era, it does not really fit given the entire Rei'izu part of the story. Unless you diminish it to be merely a regional story and not a galaxyspanning one which does not work entirely.

But hey, what if Rei'izu is actually Cularin, which did vanish and reappear? Hmmm...

And I would love if we get a Dathomir revival in the Dark Times that rivals an uprising of the surving and reuniting witches against the Empire. Merrin, Deathstick, Charal, Legends ones, others.. Canon has Dathomiri survive and even Maul has his base there with Crimson Dawn. What if the Sith Witch is one who reunited Dathomir before the Imperial crackdown and blockade in orbit and the Imperial fear of the witches dwelling down there again during the OT.

I think the Roninverse story did happen at some point past or future, but given its visuals using PT looks in comic and ST ones in the anime short, one can consider it as a modernized visual representation inuniverse of a far older tale perhaps. Be it someone found evidence of it in history, or saw a vision after some spice and made a holomovie based on his vision of the distant future, splicing in contemporary elements and looks as substitutes for that unknown era.

But given the focus on galactic royalty instead of planetary royalty, I do wonder: Canon has many royal families across the galaxy related and intermarried (as per Leia novels and comics f.e.) and aside the local thrones, did they ever unite or answer to an Emperor as aristocratic leader and a royal throne and throneworld aside the political one in the past? One that may have held political power in the past but not nowadays? Is this Rei'izu? And Palpatine is the first monarchic ruler since these past times to reinstate aristocracy and privileges complete with a new royal family? To get support from aristocrats all over the gffa I guess, given he knows most planetary rulers are monarchic and not democratic after all. That might give importance back to Rei'izu under the Empire despite Coruscant remaining the Imperial seat of power. But an Imperial throneworld special to the Emperor thus could be Rei'izu... what about Byss in the Deep Core? An alternate, ancient name for it perhaps? And letting a planet vanish in the Deep Core and its gravity wells is easy peasy for megalomanic Force Witches that want to block hyperspace access as well as sublight.
    Thus could Byss be Rey'izu? Could the Roninverse during the Dark Times era be about the Imperial Royal Family of Palpatine, his illegitimate sons and clone sons, his niece, some Pallopides, some Jedi Prince or Princesses, too?

Would be fun to get a story paralell to the entire classic PT/OT Saga that reads so different and yet is the same story from an entirely different pov that we hardly saw before and only got hints at.

17. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Interesting take. Maybe that may be the real twist of Ronin in the end that we aren't realizing and won't found out until later.

That it does take place in the Star wars universe that we know. We just seeing it from a different view. The Ronin isn't really a Sith, but a declared one by The Empire and the "Jedi" are Inquisitors instead. If we find out the "Jedi" leader hunting Sith for the Empire is a Pau'an. Maybe your right this isn't a AU it's just someone else POV of events and what they see and feel.

A wait and see indeed

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    We do have Jedi Lords, which is a very totalitarian approach - very Inquisitors.

Sith Rebellion, the label the Empire gave to the Dark Acolytes that supported the Separatists (interchangeable for the Empire between the Rebels and Separatists). Perhaps he took over from Tyranus.

Rei’izu as a proto-Imperial capital in the first year of the Empire that the Sith Rebels took down…

… and then 20 years later post-Yavin maybe we have the ‘Dark Lord’ hunting down his Sith and Jedi Lords…

… isn’t 2 ABY very empty in Canon and Legends, if we really wanted to set Ronin then? [face_laugh]

Emperor Palpatine being challenged by his two ‘sons’, that’ll be an interesting turn of events. Mid Rim Alliance, that’s very Mid Rim Campaign in Canon, no?

19. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    not bad Jedi Lords does sound less noble. Maybe that way the Ronin calls them that because they are former Jedi who sold their morlas and became Lords=Inquisitors.

The sith really being Dark Acolytes work well since Palpatine would probably want them gone along with surviving Jedi.

Palpatine having a fake family works. "Look at me I'm Scarred, but I have my lovely family support".

True 2ABY is empty. So it could fit.

ColeFardreamer and Sinrebirth like this.
  20. Dagothoth

Dagothoth Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2022
    I think the age of resurrection is the easiest of the fits for multiple reasons

true spirits are implanted in clone bodies that do not decay at a rapid rate, it definitely indicates that cloning technology has advanced beyond the clone wars

why is this important?

because clone armies are the best method for an aristocracy to be able to assert power without worrying about the people

hence stormtrooper armor

I think that a new clone army was created to be the standing army of the imperial aristocracy, an imperial aristocracy that consists of ancient resurrected force users from both the sith and Jedi orders

the sith witch’s resurrection magic is too powerful for it to be a clone wars era witch

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Sith Rebellion

The Dark Acolytes of Darth Tyranus did not come to an end after the declaration of Empire, anymore than the Separatists gave up. Their leader was a former Jedi, who was Dooku’s choice as an apprentice after he lost Ventress, Oppress and Vos. As his formal successor he rallies the Dark Acolytes to fight back.

Those darksiders that carried on were known as the Sith Rebellion by the Imperials and considered a minor threat - right until their Dark Lord, with his Sith witch, led an assault on the newly created Imperial throne-world of Rei’izu. Palpatine had been intending to use the ancient Kyber mirror there to seize the future, but the Dark Lord struck first.

The planet vanished in the violence, and the Empire crushed the remainder of the Dark Acolytes entirely, but the Dark Lord - later the Ronin - survived. The Separatist cause collapsed shortly after, and the Ronin turned inward, having seen in the Kyber mirror the future he was creating. He spent the next twenty years hunting down his former comrades and avoiding the Inquisitors, who he considered nothing more than Jedi redressed.

The Inquisitors, Dark Jedi Lords, commanded their own system of apprentices and acolytes under the Emperor, who enjoyed the irony of an enemy of the Empire being labelled the Dark Lord. During that time the Ronin crossed paths with Mace Windu, the latter having survived his death fall on Coruscant and been directed by the Father in a vision on a quest.

But matters came to a head twenty years later, at the height of the Mid Rim Offensive by the Rebel Alliance. To the point that the same was known as the Mid Rim Alliance, the Empire’s instability saw Palpatine name successors to secure his position - weakened due to the loss of the Death Star just after he swept aside the Senate.

The Dark Lord resurfaced amidst rumours that the Sith witch had returned, hunting down the source of the same, and even leading the Empire back to Rei’izu. It is revealed that the Sith witch was in-fact the Dark Lord’s daughter, and the crisis averted, though various Moffs and Lords make saber-rattling noises, as do the princes.

Inevitably of course Palpatine cuts down the heirs as he no longer needs them, and the Mid Rim Alliance/Offensive collapses shortly before the Battle of Hoth.

22. Dagothoth

Dagothoth Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2022
    pretty smooth

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Figured cross everybody. Im really hoping my headcanon of the canon and Legends Inquisitors being the same group holds. It all depends if the upcoming Inquisitor novel for this summer where reveal the Grand Inquisitor's name or not.
    I plan to buy the book to thinking about pre-order.
    I know most people here has it as two different groups. But not for me and my canon. So I'm really intercepting the novel.

Also the Ashoka series. I'm carious how where fit that into One Canon. Only time will tell.

Edit: Also happy New year!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean Legends implied Thrawn survived the Thrawn Crisis in 9 ABY - likely pretending to be Formbi, so we’re fine even if Thrawn turned up in the ST!

Fallen Jedi Master likes this.
  25. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I do wonder if Thrawn ever had children if he survived. And who it might be maybe from those we know.

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk