main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The One Canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Aug 18, 2015.

1. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    That is sadly the only thing that is left of the timeline i was writing that encompassed the Canon and Legends lives of Dooku and Qui-Gon, unifying everything into one timeline and explaining when everyone's apprenticeships took place, Rael, Fremor, Xanatos, etc. there was no way of recovering what i wrote, apologies for the double post, someday i could redo the whole thing but i feel terrible right now lol, some other day.

a 6 hour work, wasted on an accidental delete, i even got to Episode I...

Short version is: One Canon Qui-Gon is born in 85 BBY and is apprenticed at 17 instead of 12, padawanships are given at later ages than in Obi-Wan's time in Dooku and Qui-Gon's generations , and they take less time, at least in very gifted Jedi, proven by Jedi Lost as Dooku starts the apprenticeship at 16, and other sources confirm he takes his own padawan Rael at 22, so he would already be a knight before then,my estimation is that he becomes a knight shortly after the mission to asusto, at 20 or 21 years old, now let's say Rael is also like 16 when Dooku takes him, and his 10 year apprenticeship would have been an outlier at that time because of how much of a mess Rael is, then Qui-Gon is 17 when he's taken by 34 year old Dooku, becomes a knight at 23 and Fremor is 15 when Qui-Gon takes him the same year he discovers Xanatos at 3 and takes him to the temple to become a youngling, Xanatos later becomes a padawan at 12 the same year Fremor is knighted at 24 and Qui-Gon becomes a master, Xanatos turns to the dark side at 16, and dies at 23 in 44 BBY (born 66 BBY), it fits.

So Episode I Qui-Gon is 53 in One Canon, and Rael Avarross was born in 96 BBY.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
  2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    There is a compelling argument that Jedi Apprentices are normally taken at a later age in general, when you remember 14-year-old Ahsoka was "Too Young" according to Anakin.

While one could rationalize that he was speaking from a war-time mindset, the way I imagine things fitting together is that 14 is not and never has been a hard deadline for Jedi Younglings to be picked. It's just the first time the Council seriously begins evaluating people to send to the Service Corps.
    18 is the hard deadline, but if you are an underachieving initiate your probably hyperventilating on your 14th birthday no matter what.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  3. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    That's a compelling argument indeed, perhaps Obi was way too dramatic when he was panicking about becoming 13 before being chosen as an apprentice, or maybe he was that bad.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You know I love how
    Ventress returning basically works as is. And as of right now you can basically ignore DD just the way god intended. :p

5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I don't know where it originates from, but I've heard it said that Ben and Anakin are sort of mirrors of each other.
    Anakin is the lazy prodigy for whom all comes easy, but he never puts in the effort to reach his full potential.
    Obi-Wan has a far lower natural force sensitivity and struggles to reach his full capabilities, but because he works his butt off day and night to reach the top of the order he manages to become one of the best dualists of his era as a result of that that extra effort.

This adds a lot of interesting subtexts to their dual in ROTS beyond the fact that they were Master and Apprentice.
    Plus, it makes his arc a lot more compelling. So I choose to believe it.

6. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Khaleen is thankful for that, i'm sure...

MercenaryAce likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Count Dooku in my mind made several comments about leaving before he finally did in 32 BBY.

It wasn't so much out of principle but that Sidious wanted him to stay within the Order for as long as possible.

And yes, Sidious was training Dooku and Maul simultaneously, offering up Maul as his actual apprentice to Plagueis while preparing Dooku.

I'm also presently headcanoning that the Ronin was Dooku's last Sith apprentice, and he hunted down the Dark Acolytes as penance for his actions during the Clone Wars.

8. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    The Ronin does not fit into the Clone Wars Era. Unless he is returned from ages (HYD) ago like others popping up unfrozen or resurrected during PT to post RotJ eras.

Or PT Ronin is a clone from the UR Mother Machine and Kemp shenangians... at least post ST then?

Given he is all over multiple eras he could be cloned, resurrected or even a flowwalker. Does he have the Darkstaff by any chance?

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Ronin comics rather heavily suggest the war he fought was the Clone Wars, is all.

10. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    So we ignore any post ST trooper vibes from original and fit the entire witch resurrection zombie armies into clone wars? The weird feudal jedi and sith and Empire too?

How?

Besides, any chance for a second clone war being this rather than the First?

Imperial Loyal Jedi Lords as Inquisitor domains could be fun.

Mace could be survivor from windowfall ;)

A (true) Sith rebellion against the Emperor and his loyal Jedi Inquisitors?

Dathomir Witches as Sith Witches? Or others?

With other covens appearing in acolyte Ronin will be high republic vibed soon enough too I think.

11. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    I prefer to think that, while he left the Council and the Order officially in 42 BBY to rule Serenno (as seen in Jedi Lost), he was still working for the Order from time to time and was allowed in the temple, like Yoda says, he considered Dooku a Jedi in heart, and you could argue that what he was doing in Serenno was doing his Jedi duties in helping the people of Serenno the best way possible.

However, he started to dive into the Dark Side on his own after his experiences in Serenno (when he killed his brother), which is why he wanted to teach Rael about it in Master & Apprentice, trying to tempt him with it's power, but also why Sidious' offer to learn the ways of the Sith interested him in the first place, he was already developing an interest in the dark powers by himself, especially after he stopped doing the rituals that Lene taught him, but, even with his ever-increasing usage of the Dark Side and the power that he's found there, he still thinks he's doing the best for Serenno, seeks to combat the corruption of the Republic, and considers himself part of the Jedi Order.

When Qui-Gon dies, he is truly done with the Jedi, hence what he tells Palpatine in the works near the end of Plagueis, about wanting to truly leave the Order and dedicate himself to politics, and the necessity to "burn the Republic down", then, when he kills Sifo-Dyas, hijacks the clone project, and betrays Yaddle, is when he fully becomes Darth Tyrannus, and becomes dedicated to creating a Sith Empire with it's capital on Serenno (as explained in Jedi Lost as well as the ROTS novel).

For Palpatine's side, i think he originally only wanted to use Dooku's political position to incite the separatist movement, and perhaps manipulate him into believing in it, but when he lost Maul, he decided that he would turn Dooku into a Sith, as he needed someone to do his dirty work in manipulating both sides of the conflict, and only until Anakin was ready to be turned into a Sith (as it is detailed in the epilogue of Darth Plagueis) for he always considered Maul his true apprentice before Naboo, Dooku, merely a means to an end, and Anakin, his true prize:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  12. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    I felt that the newest issue reinforced my view that the Roninverse belongs post-Legacy.

We now know there was a war at least ten years prior to the Sith Rebellion, possibly longer, and that war was using classic OT ships and motifs based on the battle wreckage we see. I spotted TIEs and Y-Wings among the wreckage.

There was still no indication in the comic that the Roninverse Empire was directly preceded by a Republic. We do learn that the Sith preexisted before Ronin, and that based on the context he was going around looking for at least four of them to learn from and take the mantle of Dark Lord.

In my view, the Ronin is hunting down members of the One Sith. The Emperor mentioned in the book is Marasiah's son, and we're several decades since the end of Darth Krayt's reign.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Hmmm. What about Mace?

14. Golbolco

Jan 20, 2016
    This is the one obstacle.

Either it’s really him or it isn’t and it’s just a case of history rhyming with itself again… but if it’s Mace, I like to think he found himself put in Imperial storage after falling from the window and was awoken much later in the Legacy era. Or perhaps he was cloned, just like C’baoth.

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Unless he’s just lived that long. He was a young Jedi Master after all.

SheaHublin and Golbolco like this.
  16. Golbolco

Jan 20, 2016
    Also very true! I am a big proponent of Humans being given back their long lifespans from early Bantam material.

SheaHublin and ColeFardreamer like this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Eppie was 132!

SheaHublin likes this.
  18. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Old Mother Rell

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  20. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Almost 400

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  22. acbagel

acbagel Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2023
    Awesome, yeah I'd love to see it broken down into a theoretical timeline of events!

QuinlanSolo likes this.
  23. Delpheas

Delpheas Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 23, 2023
    Hey, disappeared for a while down a clone wars rabbit hole, re-emerging into my New Republic OneCanon reading frenzy.

Sinerebirth, any word on the adult novel timeline? I made my own based Golboco's break down, but I don't think it fits your placement for the Tales of the One Canon stories exactly.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing where/how Ahsoka's gonna fit into this as we deal with Mortis stuff!

Golbolco likes this.
  24. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I still say put it in 100 year darkness

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Carib Diss

Carib Diss Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 31, 2024
    I think there is something pretty interesting that can be done here. the ending of the Ronin Novel may or may not imply that the Ronin is a ghost, and generally there is a connection between ghost stories and the concept of a Ronin.

In the Ronin Novel there is a strong emphasis on the planet Rei'izu, which was a planet powerful in the Force that seemingly bridged the gap between the real world and the spirit world, with the Sith Witch hiding it fully in the Spirit World, before fully fusing with it. Exegol also has similar properties attached to it about being a world that bridged the living and dead worlds. Shadow of the Sith also adds a LOTR bend to it. Luke is confronted with 9 wraiths who are basically implied to be previous Sith who had used Exegol and later had their spirits enslaved to it.

The Ronin Novel also focuses on the Other Sith Witch using the powers of Rei'izu to raise people from the dead as her undead minions, and the Ronin may or may not have died at the end of the novel.

What if the Ronin is essentially a Ghost, controlled by whatever or whoever is controlling Exegol at that particular time, but sees everything through the lense of his original life, as ghosts typically do. The Novel focuses on his story before he died, presumably sometime during the Great Schism, as one of Xendor's Generals, the comic is his spirit in a post Clone Wars world, meeting Mace Windu, perhaps one of the nine wraiths seen in SOTS.

ColeFardreamer and Golbolco like this.