main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 The Positivity Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by groove790, Apr 9, 2019.

1. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    With all the drama and negativity about the poor planning and communication, I thought that a "Positivity Thread" was a good idea.

Post some of your best memories of past Celebration or about the one thing you are most excited about for this Celebration. I know I can talk all day about the bad things that have happened but we need to remember the great things that happen too. Those are the reasons we keep coming back and doing it again.

teamhansolo and Obi Anne like this.
  2. groove790

Aug 16, 2010
    Celebration V was my first and it completely blew my mind. I will never forget the emotions and the feeling of being around "my people". Before I left, I told my brother that if there is a Celebration in the US I will never miss one. So far I haven't. I got to meet Dave Filoni and Ashley Eckstein. I made friends that I still talk to today. I look forward to making new memories like those in a few days.

teamhansolo likes this.
  3. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    SWCV love!

groove790 likes this.
  4. DarthRayje

DarthRayje Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2019
    My first Celebration was II, went to III with my girlfriend of 3 months and she loved it. Fast forward to Anaheim, gf-turned-wife and I attended, followed by Orlando with a new member of the family joining us, a baby girl. Now on the way to Chicago with the (god help us) now 2.5 year old in tow who is legitimately excited to meet Darth Vader (waves Hi and says "HI DARTH VADER" every morning to the cardboard cutout in our garage). Celebration and Star Wars fans have been there every step of the way in our life!

teamhansolo and groove790 like this.
  5. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
  6. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I must say that all of my experiences with every Celebration I've attended was unique,
    exciting and wonderful! Each and every one was different, the excitement was intoxicating,
    Star Wars fans are the best, meeting folks from around the globe is fabulous and I'll
    continue to do it again and again as long as I meet more great members like all of you!

teamhansolo and groove790 like this.
  7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'm positively ecstatic to meet Hayden Christensen on Saturday morning! No matter how the lotteries end up, that makes my show for me! Really getting excited. Just two more sleeps!

teamhansolo, Padme501st and groove790 like this.
  8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    teamhansolo and Gamma626 like this.
  9. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    This is my first one, so I'm sure I'll have a great time regardless.

teamhansolo likes this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Updated the thread tag so people wouldn't think it was an old thread just upped.

11. groove790

Aug 16, 2010
    Thanks, I noticed it after I had posted and couldn't find a way to edit it.

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  12. groove790

Aug 16, 2010
    He was one of my positive highlights to Orlando '17. He was very kind and engaging. I was not expecting him to be that way. I genuinely felt like he cared about the fact that I was there to see him.

teamhansolo likes this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't think regular users can edit thread tags once they have posted their thread.

14. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Well I have to say, this weather is giving me major C3 flashbacks. It’s still decently warm in TN and heading toward cooler weather, except back at C3 I was a freshman in college who spent all night packing and doing assignments and didn’t bother to check the forecast, so I landed in Indy with nothing but T-shirts only to have rain, then cold and rain, then snow await me. But I will always remember that Celebration fondly. The opening ceremony was so great, Temuera Morrison sang to us. I wanted to tell him I will always remember that but, well he wasn’t able to come this time.

Mark Hamill telling me he loved my hair at C6 during our photo op was another highlight for me. I had made my hair into Princess Leia buns. Working with Matt Woods and hearing him chat with Ben Burt thanks to Official Pix was a great experience as well as working with Steve Blum, who had made custom made flask for the cast and crew with the Phoenix logo, and who gave me one as a thank you.

I also got lost at C6 the day prior and entered a room where Ashley and JAT were being interviewed and I just blended in with everyone around them and no one noticed and I was 5 ft from them for 20 mins.

Orlando was great with the 40th panel, meeting Hayden, Tudyk doing my favorite K2 line in K2 voice, meeting @MotivateR5D4 and @star_wars_is_good

I also enjoy when they have the costumes and props room and I hope they have it this year.

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Why am I last on the list? Meeting me should at least be higher than Tudyk!

Padme501st likes this.
  16. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    One of my fondest Celebration memories is doing the Mexican wave in line for Mark Hamill's panel in London in 2007, and the saber battle on one of the bridges near ExCel.

Padme501st likes this.
  17. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Haha, yeah there’s been frustrations but the good far out weighs the bad, it’s why we keep going back!

Making new friends, meeting childhood heroes, seeing all the exciting things coming up and hearing stories from cast about making the movies. And just being surrounded by so many Star Wars fans l, that atmosphere is amazing.

And I’m on the L train into Chicago right now. So that’s really positive:D

teamhansolo, groove790 and Link1130 like this.
  18. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    Orlando was my first Celebration two years ago. Since then, my son moved to LA and my daughter moved to Queens. They will not be attending this year. Everything about Orlando was great. Looking forward to Chicago.

Darkslayer and teamhansolo like this.
  19. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    If one wants to talk about diversity and acceptance it's Star Wars Cele'.s I have never seen or heard of harsh judgements against people, if one does not like something, it's kept to themselves! I don't know a lot of fans personally,but when you are at Cele. you get a "fuzzy feeling" safe feeling, I don't have to be afraid feeling. everyone is there for Star Wars and their love for it. and you can feel it too. like a group aura, an "ahhhh" feeling.

teamhansolo, ChrisLyne and groove790 like this.
  20. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I've been reflecting a lot on Orlando, as well as what a great time that whole period building up to it was.

I'll get to another Celebration and meet back up with you guys again.

Padme501st, ChrisLyne and Link1130 like this.