main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The PT Social Thread - RYL AWARD VOTING CLOSED - check announcment on page 1218

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Oct 3, 2019.

?

What did you think about The Rise of Skywalker?

1. I hated it

2. I did not like it

3. It was okay

4. I liked it

5. I loved it

6. MACLUNKEY (I didn't see it)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Ha, no I don't view everyone in here with suspicion. I apologize for bringing this up in the first place. There's screwed up people in every shape and form. As I said I don't agree with the controversy around the film but can see how people are offended by it or where the controversy could come from.

I go to the movies to be entertained and a sense of escapism for a few hours. They can be an easy target for the media or people to place blame at though. The problems in society aren't caused by them though.

Once again sorry for bringing up the whole debate.

2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    do you like H2O? I really enjoy that one. I've probably asked you this.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    What about other shooting crimes in the US, besides the mass shootings? Are these usually the single white males? Or are other ethnicities responsible for a lot of shooting murders in the US? What about worldwide shooting murders? What are the top ethnicities commiting these homicides? What about homicides in the Middle East and Africa? Are these lone white gunmen?

I don't know the answers to these questions honestly. What does the media show us? When I watch the evening local news and their has been a homicide in my town; most of the time it ain't been perpetrated by a mentally ill white guy, if you know what I'm saying.
    Is that again, just the media?
    I honestly don't know.

4. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    Excuse me while I suffer a series of micro-explosions inside my brain.

5. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Forgive me, father, for I have sinned.

*takes bite out of McDonald’s cheeseburger*

I am stuck! It is pouring! I am hungry!

EDIT: As far as I am concerned, the MCU is nothing more than a purely, commercialized product that has nothing to say and has no lasting power outside of each film being annoyingly referenced in future films and all each film is now in days is just a preview for the next upcoming film(s).

6. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Heh Ingram hates me now

7. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I had a McChicken sandwich yesterday. It was quite the savory snack.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think Ingram hates us all.

9. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    you don't have to be sorry dude :p at least not on my account. I haven't even seen The Joker so can't comment on the issue :p
    All I can say without seeing it is if what people are saying is true, and it brings up the despicable way governments don't give a **** about people with mental problems and taking away support and medication etc is a very bad thing then the movie can't be praised enough IMO.

it's better than the one with Paul Rudd and Resurrection I give it that much :p

it's on par with 5 for me.

10. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    he (Ingram) loves me deep deep down. but he'll never admit it.

11. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    @heels1785 you making any changes to your Fantasy PL?

also don’t bother with the Joker controversy... haven’t seen the movie but the things they say are simply noise for the sake of clickbait.

There are unfortunately enough postmodernists on Twitter for that kinda idiocy to keep rolling

12. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    This is true! Lol.
    JC ticked off the director by doing that too.
    Last minute reshoots with more gore.

My fav Aussie bloke, Minty, has a cool vid about Halloween II. He talks about this.

Carpenter evidentally felt pressured by the success of Friday the 13th I and II, to up the gore in Halloween II. Lame.
    What a sellout. :p

13. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    the original Halloween does not have much gore. It's more brutal violence like the Fog. But the Thing certainly does lol.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I made my one transfer last week, doesn't look like we get an extra one with the int'l break. Not quite ready to sacrifice the points or use my unlimited to make more than one a week. :p

Says 75% Salah to play, so I'm gonna risk it. Doesn't look like Dave and Pogba will suit up for United - could be a rough bout, but a good test for Romero. Good luck!

15. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    yup :D

[face_laugh]

have you seen They Live? :p

16. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    yes. it was....a movie. :p I just don't get the hype over it. Like Big Trouble in Little China. [face_dunno] Different strokes I guess.

17. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    EJC speaking sense as always :D

18. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    yup totally agre-

*gasps into a wall*

:p

19. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    You, Dandelo, and VJ have the worst taste in movies in recorded history! :p

You are hereby sentenced to slasher sequel purgatory where you will only watch horrible sequels to overrated horror franchises. But never the original! [face_devil]

So let it be written.

So let it be done.
    [face_skull]

:p

Just teasin' ya if ya didn't know by now. [:D]

20. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Now Escape from NY is a classic. PS I want to take out 100 dollars and buy Luigi's Mansion and Mario Kart for GC. I want more. But I know I shouldn't.

21. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Beat me to it

22. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    haha but you are probably right when it comes to myself :p

[:D]

when it comes to reading or watching reviews my favourite films are largely considered what is known as "good bad movies"
    Road House, Ghostbusters II and BTILC fit this category apparently :p

23. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Speaking of superheroes, I picked up Glass on 4K and Unbreakable digitally. I have a trilogy to watch the next few days. :p

24. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    Seven was good, well done, 7 deadly sins were an interesting idea, but also idk, it left me feeling eh? I didn’t find it that affecting at the end, Brad Pitt just was not working for me in the field. I didn’t like him earlier in it either. I’m not a Brad Pitt fan but do want to like his acting, but imo he can be so...Brad Pitt...that it’s hard for me to lose him in roles.

I’ve seen the first Saw, it was gross, but the premise is so flipping stupid & the movie so self-serious that I didn’t bother with the rest. Torture movies I don’t watch, or try to avoid. And I can’t deal with sickness, at either end, even in comedies. Food scenes get to me if it seems like it could turn bad, like that Home Alone pizza dinner or wedding in The Godfather. *shudders*. Even when I know it’ll be fine I’m on high alert.

25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Not got much to say, since I haven't seen most of these movies :p I don't particularly like horror, never really been my genre, and slasher/gore stuff even less so ;)

Endgame's a pretty damn fine movie though :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.