main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Taylor Neir

Taylor Neir Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2022
    IC: Taylor Neir
    Rancor Pit

Tay launched towards the padawan saber in hand and swung towards his padawan's left shoulder whilst also igniting his second blade and swinging it in the other direction. The two yellow blades had not been used together for a long time so it would be interesting to see if Tay could still use the two the way he had done many times.

TAG: @study888

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  2. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    IC: study888
    Rancor Pit

Study moved both of his blue blades into positions to parry both of his Master's blows. The blades clashed @Taylor Neir

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    Adalia-Durron and Taylor Neir like this.
  3. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Rancor Pit

Tay was impressed. The two jedi were now both using Jar Kai. This could get interesting. Tay broke away and landed a little bit away from his padawan in a crouched position his left blade in a reverse grip above him and his right ahead of his chest.

"Fair play, Study. You certainly seem to know what you are doing, but, it's not enough to truly impress me yet." Tay commented.

"It's some good blade work and your movements compliment that, but you still have a long way to go yet, as do I." Tay added.

4. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Rancor Pit

"I hope you can teach me reverse grip sometime. I hold my blades in a handshake grip sometimes and in a thumb grip at other times, alternating pressure on the grips depending on whether I am thrusting or retreating. I don't know reverse grip. I know my hero Lady Tano used reverse grip like you do." study says.

study stands with his shoto offhand shortsword lower to his left front side and his longer blade at a higher level on his front right side, both blades pointed up at a slight angle slightly lower than 90 degrees.

His legs are in a solid mid-outward stance, his right foot slightly ahead of his left foot.

@Taylor Neir

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Nods as both are learning a lot from this bought.

Tia and Taylor Neir like this.
  6. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Rancor Pit

"I shall. Lady Tano was rather famous for using not only the Jar Kai lightsber form but also for using them in a reverse grip. Lady Tano is one of few past jedi I take my forms from. Yes, whilst Master Grau was my mentor I did some research of my own into the past jedi. Master Skywalker and Lady Tano have already been present here today." Tay explained as he straightened up and shifted his grip slightly so that his left hand sat just above the power button on his kefg saber and his right hand, just below the emmiter of his other saber.

"Tell me, do you take on the jar Kai form after Lady Tano? Or is there something else that caused you to?" Taylor asked as he began to circle the young padawan, his reverse saber behind his back and his other just ahead of his chest, a position that Ashoka Tano was famous for using.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    Tia and Adalia-Durron like this.
  7. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Rancor Pit

As study888 eyed his opponent, always turning around to face him as Taylor circled him, he said: I started using Jar'Kai long before I had even heard of or seen the young child Ahsoka. It just came naturally to me.

@Taylor Neir

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
    Adalia-Durron , Sarge and Taylor Neir like this.
  8. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Rancor Pit

Taylor lunged forward his blade at his sides pointing diagonally towards the floor the tips dragging against it. His left blade swung down towards the padawan's shoulder as Tay leapt over the young jedi. His right blade came around just after the tip pointing towards the padawan's head.

TAG: @Taylor Neir

9. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Rancor Pit

study ducked and twisted slightly, dodging the head blow while bringing up both blades, one to deflect the shoulder blow to his left, and the other aimed at his Master's left side, as he reached up.

@Taylor Neir

OOC: Oops, I think you meant @study888

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
    Taylor Neir, Adalia-Durron and Tia like this.
  10. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    OOC: Yeah I did, sorry about that. I'm half asleep right now. Lol

Rancor Pit

Tay's blade made contact and he brought his other blade around to block the incoming blow from his padawan learner. Taylor broke off the attack and looked his padawan in the face. Tay twisted the pommel of each of his sabers and the two connected each other. He swung the saber ahead of him and bringing it to rest on his left side keeping his saber clenched in his left hand.

"Probably should've warned you about this, my young padawan." Taylor said.

Adalia-Durron and Tia like this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Is amused by the mistaken TAG.

Sarge and Taylor Neir like this.
  12. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Rancor Pit

"Cool! A double-sided saber-staff!" study exulted. "Admittedly, mine can't do that." He eyed his opponent, standing to face his Master in the same stance as before.

@Taylor Neir

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
    Taylor Neir and Adalia-Durron like this.
  13. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Rancor Pit

"It's a family tradition at this point." Tay explained lunging forward thrusting his saver forward at the padawan's stomach.

14. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    IC:
    study888
    The Rancor Pit

study swiped his right saber down to deflect the blow as he gave a Force push with both hands to push his opponent back a few metres, then lunged forward and swiped both sabers at his opponents' legs.

@Taylor Neir

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  15. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager VIP - Game Winner

Apr 15, 2019
    IC The Pitmaster
    Rancor Pit

Leaning against the still slightly glowing staff of office, the Pitmaster observed the ongoing duel. The Pit itself was restless, he could feel, as this duel didn't promise to end with at least one drop of blood touching its sands. To him, the Pit was an entity unto itself, living and slightly sentient. But it understood that such duels took place. A slight smile crossed his face, though, as the sands began to subtlely shift, creating mounds and valleys, to make the two Jedi adapt to the changing topology. His eyes shifted to watch them more closely, to see how both dealt with the changes.

TAGS: @Taylor Neir, @study888

16. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    IC:
    study888
    The Rancor Pit

study888 grinned, still in the moment, and thought 'now things are getting interesting'

@Taylor Neir

17. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Rancor Pit

Tay looked around as the sands shifted. Mounds and valleys came about, Tay smiled. He knew that the pit was somewhat alive, all to well from his time as a grey jedi. Taylor ran forward his saber diagonally at his side, the tip only just dragging along the floor, He leapt up and separated his sabers bringing them both down towards the padawan from above. Certainly aggressive and he had only used it once, against his sister. Tay never broke his concentration on the padawan.

18. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    The Rancor Pit
    With might and main, study brought both sabers up together to parry this agressive overhead blow ducking, bending slightly, pushing Tay's sabers upward as they clashed mightily.
    @Taylor Neir

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
    Taylor Neir likes this.
  19. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    OOC: Might want to correct that

20. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    OOC study888: pesky i key, right next to the u, sorry

@Taylor Neir

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  21. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Rancor Pit

The two yellow sabers clashed with the padawan's own blue ones. Tay's feet touched down and he held the position momentarily before leaping backwards, in a somersault onto one of the mounds putting some distance between the two beings. Tay stood with his left saber ahead of his chest whilst his right laid behind in a reverse grip, his knees slightly bent and his eyes narrowed in the direction of the padawan.

OOC: Sorry it took me so long.

22. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager VIP - Game Winner

Apr 15, 2019
    IC: The Pitmaster
    Rancor Pit

A cold smile crossed the Pitmaster's face as he continued to observe the duel. One fingernail tapped against the still charged staff of office, the risen dunes of sand collapsing on the Pit floor, smoothing it for several moments, letting the two Jedi see each other clearly. That was, until the sands began to move again, the floor becoming constantly moving waves of sand, constant but random, some peaks rising only to suddenly disappear again, wave crests canceling each other out.

And then...he nodded, the smile becoming a grim one. To the spectators it was obvious as his head turned, lookig towards where a rumble was sounding along one curve of the walls. A large section of the wall rose almost twenty meters off the floor of the Pit. A deep, thrumming rumble came from the dark opening. Even the moving sands shivered as the rumble became an echoing roar. The roar charged the air as a massive form caused even more shivers in the sand as it stepped out of the opening, Fluffy had been released.

TAGS: @Taylor Neir, @study888

Silvertough likes this.
  23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis
    Pit audience

Adalia frowned, wondering if this was necessary for a training duel, but when her precious Rancor was now set free, she stood.

"Put her away right now.....I'll not have anyone attacking my rancor or her being blamed for harming someone!" She stated clearly.

TAG @darthbernael

24. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC: Pitmaster
    Rancor Pit

"You left her in our care, Jedi Master." The Pitmaster intoned calmly. "They needed an added challenge, she's been fed so will not eat any of them, and as you can see, her claws are capped so she cannot hurt either of them, much. With their sabers on training level they also cannot truly hurt her."

He arched an eyebrow as he spoke, to see if the Jedi would end the duel of the two below over this or allow them to adapt to the added challenge.

Silvertough likes this.
  25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis
    Pit

"No,....I think you misunderstand, she is a pet and I only left her here as the previous owner promised to care for her like a pet. I'll not have her afraid of blades or those who live in the temple with me.......as I'd not set a pet Lothcat lose in here. Pet...not weapon."

TAG @darthbernael