main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Taylor Neir

Taylor Neir Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2022
    IC: Taylor Neir
    Rancor Pit

Tay looked behind him as the Rancor was released and looked up towards the jedi Master as she spoke.

"We had to bring Lothcats into this why?" Tay asked Master Durron.

"Like seriously you could've choosen any creature, why a Lothcat?" Tay added before turning to his padawan.

"Altho our blades are set to training, try your best to avoid Fluffy. And also try to remain clear of her. We do not need her catching one of us." Taylor said holding one blade to his left, the tip hovering just above the sand whilst the other he had clipped to his belt.

"Pitmaster, is Fluffy really nesscerary here. This is simply for me to see where my padawan is in terms of his training. I don't see the point of bringing a Rancor into this. Much less Master Durron's pet." Taylor said as he addressed the final person that had a say in this.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @study888, @darthbernael

2. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC: The Pitmaster
    Rancor Pit

An amused chuckle drifted over the sands, coming from the tall figure on his podium. "If Fluffy is truly Master Durron's pet then what do you have to fear? I simply added an extra element to the duel." Another chuckle came forth, "However, if these are truly complaints the Jedi Master did come up with a better alternative..."

As he spoke, Fluffy's head swung as she tried to see whatever else was in the Pit. At seeing the colors of the lightsabers it made the young Rancor think it might be her owner, at least one of them. Letting out a deep but happy trumpet of sound she began to bound across the shifting sands to get cuddles from what she thought was her owner.

TAGS: @Taylor Neir, @study888, @Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron and Taylor Neir like this.
  3. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    IC:Taylor Neir
    Rancor Pit

"An extra element? The only element that was added was not getting crushed by a gaint Rancor." Tay replied.

"Hence why I tend to stick with the smaller fluffy creatures."Tay said to himself as Fluffy made a deep but happy trumpet sound. Taylor turned his head as the Rancor came forward.

"You gotta be kidding me." Tay said as the Rancor drew closer. Taylor leapt to the side to avoid getting trampled by the Rancor, deactivating the yellow blade in the process.

TAG: @darthbernael

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis
    Pit

Stands and leaps over barrier, landing gently before the beast, one hand lifted. "Slow Fluffy.....it's me...here....slow."

The animal does as she asks and slobbers on his lips as it sits like an over sized dog.

"Go back, come with me." She walks past and guides the animal back to where it came from, vowing to bring her back to the Temple again.

TAG @darthbernael @Taylor Neir @study888

5. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    The Pitmaster
    Rancor Pit

The tall figure pinched the bridge of his nose as the Jedi Master led Fluffy towards the exit. A sigh was cut off as a second roar came from the darkness of the opening still in the wall. At the sound his eyes narrowed, "Okay, what idiot of a beast trainer let Spike out too..." he muttered under his breath. The runes glowed on his staff, the opening slamming shut in an instant, before the faces of Fluffy and the Jedi Master.

"Apologies, Jedi Master, but if you are wishing to keep Fluffy unharmed it may be wiser to remain in the Pit for the moment, someone let out Spike, the adolescent yet hungry nexu."

Adalia-Durron and Taylor Neir like this.
  6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis
    Pit

Turns and moves to stand in front of her Rancor, "don't make me defend against ....this Spike....I'll not have him harm me, nor Taylor or Study.......or Fluffy." She stands relaxed, her tone even.

TAG @Taylor Neir @study888 @darthbernael

7. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Rancor Pit

Taylor looked from the jedi Master, to his padawan and up to the pitmaster. He was quite literally in the middle of the three of them. If there's one thing he admired about the members of the order it was how similar yet differant they were both at the same time. No two members of the jedi order were the same, yeah they may have had similar experiences and the near enough the same training but they were still very diverse and Taylor like that about the order. Taylor himself had trained under a member of the council but that didn't mean that his treatment was any differant to say, his padawan or any other for that matter. Tay admired how calm and Master Durron was. Even now. Very few people had actually used Taylor's full first name but he wasn't about to say anything. Instead he just looked back up at the pitmaster.

TAG: @study888, @Adalia-Durron, @darthbernael

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
    Sarge and Adalia-Durron like this.
  8. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC: The Pitmaster
    Rancor Pit

One long fingered hand waved languidly at the now closed portal, "Master Jedi, why do you think I closed the portal before Spike managed to enter the arena?" his voice still was mostly calm but then he noticed the Knight peering up at him. The runes began to flare in waves, from the base of his staff to the top.

"You requested the duel, it is still ongoing, even though the conditions have changed, as a true fight would have. Even if..." the attention of the Pitmaster flicked to Adalia and then back, "the conditions were otherwise changed as well. Now," he straightened, "tell me, do you not trust your Master to keep her pet away while you continue? What other reason would you be seeking my attention while your fellow duelist stands there, unobserved by you?" His voice was flat, emotionless, it was the Pit and he was Pitmaster, his word was...law.

TAGS: @Adalia-Durron, @Taylor Neir, @study888

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis
    Pit

"He's right.....Fluffy will do as I say, you may continue with your duel, I can watch from here and spend time with my girl." Adalia smiled.

TAG @Taylor Neir @study888 @darthbernael

darthbernael likes this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sarge
    The Pit

[​IMG]

The Blademaster jumped into the Pit, moving lightly and easily despite his full suit of armor. He positioned himself with his back to the nexu portal and gestured toward his fellow Jedi. "Feel free to continue if you wish. I'll observe from here and ensure no one interferes with our training."

TAGS: @Adalia-Durron, @Taylor Neir, @study888

11. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Rancor Pit

"Anyone else feel like jumping in now." Tay asked smiling slighty. Taylor reignited his saber, the yellow blade extending from the hilt as Taylor turned his attention back to where it should be. On his padawan.

"Now that the little intervention, let's call it, has been dealt with let's continue." Taylor said holding his blade in a form III stance. One arm ahead if him whilst his other held the weapon above his head pointed towards the padawan.

12. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    IC study888
    The Rancor Pit

While all this had been happening, study had waited patiently in a Jedi Meditation. Now he got up, ignited one of his sabers (his left one was now clipped to his utility belt, and since he was not practiced at Form III stance, he tried to imitate what his Master was doing, although rather poorly, reminded of how Obi Wan always did that in the legends of the Clone Wars Masters, then he lunged forward and swung for Tay's right shoulder.

@Taylor Neir

13. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Rancor Pit

Taylor stepped to the side as the padawan came forward and quickly deflected his padawan's lightsaber with his own. Taylor brought his saber around, swinging towards the padawan's waist.

TAG: @study888

14. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    IC: study888
    Rancor Pit
    study sidestepped to the right and pivoted his saber down to block the blow, then Force pulled his left-hand saber from his belt, ignited it and brought it down hard toward Tay's right shoulder.

@Taylor Neir

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    Taylor Neir and Adalia-Durron like this.
  15. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Rancor Pit

Taylor blocked the strike coming down on his shoulder. Taylor unclipped and ignited his second saber bringing it around towards the left of Study's waist whilst his right one continued to hold Study's second saber.

TAG: @study888

16. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    Rancor pit

Study parried the blow with his right hand saber then leapt back ten meters, holding up his sabers with one saber, the right, pointed inwards toward his left saber which he held up and at a slight angle, feet apart, right foot slightly ahead of the left foot. He breathed in and out and then said: "We've been duelling for about ten minutes and neither has gained the upper hand over the other. Maybe Darth Bernael could give us another factor to make this more.....interesting. What about stun firing battle droids?"

@Taylor Neir
    @Adalia-Durron
    @darthbernael

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
  17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Taylor Neir likes this.
  18. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Rancor Pit

Tay listened to the padawan's suggestion and he had to admit he was impressed. He smiled slighty before agreeing with the two jedi.

"I agree with you Study. Good suggestion fair play." Taylor agreed before turning to the pitmaster.

"What do you say, care to make things...interesting"

TAG: @study888, @darthbernael, @Adalia-Durron

19. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    The Pitmaster
    Rancor Pit

At the request from the Knight, the Pitmaster shook his head, the corners of his mouth turning up fractionally. Turning his attention away from the pair he frowned for a moment, taking in the two Jedi Masters, one uselessly guarding the closed door and one giving attention to the rancor, Fluffy. He’d provided one distraction and then another, the second not being able to be used as the Masters had intervened.

His gaze returned to the dueling pair, his staff flaring with energy as he peered at them. A curt nod came from him. “Droids you request…” he murmured.

The butt of the staff tapped on the platform, a sound ringing out from it across the Pit. When the sound died down a mechanical sound filled the air. The Pitmaster nodded in the direction of the Pit opposite the two Masters.

[​IMG]

“...Droids you shall receive.”

Four of the droids were spread out in an arc, their blasters in their hands, coming up to aim at the Knight and Padawan.

One of the center droids lifted its head, looking up at the Pitmaster. ”Bzzzt…Query Master…Why have you brought us to face these Meatbags?”

The other three spread out more, already firing on the two Jedi.

TAGS: @Taylor Neir, @study888

Taylor Neir likes this.
  20. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    IC: Study888
    The Rancor Pit

study got in front of his Master and began deflecting the blaster bolts from the HK Assassin Droids back at the droids. They dodged the bolts, and continued firing as study continued deflecting them back at them.

@Taylor Neir

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    @study888 - controlling the characters the pitmaster has introduced is a no no....called Godmodding and we don't do it.
    If @darthbernael wishes to control his droids, he will do it. You can only deflect at them ;)

Taylor Neir and darthbernael like this.
  22. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    OOC: Thanks for bringing my padawan up on that Master Durron.

Rancor Pit

Taylor stepped to the side and began to deflect the attacks from the droids with both sabers. He was well used to it by now and he could use one saber but where was the fun in that? The blaster bolts were deflected by Tay's sabers and raced towards the droids.

23. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    The Pitmaster
    Rancor Pit

A small nod was given in the direction of the Jedi Master, eyes still on the duel below. Fingers tapped out a gentle rhythm on the staff as the Pitmaster watched.

Flares of light showed when the reflected bolts impacted close in defensive screens on two of the four droids. The other two crouched as the bolts came racing back towards them, diving upwards and sideways at the same time. The hemisphere of droids widened, the center empty, the outer droids closer to the two senior Jedi now.

Each began to stalk forward, crossing the still roiling sands of the Pit, firing and moving in randomized strides to keep the dueling Jedi from knowing exactly where they'd be, if a bolt was reflected again. As they moved their blasters turned to autofire, spitting out shot after shot.

TAGS: @Taylor Neir, @study888

24. study888

Jul 16, 1999
    OOC: study888 I am so, so sorry, Master Adalia-Durron. , Darth Bernael, I wasn't thinking properly, it won't happen again.

The Rancor Pit

study launched himself at the nearest droid and spun around, deflecting bolts as he spun, and aimed directly for the junction between the HK Droid's head and body.

@Adalia-Durron
    @Taylor Neir
    @darthbernael

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    has fallen asleep........