main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Thriller The Reckoning

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by HanSolo29 , May 25, 2018.

1. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane
    Blackrock, Nevada

It was over, she put two rounds into Malcolm's chest and watched him die again. There was a sense of accomplishment of finanality in watching him fall. Jane ducked down feeling the force of the grenade closing her eyes and letting time tick by. One second, two seconds, time hadn't reset, Kawin was still alive. She moved from her hiding spot moving up to him and Chad. Checking them over for injuries a large dust cloud came pouring out, far more than a granade would generate.

"HE IS HERE!" Anna's voice was heard from the corridor.

"Oh no." Kawin muttered as Jane helped him to his feet. "That's not good. For any of us."

"Nope." She checked her pistol checking the number of rounds she had left. "Looks like their god was stronger than ours." Looking to Kawin she smiled a little, always seemed to be them at the end. It was fitting. Bringing her pistol up she let out a breath. "I'm not running away this time."
    :
    TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @DarkLordoftheFins

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Black Rock, Underground, Mojave Desert, Nevada

Command Center

The door behind Jane opened and General Taylor stepped out it. "Try the knife. Bullets are not working on him." He gave Jane a sad smile. "Doubt knives will, but never got around to try those." He leaned against the frame and looked around. He was now in his full green uniform of an US Five Star General.

Steps were heard from the dust cloud. Slowly, patiently coming closer.

"There is also time to run." Taylor remarked. "Just in case you haven't realized, you ran into a trap. There is no nuclear bomb dropping here, no vaccine left and no Anna Talbott will save your day. The President is most likely dead by now and if not he won't life much longer. Alpha did this before. He is just rewinding events. And now he got what he needed to complete his endgame." Taylor looked at Kawin. "You."

Chad readied his G36 assault rifle again and looked at the dust. "Bullets might not work, but we got infinite tries to find out what does." He said with grim determination.

Taylor laughed. "No you don't. He ..." The man stopped talking and turned to the dust cloud.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422, @Mitth_Fisto, @RachelTyrell (after the others Update pls)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Black Rock, Mojave Desert - Nevada

Listening to Taylor he felt a sense of dread as he reached up to push his glasses back into proper position. Those last words set his teeth on edge, "Chad." He simply sighed looking back, patting a hand on his hip. "Jane. Run." he simply sighed as he began shuffle drag - stepping forward behind the General. "General. Thank you." It was sad really, they had come for a vaccine, they had come for a traitor, and they had ended up with only dust and regret upon their hands. That had killed bad guys, they had acted instead of merely hiding and waiting out what was to come. In the end though, he had lost something in the journey. From call tech at an oil company whose biggest problem was legal issues with his divorce and trusting women and dreaming of next seasons hunting trip, to running scared for his life hoping and praying to just survive, to being a paralyzed secret agent whose biggest goal in life was to walk and not be a burden on others nor let them down, and now? Now he was just a man standing underground about to face someone labeled as the same tier as a friend, a friend that was troubled merely for being so.

With that he pulled his .22 and squeezed the trigger twice where the man's heart should be before dropping his gun to the ground. It had hurt, but the man was a traitor, not just of the country but of morality and humanity to partake in genocide. "God have mercy on you, on us all." he simply whispered. Reaching back for his knife he closed his eyes. Focusing, finding that spot that was just off. Pushing for what he was able, he was no mastermind of the future, but if he strained he would know, should know the next five minutes. Not much, not much at all. Rarely mattered he had learned to do this, but now as he felt a bead of sweat that had nothing to do with temperature trickle down his forehead he knew he had to. Another rolled down his cheek, a delayed morning for what he had done, for the man he used to be. Only now he had to put away the past, and focus on what was coming. To see if he could see. See a way.

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins , @galactic-vagabond422 , @RachelTyrell

4. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2009
    Anna Talbott and a friend
    Black Rock Underground

Anna leaned against the wall, looking at the cloud of dust with hollow eyes as it settled.

A wave of pain went through her and she looked at the wound in her stomach. It was hard to endure the hollow feeling. Blood was making it's way through her fingers and slowly spread to made it's way down her shirt, creating a growing red stain.

Then there was a man. She recognized him. She knew his face. LEGO looked down at her with a sympathetic smile.

She looked back with tears in her eyes. "They are all dead." She whispered, fighting to control her voice. LEGO or Sebastian as the others had called him was slowly kneeling next to her giving her a smile of sympathy.

"The world has fallen. Yes." He said.

"So have I. I have failed and I have fallen." She now felt her tears running over her cheeks.

"Have you?" Sebastian sighed.

"Yes. Yes I dammit have! And don't you dare to tell me to get up! Don't you dare! I do not even feel my feet." She now grew angry. No it was really fear channeling into fury. All he gave her was a sad smile.

"Can you save me?" She almost begged, but somehow she knew if he could he would have already.

"What is this?" He pointed to her wound.

"A deadly wound. Obviously." She hissed and wondered if he was serious. Did he wanted to waste her last moments playing games? No. No. He was not the kind of guy to play games.

"The blood is flowing from a wound. It is blood moving through space and time. The blade that hurt you was metal moving through time and space into a body who did not wanted it to enter. The organs it sliced, that was nothing but a sharp blade rearranging forcefully your organs in a way that they could not function anymore. In space. Even if you die, that will be your brainwaves ending to move through space ... and time." He leaned forward. She did not understand.

"Yes. But ..." Sebastian raised his hand to silence her.

"Have you been good at chemistry? Or physics in school?" He asked. She shook her head.

"A shame, because then you would know everything, really everything in existence consists of protons, electrons and neutrons and their movement through space and ... TIME." He looked at her.

Anna opened her eyes. "I don't understand." She gasped in pain. Sebastian smiled and nodded. He leaned closer in like a man flirting with you in a club. She took in his smell. He smelled like death.

"It is only time, Anna. Only time." Sebastian finally whispered.

And she ... finally ... understood.

She controlled time. Did he imply ...

Looking down at her wound she closed her eyes and gasped out. She felt the blood reverse the flood, felt the organs move, attach themselves to each other. It was not even hard. It was only time. The wound closed. She almost collapsed forward as she felt the pain of the attack and then this one also vanished. Sebastian had grabbed her in time and she looked up to him, touching her belly and finding nothing but a dry t-shirt there.

"That is incredible." She gasped. Sebastian gave her a dry laughter.

"If you find that one incredible, I can't wait to see what you say about what you are gonna do next." He smiled down at her. "You do not think it stops there, do you?"

"Time." She looked at him and he nodded.

"Only time." Sebastian nodded back.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  5. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Blackrock, Nevada

"Jane. Run." Kawin said looking to her, the scar on her back began to itch something it didn't do often she knew she should follow his instructions, that she should just get out of there. There was nothing here, no vaccine, no nuke on it's way there was nothing to be gained. They would be throwing their lives away, for nothing. But what would running away get them? What would her fleeing for her life accomplish? They would just live in a wasteland, a world on fire. While on the outside she pretended not to care where the world went...she couldn't see a place for herself in those ashes. She wouldn't rule over them...he would Alpha would.

There was no where for her to go, nothing for her to do. They had already lost and she wasn't going to runaway again. She did that once, at the time it was what she always did. Leave a mess and walk away without consequences. This felt different. This was it, the last chances they had to end this threat. She might as well be here to finish it.

"No, I won't run...not this time." She drew her knife and took a place near to Kawin. It was stupid and sentimental, and she knew it but she couldn't see another way...and deep down she didn't want to leave Kawin to die...again.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @DarkLordoftheFins @RachelTyrell

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  6. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007

Command Center

The General collapsed dead to the ground and his final look had been surprise.

Chad sighed at this, still a cop inside. He had to accept he was not anymore. "Okay, I disagree. Fight another day. I take lead." He raised his G36, the probably most deadly of their weapons and was about to enter the dust when he suddenly collapsed. Kawin saw blood coming from his nose. He was obviously dead.

"My time machine!" The voice laughed as a blonde man in simple black combat closing and a beige trenchcoat left the cloud of dust and grinned at Kawin.

"I know for you this is our first meeting, but for me it is like meeting an old friend so forgive me my sentimentalism. We spend so much time together. Also most of it you were barely able to speak. Not very responsive anyway. More like a rotting brain in a loop imprisoned in a crippled body. Well at least until we hit 2017. Afterwards you were healthy. Your body was. Your brain ... never got anything out of our long talks really." He laughed. Then he turned to Jane.

"Usually you try to kill me now and then I kill him. For the first time." Alpha, that was clearly the identity of the new arrival turned to Kawin again and his smile froze.

"Shall we begin?" He waited for Jane to make her move obviously.

@galactic-vagabond422, @Mitth_Fisto, @RachelTyrell

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  7. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Anna Talbott and Sebastian LEGO Stein
    Black Rock Underground

Anna looked at her hands and then at LEGO. Alpha was still here, but with LEGO they would have a chance to beat him.

"But what would that be good for? Hm? The vaccine is gone, the virus out there ... it would have mutated anyway. Even with the vaccine you would just have saved some more but not that many." It was as if he knew what she wanted to tell him.

"So he won?" Anna was not ready to accept it. She had just returned from the dead, there was no way she would accept defeat. No. "There is a way is there?"

LEGO smiled at her and sighed. "There is. He won three years ago. Three years ago before I got my powers and could see him he destroyed a lab in Nevada and stole the Black Doctor." He stepped back. "It took me a while to figure it out. He travels back in time. He travels back in time to the point I cannot go. There he sets everything in motion. Hidden under the surface of all our conflicts he waited three years for his Reckoning to take shape."

Anna closed her eyes. Three years ago. Only time ...

"My powers are older than that. I had them from birth he told me. But you already knew that did you?" Anna asked. LEGO nodded with an unbearable sadness in his eyes.

"That is why you send me the message ... the streetart wishing me luck. You knew I could stop him." She realized he had known all of this. He confirmed only with a nod.

"What about the others?" She asked and looked into their direction.

"I will make sure Alpha does not do anymore harm." LEGO calmly said. "At least I will make it a fair fight." He took out an USB drive and handed it to Jane. "Some useful info. Use it as you see fit. But for this I demand one thing of you ..."

Anna took the USB and looked at him. "Anything."

LEGO smiled. "There are two of him in that time. One at Antville Alaska and one in Nevada. Kill both. He cannot be contained."

Anna looked up at him and nodded.

"And Anna, keep me from meeting the others. Keep me from coming to the US. Keep me from becoming ... this. Kill me if you have to, but please do not allow this to happen." He looked at her seriously.

"Okay." She said and also she had just met him, she wondered if that was a wise choice. He would know better. She had to trust him. "I promise."

LEGO, Sebastian smiled at her. "Good luck Anna Talbott!" He smiled and she was gone ... just like this. He sighed. He knew what it meant to be a lonely God in a world and he knew he had doomed her to find out herself. She was a better person than him. A better choice. So he had done what he had promised Maria. He had given the world a chance.

Anna opened her eyes and stood in the desert ...

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  8. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Blackrock, Nevada

Her heart rang in her ears as the dust thickened, it jumped as Chad fell to the ground. She gripped her knife tighter letting out a breath she could almost feel something coming. This would be it the last fight for her and Kawin, unless something changed. She was confident that she could fight, that was never in doubt. The question was could she fight this. Their ace was out, though she doubted Chad would have been able to stop Alpha. Thought it was curious that Alpha just killed him on the spot and left her alive. There was a chance. She guessed that was maybe why the dust. To block his sight, it only works once he sees someone. Alpha was smart enough not to let the one man would could stop him see him. Jane's eyes don't move from the encroaching dust. As it almost coalesced into a being there was no question as to who it was.

This was Alpha...this was the end. It took all her control not to let her blade waver to shake in her hands as she stared down the most powerful man in the world.

"Shall we begin?" He asked her heart was nearly in her throat. She knew what she was going to do, or at the very least try. And it pained her...what she was planning. Though it was the only way...at least the only way she saw…

In a flash she stepped behind Kawin and moved to slash his throat. The window would be tight but she might be able to pull it off...she only hoped he would let her...and that he could forgive her…

"It'll be quick…" She whispered into his ear as she drew her blade across his neck.

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins @Mitth_Fisto (Jane's actions approved by player.)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Jane didn't run. Alpha came. Chad died. The threats and implications of the enemies words haunted his mind. He was resolved to fight, surely there had to be a way. Maybe if he reset and shielded Chad? Or reset and they ran to choose a better spot to stand and fight at? There had to be another way. There had to be. Only the horror of it was gripping his mind, the terror of the moment and the cold dread that was settling within him, whispering that this guy was right.

Only then he felt the cold steel on his damp skin as Jane spoke to him. She wasn't running. Thank the Lord, she wasn't running. On his own he knew he likely never could beat this thing that was Alpha. With her help though, with her help. . .maybe. Surely there was a way. Surely?

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 , @DarkLordoftheFins

10. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007

Command Center

Alpha smiled and then vanished in a blur. It happened so fast, Kawin barely could perceive it and the attacking Jane slid his throat and just as his ability to breath was taken from him she vanished in a cloud of blood and shattered bones as Alpha bended time and space to move right through her. There was not even pain for her. She never felt or perceived anything.

Before any thought of reset could be processed by Kawin he felt a slight pressure inside his head ... and died.

Rewind

Five seconds earlier Chad stared at Kawin in shock and then collapsed right away. Alpha stepped again out of the dust cloud. Basically four seconds earlier than last time. He looked at Jane. "We did that quite a few times. I can tell you that you are much better with a knife ... and much worse at the whole space time continuum crap." He smiled and spread his arms. "Again?"

He enjoyed it. A powerful superhuman and tactical mastermind this grin betrayed his true nature. He was a sadist at heart.

@galactic-vagabond422, @Mitth-Fisto, @RachelTyrell

11. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Combined with Fins

Anna Talbott
    Desert

Anna opened her eyes and looked around. She was on the surface of the Black Rock installation and it was a ruin now. No work had been put into rearranging the pieces into a functioning facility.

Not yet.

She looked at her hands and smiled.

Only time ...

Sebastian was not there. Neither was Jane or Kawin or Chad or Alpha ... well Alpha was not that far away probably.

She took out her mobile and sighed with a smile. It worked, but the contract obviously did not. No reception obviously.

So she needed to get money, a phone, a ride and prepare. Anna had a time and date and she had a place.

With a sigh she began to walk and realized she would never go back. Her presence here alone had made the world she came from an impossibility.

---------

A day later she had got a prepaid sim-card and she made the call Sebastian had told her to make.

She was standing on the Main Street of Enterprise, Nevada and dialed a landline number in Alaska. It rang a few times until someone picked up.

"Hello, you do not know who I am, but I know who you are. So I give you a number of facts you don't have and then I need your help with something. The reason why you can't see the future beyond the year 2020 is it does not exist. The reason why you can look beyond 2017 is because you won't exist. Alpha has managed to escape in the future and uses another Gifted to travel back in time all the way to this year. If he is not stopped there is no future. None at all. He called it his Reckoning I believe? So are you gonna help or what?"

Tag: @SirakRomar, @DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins likes this.
  12. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Blackrock, Nevada

Jane had nothing left, no plans no theories no thoughts other than just attack. She wasn't going to let herself be broken, if it was her fate to die over and over again than so be it. She wasn't going to let this man win, not without a fight. Part of her knew she couldn't win, knew she wouldn't win. She just didn't want to give him the satisfaction of watching her give up.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @DarkLordoftheFins @RachelTyrell

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Jane killed him. Had killed him. Honestly as he caught his breath and saw Chad be vaporized again, he felt like it probably was the right move. Albeit one he could never bring himself to do. Only it hadn't worked. They were all still here. He focused now, as far back as he could, focused on five minutes. Five minutes back. As far back as he ever could.

Focused, as he stabbed himself in the heart. Planning to do so again, and again. Five minutes. Five more minutes. Five more minutes. He had to get far enough back. To run or to end it. Just to Chad, when Chad had life. Five minutes more.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 , @DarkLordoftheFins , @RachelTyrell