main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Redwall books - RIP Brian Jacques

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by moosemousse, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    They're definitely for a younger audience. I am looking forward to reading them with my son in a few years.

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    The thing about good youth fiction is that it's suitable for all ages. I enjoy the Redwall books and I'll enjoy them again if I ever get to reread them. Unfortunately I have an ever growing mountain of books to read.

I was really saddened to hear of his passing. :(

3. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    Im very sorry to hear this:( " Redwall " gave me immense joy when I was a kid.

4. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    All of this is true.

I heard about his passing about a week after the fact and was really quite devastated, because Redwall is one of my two favorite childhood series (the other is Animorphs) and I still enjoy them. It got me sad enough to make a post on the blog that I almost never update (it was only my second entry- 12 months after the first) to get the feelings out.

I still am in exactly the same position as before when I posted in 2009 (still need to finish Eulalia and Doomwyte...also need to buy the last two books- and it pains me to know that they will be the last two books). I think I should just reread them all and get to them after the others. It'll take a bit longer but it will be worth it to read them all again, especially since I recently replaced my old copies of Redwall, Mattimeo and Mariel of Redwall (although I still need to replace Salamandastron, which I seem to have misplaced).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.