main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Rise of Skywalker - Reviews/Reactions Thread (See Warning On Page 98)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthKegs, Dec 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    One great improvement for me is that I noticed how many slow moments this movie has. The pacing, which I initially thought was too fast, now just feels right. I guess on the first viewing, we are too scared/worried/tense, and on additional viewings, this tension/worry is replaced by PURE ENJOYMENT.

If you can watch it again, as uncle Palpatine says....DO IT ! :)

I am on Cloud 9 right now. I am so happy to be a Star Wars fan. I will cherish this moment, as I don't know how many years it will take for another Star Wars to be on the big screen again.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Moog, Grey Matter and Trooper100471 like this.
  2. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Laughs are one thing but I just cannot imagine people collectively standing up in a cinema and clapping during the actual film. Especially a SW film. I would be upset if I missed one second of the movie

3. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    And this is why leaks can be so dangerous. On paper the film doesn’t sound great. I hated the idea of Reylo and Bendemption but it really worked on screen.

4. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    On opening night, I had the same problem, a bunch of idiots who ruined the mood for everyone.

I hate when someone make loud comments on a theater.

I had another viewings with great audiences, the experience was exponentially better.

5. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So today i had my fourt viewing, and it almost comes to 10 for me, little pacing issues but other then that i love this movie right now it is 9.5/10. The best thing about this movie is the Rey and Kylo scenes, The Palpatine scenes, Leia scenes, Luke's scene. the prequel refferences, hearing the past jedi speak to Rey. the sith and force lore expanding. I will ay it's becomnig one of my faverites, It might surpass ROST as my faverite Star wars movie.

6. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    I would’ve been upset if I couldn’t see! The way the Disney Springs theater is set up is pretty great though, and that wasn’t an issue. I’ve never had so many people stand up to applaud during a movie, I’ll admit. It kind of helped my mood, though.

Trooper100471 likes this.
  7. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Every country must have their "thing" in theaters. In the US, it's the clappers. In Europe, it's the guys standing up and doing a dance. In SE Asia, it's calling/answering/texting/anything on their mobile. In Australia, it's the guys who have to audibly shout questions at the screen.

8. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Strong disagree here. In my eyes Anakin was never selfless and his want to resurrect her stemmed from his possessive love in wanting her to be with him. Saving her by sacrificing himself wouldn’t cross his mind because in that scenario he wouldn’t get to be with her afterwards.

That’s why the Sith could never discover the power of resurrection or immortality because of their self centered ideology. It’s about actions that benefit them. Self sacrifice does not benefit the Sith.

Ben’s sacrifice was about saving Rey - not for himself but for her.

Moog, Sarge, Ruffmeian and 1 other person like this.
  9. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    This turned out to be a blessing in disguise because if those early Leia scenes hadn't been deleted, there wouldn't be anything of her in TROS. Also, those scenes were cut not because JJ was worried that people would hear "senate" or "Republic" and freak out from prequel parallels but because he wanted Leia to have an emotional introduction like how Han and Luke both got one.

That I found outrageous to this day that Lucas was willing to change an entire plot point (and the most obvious one at that) because he ended up preferring what the typo looked like.

Darth__Lobot likes this.
  10. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I'll never understand clapping after a movie.... I'm always like "you know the people who made the movie aren't here in the theater with us right?"

It's a modern thing too.... I'm in my 40s and NO ONE did that when I was a kid.... I can't remember when exactly it started, but it's sometime in the last 20 years.

That being said, it's not that annoying (like say the people who all stand up immediately when the plane gets to the gate.... I'm always like "where are you going dude? This is row 20")

11. Trooper100471

Oct 20, 2015
    I've only experenced clapping after a movie once. My local cinema plays It's a Wonderful Life at christmas and after one showing there was a spontaneous riple of applause which turned into an ovation. I think people were just feeling happy and cheerful.

Clapping during a movie is crazy

12. Emperor McClane

Emperor McClane Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2019
    Fortunately I had a blast the first viewing, togerher with my son. We were talking about TRoS the way back home. For both of us it was a blast. Second time I went with a friend, he still enjoyed it. At the end some were applauding, the negative group was mocking it and commenting it. Strange behaviour. 3rd time will be another charm, just bought Tickets for the original English Version.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  13. Trooper100471

Oct 20, 2015
    Good luck trying any of those things at a Scottish cinema! People would be quick to tell you where to put your dancing/texting/clapping/shouting/talking

Moog, Sarge, Ruffmeian and 2 others like this.
  14. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    There must be a "thing" there too. There's always one.

15. Emperor McClane

Nov 21, 2019
    Haggis menues in a box with a Coke maybe? :D
    Just kidding around.

Sarge likes this.
  16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Weird way to decide I'm moving to Scotland, but here we are.

17. Trooper100471

Oct 20, 2015
    Of course there are but they are not entertained or encouraged. They would be told to in certain terms to be quite/sit down/turn phone off. It's a cinema. Not your sitting room

18. Trooper100471

Oct 20, 2015
    Don't be so silly. It would be an Irn Bru not a Coke...:cool:

Moog and Emperor McClane like this.
  19. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015
    Maybe that’s the problem!
    What’s a “sitting room”? :D:p;);)

20. Trooper100471

Oct 20, 2015
    Living room/front room/family room

Ruffmeian likes this.
  21. Trooper100471

Oct 20, 2015
    Nice one Pym

PymParticles likes this.
  22. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015
    Haha, I was just harassing you.

But kinda for real.

23. Emperor McClane

Nov 21, 2019
    To be honest in some German Cinemas we now have Sausage with beer menues in cardbord boxes. Way to go to be sterotypical. What now? do we germans have to start to cheer for the Emperor :D?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  24. Trooper100471

Oct 20, 2015
    Slapping myself on the hand. I've derailed this thread with nonsense. Let's get back to those reviews!!

25. Trooper100471

Oct 20, 2015
    Sausage and beer. What's not to like?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.