main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka The score of Ahsoka

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Aug 22, 2023.

1. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Force Ghost star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    Can’t wait to hear the music. I’ve always loved Kiner’s SW scores so much. No one can pen a theme like Williams can but Kiner comes pretty darn close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ody_Mandrell

Ody_Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 28, 2003
    It's up on Spotify and YouTube.

SuperPersch likes this.
  3. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Indeed. Kiner delivered some good operatic themes in TCW’s varying episodes, and his work in Season 7 is subtle, haunting, and poignant. Music rarely makes me tear up, but his in Season 7 did.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  4. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2020

Punk!!!

5. SuperPersch

Apr 25, 2004
    Having listened to the score last night and today, I must say I’m extremely impressed at what the Kiner team is doing here. I’ve loved Kiner’s music from the opening notes of the CW movie and it’s only gotten better from there. Hearing these incredible cues with full orchestra is a dream come true.

What are some of y’all’s favorite tracks from volume 1? Difficult to say for me, as I love them all, but here are a few that currently stand out to me:
    Master & Apprentice
    The New Republic
    Igyah Kah
    More Than Just Your Eyes
    The Whale Pod
    Meet Up with Baylan
    Ahsoka and Baylan
    Do It

Okay I actually was typing out the whole track list so that’s my edited list. Whatever. But I’m definitely going to obnoxiously send my composer “The Whale Pod” like
    [​IMG]

Ghost Ryder likes this.
  6. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Guess we can hope for a Volume 2 bonus track, like Train Heist and The Bonfire in BOBF.

I agree on pretty much all of those. Other standouts for me so far:

The Map
    Ezra's Recording
    Should Have Been a Good Jedi
    Studying the Orb
    Done Enough
    Opening the Map
    Sabine's Armor

Happy Sando and SuperPersch like this.
  7. SuperPersch

Apr 25, 2004
    Good picks

I’m also really glad they included the recap music. It’s very different in utility than the rest of the score, I always perk up when one of those comes on

Ghost Ryder likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Kiner made a huge quality jump in TCW season 7 and now Ahsoka. It’s incredible how much better these two scores are than his previous work. Bravo.

Ghost Ryder likes this.
  9. Ghost Ryder

Jan 16, 2016
    I'll add Not Gifted as at least an honorable mention; I think it's the only track that keeps a laid-back mood throughout.

10. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    He’s always been good. The Clone Wars movie soundtrack is excellent, and that was his first SW

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He was OK before. Now he’s fantastic. It’s OK for composers to get better throughout their careers. Indeed, that’s to be encouraged.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  12. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Kevin Kiner soo good, i could see him take over after John Wlliams.

SuperPersch likes this.
  13. Co-Pilot

Co-Pilot Jedi Padawan

Jun 20, 2021
    I finished listening to all of Vol 1 and pretty much nothing stood out to me, unfortunately. I don't think any of it was bad, it's perfectly fine background music for setting the mood of each scene, but nothing I really want to listen to on its own.

This last episode was the first time all season that I felt like that, so I'm definitely looking forward to Vol 2.

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’ve always felt that a score should not really work “on its own” as its job is to accompany moving images and sounds, not be an independent piece of music. Indeed, I often find scores that work too well on their own to feel overbearing in the film or show it accompanies.

15. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Shame about that missing cue. It's conspicuous in its absence from such a comprehensive release; had there been a couple other missing cues, I wouldn't have minded as much. Feels awful to be complaining after being so well-fed by this album, though. As others have noted, here's hoping it's an accidental oversight, and that it's released as a bonus track on the second volume (given how crucial the Book of Boba bonus tracks were).

I haven't had the chance to listen through the whole thing yet. I'm only up to 'The Whale Pod' as I type this, but thusfar I'm having a purrgil of a time listening to these masterpieces in isolation. Having briefly glanced at the track listing, I'll likely end up deleting 'Igyah Kah (Demo)' when I come to merge both volumes. There's always one!

16. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

CloneGunnerCommanderJedi Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2016
    I'm very confused at the inclusion of that and not David Glen Russell's missing cue... Surely an actual score cue should take precident over a source demo, especially if the actual source cue is already included! The inclusion of the demo suggested that everything was already included and it was added purely to ensure it was truly complete, but I guess not.

Happy Sando likes this.
  17. Happy Sando

Jun 23, 2023
    Quoted for truth. I get that some of the source stuff is popular, but I'm forever weeding it out of my playlists. Having it take the place of an important cue (if that's indeed what has happened here) really stings. Fingers tightly crossed for a fix in Volume 2.

Having now made it through the entire album (and then starting it again) I have too many highlights to, um... well, to highlight. From the stark piano chords in 'Master and Apprentice' to the escalating chaos of 'Assassin Ambush', 'You Don't Know That' and 'Can't Follow Us', the pomp of 'Where is Sabine?', the drama of 'Ahsoka and Baylan', the comforting majesty of 'The New Republic' and 'Watch Me', and the throwback to a decidedly animated vibe with 'Enemies Are Multiplying', it's all just too darn good.

Kevin Kiner and his family were always top spot contenders in my eyes, but they're giving Joseph Shirley a serious run for his money with this.

SuperPersch and Ghost Ryder like this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Why would you delete Igyah Kah? Great song.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
  19. Happy Sando

Jun 23, 2023
    I'm not exactly a fan of its musical genre. It fits the scene and Sabine's character very well, though, so that's why I'll only delete the demo track. I'll keep the version that's actually used in the show (Track #7) but I can live without its unnecessary reprise.

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Got it. Yeah, at least the track used in the show.

Happy Sando likes this.
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    I believe this track is the opening title for the series. Does a great job at establishing the tone in contrast with the bombastic trumpet blasting and horns of the traditional opening crawl.

SuperPersch and Bor Mullet like this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Brilliant track.

SuperPersch likes this.
  23. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I figure this thread is somewhat appropriate enough to drop a couple of songs by Illuminati Hotties.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Ghost Ryder

Jan 16, 2016
    I had thought I'd be deleting one of the versions (based on instances from other artists) but I ended up finding them sufficiently different and liking both.

Happy Sando and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s a very addictive tune.