main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka The score of Ahsoka

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Aug 22, 2023.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Latest episode sounded like Kiner trying to channel Howard Shore.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Also, the organ has arrived! And fittingly (thinking of certain Hans Zimmer scores), I got a slight Flying-Dutchman vibe from the Chimaera.

3. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Was a little disappointed that Thrawn's theme's original version played only a little bit at the end of the episode.

4. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    What this show needs is a trippy space travel scene set to Journey Into the Star Cluster. I don't care if it's completely derivative of the Rebels scene. I want it.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    I'm sure we'll be hearing more of it in the coming weeks (and years; I have a feeling Thrawn isn't going anywhere for a while).

6. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I was hoping to see Anna von Hausswolff's name in the music credits. Her music is very organ-centric.
    Her album Ceremony is brilliant from start to finish. She also has an album titled Dead Magic, which I'm sure would be a favorite amongst the Nightsisters.

7. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I really like how Thrawn's themes are primal and ominous. Very fitting. Thrawn is a cerebral individual, but his military tactics are superior to those of Sidious and Vader. Thus, he can inflict more damage on the enemy. As such, the music is in character.

Not saying his political tactics are superior to those from Sidious, however.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  8. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Igyah Kah is my fave "I have no idea what any of this means but hook it to my veins " since Sugaana Essena from Fallen Order

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Ahsoka is the first TV show, or movie, that motivated me to upgrade my sound system. I'm listening to E6 right now and it's even more amazing blasted loud.

I'd be shocked if the sound design and score don't win all the awards.

SuperPersch likes this.
  10. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

CloneGunnerCommanderJedi Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2016
    Was not expecing this music to be referenced in the final:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
  11. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Yeah, I was already emotional thanks to the episode's last shot, and then that music kicked in and... well, gosh darn it, I was gone.

12. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
  13. Ghost Ryder

Jan 16, 2016
    Getting a nitpick out of the way: I kinda wish the cover art had been something with the white outfit.

That aside, this looks great! Hopefully the different credits piece is included (presumably in Epilogue Part II). I'm curious about Thrawn's Arrival (29), or at least the placement of it, seemingly in between the end of Part 6 and the recap in Part 7.

ShinSkywalker likes this.
  14. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I haven't gotten a soundtrack in years (probably since LotR) but I got this immediately. Can't wait for the 2nd half. I love the part where Elsbeth is being transformed: deep notes with some chanting in the background.

Ghost Ryder likes this.
  15. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

CloneGunnerCommanderJedi Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2016
    I've gone through the volume 2 soundtrack! Here's my spreadsheet.

Interstingly Thrawn's Arrival is seemingly an alternate for his arrival in episode 6! (It matches the scene very well) Explains it being at the end of the tracks for that episode. (00:00-03:40 of Grand Admiral Thrawn is the used cue)

It is missing 1 cue from episode 7:
    03:56-06:08 C-3PO senate scene (02:12).

I'm gald that David Glen Russell's missing cue from episode 2 was included but with another cue being missing, this time without another soundtrack release for it to be included, is disppointing... We can only hope the composer releases it themselves otherwise this will just remain incomplete.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
    Happy Sando and ShinSkywalker like this.
  16. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
  17. ShinSkywalker

ShinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 23, 2023
    Just a fantastic soundtrack overall which I think was an absolute necessity for this show and the way it handled telling some of its story through subtext and acting. The Kiners are incredible at what they do, and I think this soundtrack elevated the show consistently. Will be listening to much of it constantly for years to come.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not anymore lol.

19. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Force Ghost star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    Fully agree. They wrote so many cues that are instantly iconic. I’m listening to volume 2 right now and am stricken by the shift in instrumentation to underpin the more spiritual nature of the second half of the season. Just really fab stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghost Ryder likes this.
  20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The score is out. I don't remember the last time music put me in such a great mood as the Whale scene. WOW!

Honestly Lord of the Rings-level from Kiner

Last edited: Oct 6, 2023
    Ghost Ryder and Bor Mullet like this.
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    Remix of "Thrawn's Web" from Rebels

22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Only SW show where I watched the credits every time just for the music.

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. Ghost Ryder

Jan 16, 2016
    Likewise, though I was getting there starting with Ahsoka's theme. I love that the Kiners drew from the alternate track for Twilight of the Apprentice. It feels like closing a chapter for Ahsoka that started with that episode, though with the more cathartic tone that really resonates here.

Yeah, this is another one that gets to me even without watching the scene.

Happy Sando likes this.
  24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    Amazing how close this is to something John Williams may have written. Perhaps just a hint too much low string, but that's Kiner's signature.

Oooh, here's another good one: "Nobody more than Kanan" or at least something so similar its too much to not think about. (it's also similar to the Sabine Theme 2 so maybe more of that) And I think this was when Ezra was making his new lightsaber. Going to have to go back and watch that scene again.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2023
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Right up there with Mando.