main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka The score of Ahsoka

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Aug 22, 2023.

1. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    After giving everything a listen, I definitely like the score overall, although there are fewer standout cues to me than in the scores of the other series. I absolutely dig the overt samurai-esque motifs when they pop up, Thrawn's organ is rock solid, and the music from "Shadow Warrior" is probably the best overall. I have to admit though that I found myself much more engaged with Kiner's recent work on The Bad Batch and Tales of the Jedi. I'm hoping it'll grow on me.

2. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    35. They're All Connected :p

Also, this is cool to see for Volume 1.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/dmusic/195455011/ref=sr_bs_0_195455011_1

3. Co-Pilot

Co-Pilot Jedi Padawan

Jun 20, 2021
    I'm irrationally annoyed that the picture for Vol. 2 is an image from episode 1.

If nothing else, the art for Vol 1 and Vol 2 should be reversed.

Happy Sando and Darkslayer like this.
  4. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Despite it hardly being my favourite scene from the show, I'm surprisingly drawn to this track as a definite highlight.

I just love the eerie momentum it generates.

5. Ghost Ryder

Jan 16, 2016
    Now both volumes have are at the top for soundtrack sales on Amazon. :)

I think I appreciate it a bit more from hearing it isolated. The artificial-sounding parts give a kind of unsettling mystique. The four-minute mark feels like a darker version of The Village Bride's climactic scene.

6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    That woodwind organ used form Thrawn’s arrival is put to good use. That’s also used All Quite On The Western Front and a White Stripes Song.

7. Co-Pilot

Co-Pilot Jedi Padawan

Jun 20, 2021
    Something that stood out to me was the beginning of Death and Destruction, which uses the same cue from Tales of the Jedi when Ahsoka faces the Inquisitor. Does anyone remember where this was used in the show? I always loved that track, so I'm surprised I missed that reference when watching. I know the title is referring to the quote Baylan said to Ahsoka during their duel, but that was in episode 4 and this track is on Vol 2 for Eps 5-8.

Happy Sando likes this.
  8. Ghost Ryder

Jan 16, 2016
    These releases include the recap tracks, and this is the one for Part 5. I think that cue comes up a number of times.

Happy Sando likes this.
  9. Co-Pilot

Co-Pilot Jedi Padawan

Jun 20, 2021
    Oh man, thank you. I never would've thought of that. I always skipped the recaps each week.

Ghost Ryder likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I love Kiner's work across the Star Wars content and it was a blast to here more of his motifs

Ghost Ryder likes this.
  11. Ghost Ryder

Jan 16, 2016
    From rewatching Life and Death last night, I noticed what seems like another precursory cue -- similar to the end of Ahsoka's chat with hologram Hera ("Ahsoka and Hera"), and with Sabine later ("Can I Count on You?").

Last edited: Oct 28, 2023
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Kiner improved dramatically with this score and the final TCW season. Leaps and bounds ahead of past work.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Agreed. And I say that as someone who's liked his work for years.

14. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    My favorite is still his Ahsoka and Sabine themes.

DarthHass and TCF-1138 like this.
  15. Ghost Ryder

Jan 16, 2016
    And after almost five months, I realize that that music kicks in even before the credits, when the brass takes over Ahsoka's theme.

Happy Sando likes this.