main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive <<The Silly Galleria: Handmaiden_Yane's Art>>---Updated November 1st "Evil Intentions"

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Handmaiden Yané, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angel_of_the_force

angel_of_the_force Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    wow, yane... your new wallpapers are great!

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, I really like "Desire and Possession" Yane!! I'm with wicktone on your uncanny ability to match the quotes with your compositions--they're wonderful, and very evocative. This new one has a wonderful tension about it--because we know what happens to the young lovers, and because of the almost "trembling" appearance of the text--almost like it's shaking with that desperate need to "possess..." Very, very nice! I always like looking at your work--it's wonderfully simple, yet powerful in its emotional impact. Keep up the great work!

FF

3. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    The lettering on this one is really arresting. To me, it looks like the words were burned onto the page with a brand or something. Really cool effect.

And the quote, again, is perfect. Very dark, and matches well with the washed-out photographs behind it.

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    These are beautiful wallpapers, Handmaiden_Yane! I love the quotes that go with them Simply beautiful. :)

5. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    Ya they are both hot, and seeing the way yane did it, makes her even ore hot. I love you Yane!

6. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    So I made a wallpaper...and it's er, not Star Wars, but LOTR, so I hope you guys still want to see it...I just wanted to show you guys I haven't been entirely unproductive.

Silver Glass
    [image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/Wallpaperz/SilverGlass.jpg]

7. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    I like the silver and gold colour scheme and the image you used in the back is blended in very well - not too faded, but not entirely clear so as to take away from the main image of the river. Not only is it a nice passage you've chosen, but the rendering of the text is most excellent and expertly handled.

Really great work. :)

- Suz ^_~

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi Yane! I'm glad to see you back!

Another beautiful piece: I just love the quotes you use in your work--so evocative and so appropriate to the mood you're setting with the images. Lovely! This one is very "ethereal," seeming almost to be a dream-image--not quite clear, but with deep meaning nonetheless. Very nice choice of text and coloring, too, with the density of the lettering almost suggesting the poetic rhythm. I really like how you incorporate so much emotion and atmosphere into your work--Beautiful!
    FF

9. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    *is a closet Lord of the Rings fan* :D

Love it! Falcon mentioned it as ethereal and I wholeheartedly agree! :) Very dream like, very sad too with the choice of imagery and colour palette. Well done and it's nice to see some non-SW work every now and again. :) Well done on yet another lovely piece.

10. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Thank you all SO MUCH! You have no idea how much your comments mean to me! :D They brighten up my whole day. :)

Also, just an fyi, the text is from the song "Into the West" of the RotK soundtrack...it moved me so much that I'm going to make an entire Into the West (RotK, not the TNT mini-series, lol) series. So, I'm excited. ;)

11. jedi-master-faran

May 13, 2005
    Awesome job Hotty! =D= [face_love] @};- [face_blush] :cool:

12. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Very cool! I like how you superimposed the characters with their arms up where those statues of the kings actually were in the movie. It's actually an extremely similar pose... very clever!

13. jedi-master-faran

May 13, 2005
    WO! I never saw the hooded figure superimposed in the left side. You are verry good at this. Keep it up hotty

14. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    wicktone posted on 8/30/05 12:56am
    Very cool! I like how you superimposed the characters with their arms up where those statues of the kings actually were in the movie. It's actually an extremely similar pose... very clever! [hr][/blockquote]

Um, I really would like to take credit for my supposed ingenuity but actually...this shot is of the Grey Havens not um...the place in FOTR. :p But thanks anyway, Wick!

15. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Oh, well... oops. Let's just forget I said anything (if I see water in LOTR, I always think of that canoe scene. It's a syndrome.).

16. jedi-master-faran

May 13, 2005
    (I know what you mean) Yane, could You make a Picture of Padme giving Birth and Anakin getting his mak on super imposed over eachother with a caption like Destiny or something? That would be cool. If you do it thanks.

17. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    That is an AMAZING idea! I'll probably mess around with it come Nov. 8. ;)

18. jedi-master-faran

May 13, 2005
    you realy hink so? Thanks! well I will be waiting ;)

19. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    It's that time finally. ;)

I think I'll make that wallpaper soon.

Also, I was messing around with some Final Fantasy VII images, and this is what I came up with:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Handmaiden_Yane/Misc/FF7secondstory.jpg]

And then I toyed with it and got this...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Handmaiden_Yane/Misc/FF7secondstory2.jpg]

**New**

Wallpaper version!

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/Wallpaperz/whoareyou.jpg]

20. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/Wallpaperz/EvilIntentions.jpg]

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    These are interesting, Yane--I'm not familiar with Final Fantasy (video game...?), but the image is compelling: the ghostly figure, sort of emerging from the mists, and the haunting query "Who Are You...?" It almost looks like a face overlaying the figure, very faint and amorphous...am I seeing things? Of the two of them, I like the second one better, with a more definable face on the figure.

The second one is very Halloween-ish--themed, perhaps? :D This fellow looks positively malevolent, with that garish white face and black cloaks/clothing--I think it's that evil grin on his face that gives me chills (not to mention the quote...)
    **shudders**

As with all your work, you've captured very definite moods/atmospheres with these, and to me, that makes them! Great additions!

FF

22. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Thank you so much, FalconFan! I always love your feedback. :)

Anyway, I added a wallpaper up above of the "Who are you?" fanart.

23. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    [image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/Wallpaperz/DesireandPossession.jpg]

Yane, can I use this as my desktop?

24. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Of course. :) Feel free to use anything you like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.