main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    *Too hot to be a widower. It is what Ginchy dubbed this picture and the smutty shenanigans that ensued after it was discovered.

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku and ginchy like this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Ahh. Kind of sorry I asked. :p [face_blush]

3. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    LOL, you made me a little afraid to click on that, but I went ahead and then just thought, "Oh, it's just that one. Alrighty then." :p

Revanfan1, lesson learned: when confronted with unknown acronyms in a fangirl conversation, just let it go. [face_laugh]

4. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Really, you were afraid to click a link that a mod provided? I'm horrible but I'm not THAT bad.

And yeah, sorry for the fangirl reference. Move along now. Nothing to see here.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Hey now. [face_shame_on_you] You respect your elders! We've been on this rodeo ride a lot longer than you! :p

*looks out over glasses* You have a problem with fangirling? Are y'all in the right thread? [face_mischief]

6. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    I'm a dork, 'kay? [face_blush]:p (Really, really a dork. Can't emphasize that enough. It's why everyone picked on me growing up, lol.)

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Dang, I love that THTBAW pic. [face_mischief] I also refer to Luke as being THTBAH (hermit). Ahem. A bunch of us keep joking that we need that on tee-shirts.

But I have got a bad reputation 'round here. [face_rofl][face_rofl] (Self-inflicted! [face_rofl])

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    edit: ...reading down the thread... never mind. Covered it. (going back to lurking now...)

9. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Gaaaaaaah...*huff puff pant wheeze*

*runs, trips, and faceplants* Ow.

[face_beatup]

But I'm here! My September challenge ficlet is up: A Path of Light

[face_relieved]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
  11. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. You really don't have to do a challenge if you just can't think of anything (though we all love whatever LM we can get).

So, October is just a couple days away, do we want an October challenge? Or should we save up the muses for some mushy holiday mush closer to December?

13. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Ehhh...personally, I like some angst to balance out the mushfest, lol. But that's just me. What say y'all?

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm all for a spooky challenge with real possibility for angst and/or horror for October (before we get to the happier, fluffier holidays), but that's just me. My angst muse needs to be let out. It's been pent up for awhile.

15. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Then by all means, RELEASE THE HOUNDS.

16. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our very own JadeLotus!!

Have a great day, girl. Here's a present! I hope you like it... :D

[​IMG]

ginchy and JadeLotus like this.
  17. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh]:D Me likey!

ginchy and taramidala like this.
  18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I was going to think of a challenge for october... then I got distracted =P~

Okay now...

SJRS October(/November) challenge!

Everything must have a beginning and an end. But does it have to be in that order? It is the season of monsters and ghosts… and this is the Star Wars universe; full of medical advancements and the Force with its potential to create and destroy. For this challenge: you must write a creation and a destruction.

For this fic, you must write about Luke and/or Mara creating AND destroying something (the order is up to you), but they have to destroy what they create (or create what they destroy).

You must include (or mention)
    1. either a Dathomirian witch, Force-Vampire or cthon
    2. candy
    3. the phrase “it was a dark and stormy night”

The something can be anything. A relationship if you want something a little less agsty, a weapon if you want action, a toothache if you are going for something silly, or even a body, if you want to do something a little more ghoulish. But those are just my suggestions to get you started. Good luck!

Gemma likes this.
  19. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Now I'm all distracted, too. [face_mischief] Love that photo, taramidala and I hope you had a great birthday, JadeLotus!!!!

I love the Halloween challenge. I always try to do a Halloween and a Christmas fic, because I love holiday stories. I'm not sure if I can do this with all the irons I have in the fire, but I hope to. And I can't wait to read the responses!!!! [face_pumpkin]

taramidala likes this.
  20. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    I'll have to sit this challenge out, too. Maybe I can do the December one if things calm down.

ginchy likes this.
  21. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Happy belated birthday, JadeLotus!

JadeLotus likes this.
  22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I'll see if I can come up with something for this.

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I had 2 different ideas come to me for this one. One is kinda angsty and kinda long, and the other is much shorter and just fluffy. I really wanted to try something kinda in the horror genre for Halloween, but the short fluff will probably win out since school is a pain and I have another long fic on the go (I'm continuing the EP7 challenge response I wrote back in the summer - it's going slow, but I'm really excited to start posting... eventually).

BUT I HAVE JUST BEEN BIT BY ANOTHER PLOT BUNNY AND I REALLY WANT TO WRITE ITTTT!!!!! [/Luke whine] Basically, I've been inspired by other universe/reality-hopping fics (*cough* Ginchy, I blame you) and I got this idea for a Mara to appear in our canon a couple years after Sacrifice. But this Mara is from a universe where the Vong took over the galaxy and she and Luke never had children (they had aborted Ben for her health) and basically she and Luke were the last Jedi left, basically being hunted down in a Vongformed galaxy for like over 20 years. Right before she "hops" universes, she was holding Luke as he died and she was going to die herself. Then she shows up in the universe we know and angsty LM romance hijinks ensue.

24. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Ohhhhhh, Bri. [face_skull]

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I KNOW! It's evil, even for me, but I love the idea (you just KNOW Luke and Mara are going to come up with 1000 reasons not to bootknock, Mara is going to the PTSD like it has never been seen before and is going to debate going back because she isn't Ben's mother and she doesn't belong in the universe). It's a good thing I have yet to start posting my other fic, because it may have to go on the back-burner. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.