main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed (OT AU; A/P, H/L, L/M, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Awesome Post, man.
    I love the description of the Senate debate - things seem to be in turmoil.

A quick glance showed her parents still unmoving, clutching each other desperately.
    What a couple..

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I know what has been causing "reply block" at least in part... many stories focus on on particular pair where as you're covering a whole damn family legacy... the rest of the reviews have covered many of the similar things I would have liked to have pointed out (advantage of posting late... :p ) but you know I'm always anxioulsy awaiting...

3. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Everyone is trying to learn about Bryon's love life. It's hilarious! The reunion between Anakin and Padmé was sweet. And the debate in the Senate remimds me of the one in the Phantom Menace. Jaytoo sounds like a pretty cool droid. At least he agrees with everyone else that Threepio talks too much.

4. jedimastersam

jedimastersam Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    i like it! this is the best story i am reading right now

5. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
  6. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Yay! Thanks lori71 and anakin_girl for noticing the line from "A Few Good Men." Every once in a while I sneak a line from a non-SW movie into my stories -- and this one was just too perfect, so I had to use it! :D

DarthSon: Thanks! :D
    Monica: Thank you! [face_blush] Bryon won't get away easily, and Nale got lucky because her mom was preoccupied. :p (And thanks for the up!)
    geo3: I like writing the details, so I'm glad you enjoy then. Danae won't really use a mind trick -- but it is tempting! [face_laugh]
    lori71: The family dynamics are a ton of fun to write, so I'm happy you like them. :D
    Jedi_Liz: Thanks! :)
    leia_naberrie: Sabe's as strong-willed as Padme, no question there. ;)
    NickStarwalker: Glad you liked the reunion. :)
    anakin_girl: Thanks! :D LOL, Threepio may take orders from Owen -- but not from Artoo! [face_laugh]
    qingauk: Thank you! :)
    PhoenixMage: Yep, it's not a good idea to make Sabe (or Padme) angry! :p
    JediCami: Patience my young Padawan. :p You'll find out something in the next post. ;)
    JediArwen: Yes, the bad guys will learn that lesson. ;) But as you say, not for a while -- there's plenty of story between now and then. :D
    Lando_Plenty: What good is a crisis without some political turmoil? :p
    DB: So post earlier then. [face_laugh] Thanks! :)
    aotc02: In the middle of a crisis, sometimes gossip and teasing is the best way to ease the spirit. Plus they're nosy. [face_laugh]
    jedimastersam: Wow. [face_blush] [face_blush] Thanks!

The next post will be up tomorrow morning. See you then. ;) :)

7. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I'm back!! (well, almost ;) ) Great posts!! I especially loved the background-story you gave us, but this whole fic is awesome!

8. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    I found this story in the second page!!! :eek: :mad:
    So, up the top! :)

9. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    LadyZ: Thanks very much! [face_blush] Check in when you have time -- we all deal with DRL. :mad: :p

LOL, JediArwen! I don't mind if I fall to the second page sometimes... [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

As promised, here's the next post. :D :D

CHAPTER FOUR (Part 2 of 2)

They gathered around a table in an interior conference room on the bridge of the Invictus for the expected status report from the reconnaissance team. Anakin sat at the head, closest to the intercom speaker. Padmé was at his left and Admiral Mirkalla on his right. Jenny and Sarré were on Padmé?s side of the table, Bryon and Danaé with the admiral.

Right on schedule the intercom buzzed and the communications officer patched the transmission through. ?Bravo Base, this is Bravo Two. Confirmation requested,? said Mara?s voice.

?Bravo Two, encryption confirmed. Proceed,? announced the officer, who then immediately clicked himself off the feed.

?What can you tell me, Mara?? Anakin asked.

?Nothing good, nothing bad, Master,? Mara reported calmly. ?We?re continuing to clear large areas of space, and we?re closer to pinning down where the frigate is. But there is much left to do. It will be hours, if not days. The data is on its way.?

?I know you?re doing your best,? Anakin responded reassuringly. ?And it?s better to be careful and deliberate than act in a rush and miss something.?

?Yes, Master.?

?Have you and Luke used the Force to assist the search??

?Without informing Captain Solo, yes we have, Master,? Mara answered. ?Although our efforts have become increasingly difficult.? She paused, making Anakin suspect she was nervous to report her analysis. ?We believe there may be a Force-user aboard the frigate who is interfering with our attempts to locate her.?

?I also have encountered resistance when I have tried to check on Leia,? Anakin informed her. ?Trust in the Force, my young Padawan. It will not mislead you.? For now, he decided not to tell her about the two black-cloaked figures in Leia?s frantic Force message or the Jedi Council?s conclusion that the Sith once again were threatening the galaxy. The logical conclusion was that the Sith had seized Leia and now were trying to block the Jedi from finding her easily. But he wanted Mara and Luke to fulfill their mission on their own.

The intercom beeped to signal that the data had been received. ?Is there anything else, Master??

Even if he didn?t mention the Sith directly, he didn?t want them to do anything foolish. Like he might have done at their age. ?Remember, Mara, locate and track only. Do not engage. Remind Luke as well.?

?Yes, Master.?

?And tell Captain Solo I look forward to meeting him. May the Force be with you.?

?May the Force be with you, Master,? she responded before cutting off the link.

The seven of them discussed the options for half an hour before ultimately deciding to continue with the current plan. They would have to have faith that the two X-Wings and the Falcon could accomplish their mission quickly. With that conclusion reached, Anakin and Padmé asked for and received some privacy in the conference room.

He gave her all the details of his vision from Leia, the Council?s deliberations, and Obi-Wan?s meeting with Mace and Yoda. She shared a wealth of information about the ongoing debates in the Senate and the relative numbers of the peace faction and defense faction. After about an hour of discussion, they had circled back to the two principal issues at hand: the Sith?s return and the Senate?s deadlock.

?Well,? Anakin started again, ?it seems unlikely the Sith have infiltrated the Senate the way Sidious did, don?t you think??

?I agree,? Padmé nodded. ?These disputes are bona fide, not manufactured.?

?So where does that leave us??

?I can see three possibilities. One, Argis is working directly with the Sith. Two, Argis is a legitimate political dissident who is being unwittingly manipulated by the Sith for their own ends. Three, Argis has no

10. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    So now the Sith might be involved...eek! :eek: And this Argis guy seems to be up to no good. :mad:

Can you keep this to yourselves, please? lol! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] No matter how old Anakin and Padme get, they still love each other so much! :) [face_love] [face_love] It's funny how Bryon and Sarré are going through the same things Padme and Anakin did. :) It's like a family thing! :p

Superb post! :D :D

11. DarthSon

DarthSon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2000
    "Luke Heartbreaker" lol that was great. And these Crusaders of Justice...definitely not good for our heroes. Can't wait for the next post :D

12. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Wonderful mush......
    Heartbreaker Luke - egh?

13. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I love the way you are presenting the mature relationship between Anakin and Padme - it continues to be a powerful, unique bond that is visible to all. ( I like the supernova imagery!) And of course, Padme rules.

It's quite interesting to see the family through the POV of the Force-sensitive Danae, and to contrast her feelings as a true Jedi with those of the others.

And of course, as a true Jedi, she keeps her lightsaber handy at all times - even in the pocket of her bathrobe! LOL.

It is also interesting how you have conceived the second rising of the Sith. they have obviously learned from Palpatine's demise, and are taking a boldr, more open approach. In some ways it makes them even more sinister.

Great post as always!

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It's wonderful to see mature married people romance. Passionate love isn't only for the young. Nice seeing Danae's viewpoint. I don't think she should worry she's not paired up. She's still young. Luke Heartbreaker - cute. :)

15. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Heh heh. She inadvertently eavesdropped on her parents. How embarrassing! Well, all those kids came from somewhere. What next for Leia?

16. jedimastersam

jedimastersam Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    this si the best post so far. i enjoyed the way you discribes the love moments. keep it up.

17. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Hmm. *Sits down to ponder* Is Argis himself a Sith? And what's with the Champions of Justice?
    Mush!

18. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Luke Heartbreaker! Even Luke has a love life. Danae must really feel left out...

Interesting that Argis is young.

19. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    These "Crusaders of Justice" really don't seem like they are going to carry out justice in the galaxy.

It's nice to see Anakin in Padmé in love as much as they were when they were younger. I enjoyed the Luke Heartbreaker part.

20. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    LOL, JediArwen! I don't mind if I fall to the second page sometimes...
    But I do mind Darth, I do mind...

Great post Darth
    Can you keep this to yourselves, please? she asked reluctantly through the Force.
    Excellent. Now imagine the poor girl with Anakin/Padme [face_love] from one side and Luke/Mara [face_love] from the other. Put some Bryon/Sarré [face_love] and a little of Han/Leia. [face_love] Poor Danaé [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I hope you have something in the future for poor Danaé Darth.

I like Anakin and Padme mush, it gives hope to see people in love after all those years together. Not just the the affection and the comfort that comes after living with someone many years, but the passion and the desire as well surviving the everyday problems of real life.

And Danaé/Sarré, nice girl-talking.

Since you so good in mush Darth, I remember ABR as well and since I don't see any Han/Leia at the near future, will you be nice to give a little, just a little Mara/Luke Heartbreaker? Especially the Heartbreaker part combined with a certain red-haired, fiery, well known lady... do you get the picture? Please?

21. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Whoa...really interesting, Lex...can't wait to see where this goes...so Argis thinks everyone should have access to the Force, huh? Dimwit. "You can feel the Force, but you cannot control it..."

And LMAO at Danae overhearing (or over-sensing) Anakin and Padme. [face_laugh] That's my Anakin and Padme. ;)

22. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Danaé is a such a wonderful character. Hopefully, she only gets feelings, but no images! :p She seems so mature...she has the temperment that would have saved Anakin a lot of trouble when he was younger. But, I guess that comes from always knowing unconditional love and support.

the deep bruise at the base of her neck that had not been there several hours ago Puurrrrrr [face_love]

Great job!!!

23. JediCami

JediCami Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    i like danae! shes like the loner in this story, still trying to figure things out. shes cool :)

o0o0o and more Byron/Sarre, i finds them just so adorable!

24. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    The Sith!!! :eek: :eek:

Ah, mush... romantic feelings... and it's springtime here :D :D :D ;)

Really cute family-morning!!!

Great post!

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    You know what's up and will forgive the shorty reply... Its far from all I wanted to say about this post.

I love the "Mature" Anakin and Padme' love... (not just the nookie although that is cute) you can see the "what should have been" all over the place.

SITH??? not the SITH????????????? :p

Wonderful insightful post....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.