main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Star and Maiden (OC's, AU, Diary Challenge 2013)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by leiamoody, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Title:The Star and Maiden
    Author: leiamoody
    Genre: Drama, Angst, Romance Drama
    Era: Saga AU (1.5 ABY-3.7 ABY; anachronic order)
    Characters: Palai Cerunna, Josym Di'sallach, etc. (All OC's)
    Author's note: This is a sequel/continuation of Moonwater Perfume, an entry I wrote for the '07 Diary Challenge. (The version I originally posted on the old boards suffers from the Truncation Virus, so I linked to a complete version of the first story offsite).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Written after the second night of Celebration
    I confess: it was my idea to rent the speeder and fly around Coruscant on the biggest night in recent history. Yes, the Empire fell/suffered its death blow/got a kick in its tyrannical knee caps. But a major shift has definitely occurred in the galaxy! So everyone celebrated: confetti and speeders in the air, crowds on the ground (I could swear a stormtrooper was beaten up down there near the Imperial Palace...). I was in one particular speeder, piloted by Lord Sennes, the cousin of my dearest Josym...it's fantastic and unbelievable to imagine and realize this day actually happened!

I'm rambling. Maybe I've had too much Bellinigransa...one bottle to myself spread over hours, yes, but I'm not one to consume so much wine in the course of a single evening. Sunrise is due in thirty minutes, and I'll be heading up to the roof so I can watch the sun's awakening stretch across Coruscant. I love the night, but have always enjoyed seeing the sunrise anywhere, from Deiu to here. I've witnessed two sunrises on Coruscant and they are probably the most vivid in my experience. Golden light spreads out from the horizon to embrace the glittery expanse of the buildings which form the pulsing artificial forest that contains all sentient life on this city-planet. It's beautiful.

Now the wine's after effects are definitely kicking in; aside from rambling, I've got a headache. Maybe I should crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head. The sunrise couldn't be any different than yesterday or tomorrow. But I promised to go with Jos. How can I refuse him anything? He is the reason for so much change in my life and heart. I was only a courtesan living among the rarefied constraints of the aristocrats. Palai Cerunna was a young woman with a destiny that allowed no possibility of escape. (When I start referring to myself in the third person, that is definitely the final symptom of a hangover!). It seemed ridiculous to imagine any future which didn't require me to stay a possession until death. There was no room for love within my daily existence. But when I was assigned to Josym, love was possible.

Of course things haven't been perfect. Jos still has anger toward his father. Deiu has yet to be released from the confines of plutocratic rot. I'm still a man's possession under the legal code. But some good has come along to counterbalance the bad. The Empire's defeat is the ultimate shining beacon of hope. There is also growing social momentum back home among the middle class and certain younger members of the Prestatures. Josym continues attending university on Aeithera. I'm still in charge of Lord Reunahn's stepdaughters as their governess. Something better than what might have been considered possible is now tangible.

I've used this diary along with its prior editions to write about what has transpired in my and Josym's lives along with certain major events which have taken place in the larger world. Now that the galaxy is entering into an uncertain future, perhaps it would be a good time for looking back at some of the older entries to form a better understanding of what comes next. I can begin the sifting process another time. Right now I'll forget my headache and head up to the hotels' roof and watch the sunrise with Jos.

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Nice start, I like your OC's voice.

3. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Never mind. Trying out this challenge around here was a mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.