main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Star Wars Party of a Lifetime! - ONE MORE DAY!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by rhonderoo, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    From TFN main:

Here's a cool ad from the latest issue of Wizard for Celebration III next year. As cool as 2004 has been for fans, 2005 promises to be even better! Save by pre-registering for a 4-day badge - plus get a free "3-in-1" Darth Vader topper! So join the celebration next April...it is your destiny!

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/SWparty.jpg]

[face_dancing] <--- I can't do enough of these to relay my excitement for the fact that I'M GOING TO CELEBRATION III!!!!

Update:

George Lucas Schedule

Star Wars creator/writer/director George Lucas, who will be making a rare convention appearance at Star Wars Celebration III, will answer fans' questions at three sessions on Saturday, April 23 at the Indiana Convention Center.

Lucas will start early on Saturday, with the first of three half-hour sessions starting at 8:45 a.m. He'll answer questions about creating the Star Wars saga, in particular his experiences making Revenge of the Sith. Rick McCallum, producer of the Star Wars prequels, will join Lucas on the Sagamore Ballroom stage with host Jay Laga'aia. Audience members will have a chance to ask their own questions.

Stage Times:
    8:45 -- 9:15 a.m.
    9:35 -- 10:05 a.m.
    10:25 -- 10:55 a.m.
    Sagamore Ballroom, 2nd floor
    All shows will seat from the north doors and exit from the east doors. The audience will exit at the end of each show. The Sagamore Ballroom seats approximately 3,300 people.

Seating System
    # There are both Fan Club and non-Fan Club lines outside the Convention Center. The Fan Club entrance heads west down Maryland St., starting under the Marriott hotel skyway. The non-Fan Club line will run east from the Maryland St. lobby east entrance, and wrap south down Capitol Ave.
    # Seating for the 8:45 show will start at 8 a.m.
    # Approximately 70% of the first-show seating will be from the Fan Club line, and 30% from the non-member line. To sign up for the Fan Club, visit the Hyperspace/Insider booth in the Registration area before Saturday.
    # Show management plans to count and identify people with a visible marker between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. Be sure to be in the line at that time. If you miss the count you will not have another opportunity to get an identification marker. There will be no holding places for others in line.
    # If you do not have the provided identification you will not be allowed on the second floor until after the final show has been seated, or at about 10:30 a.m.
    # You must have a valid Celebration III badge, which you should obtain before Saturday. It is doubtful that people will be able to purchase a badge Saturday morning in time to get in line for one of the shows.
    # Once all are seated for the first show, queuing will start for the second show.
    # Approximately 70% of the seating for the second show will come from the Fan Club line, and 30% from the non-member line.
    # 2nd show guests who have received an identification marker will then enter the building, go upstairs, and into the queue on the second floor.
    # Third show guests will be given identification markers: 30% from the Fan Club line and 70% from the non-member line.
    # Doors will open to all Fan Club members for early entry to the rest of Celebration III at 9 a.m.
    # At approximately 9:25 a.m. those Fan Club members with identification markers will be allowed upstairs to queue.
    # At about 9:30 a.m., those in the non-member line with identification markers will be allowed into the Convention Center, and should proceed up the stairs to the queue for the third and final show. The doors will open to the rest of the non-member line at the normal time of 10 a.m.

The R2-D2 Builders' Room and Star Wars in Pop Culture, both on the second floor, will open at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 23.

Times or schedules may change. Please check the onsite schedule and the screens at the Information Booth to confirm the exact time, date, and location of George Lucas' appearances at Celebration III.

[link=http://www.starwars.com/co

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Must...resist...must...

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Nuh-uh! No you musn't!

4. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I'm so excited!!! :D

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I have so much to do before CIII! New costumes, new flask design...

6. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
  7. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Uhh. I still need a place to sleep. :?

But I am excited! :D

Uh...If I end up sleeping in my car will someone let me shower in their room?

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You know they have hotels there in Indianapolis, don't you, Jacob? :p

Anyone who comes knocking on my door for a shower will get one... right there in the hallway as I dump the contents of my ice bucket on them. [face_devil]

Out of curiosity and boredom, I checked out Expedia.com to see what was left in Indianapolis for CIII. Looks like what's left is all 8 to 15 miles away, and they're all in the $65-$100 range. My advice: Make sure they have a courtesy shuttle. Either that, or be prepared to pay out the butt for parking every day, because I'm sure that the garages and lots around the convention center will charge anywhere from $15 to $20 a day.

This is why we're paying extra to stay close to the convention center. It's worth it, and it's not like we haven't had a year-and-a-half to prepare for this.

9. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    Oh crap...I must go geek...

WH007!!!
    (WHOOT!! in geek language)

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Get your geek on, girl!

11. Johnny-Vegas

Johnny-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    You know they have hotels there in Indianapolis, don't you, Jacob?
    Yeah, but when I found out y'all all had your rooms at drive-in nights I went and looked and couldn't find anything I liked in my price range. So I decided to wait and see about the ones you can only get after signing up and I still couldn't find anything close in my price range--I decided to settle and tried to log in again and found that the code only works once. I haven't tried much since...
    Some of the places I was looking at required actual deposits for reservations and I have no money right now.
    So if anyone needs a paying roomate or to carpool... I have a van.

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    As far as I'm concerned, Celebration III is an every-man-for-himself situation. Y'll are on your own.:D

13. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Is it just me or what, but this convention is only 4 months away and no information has been posted on the main website except the registration and a poster and some fantable stuff, they need to get it together and fast!

14. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey, it can't be worse than Shadow Con or Midsouth Con! AT least there won't be Gorilla women in Belly Dancing Outfits shakin the flub arround ya

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Jay: [face_laugh] Too, true....too, true.

I'm sure they'll start posting it soon.

At least we'll know just who in the hell the guests are for CIII. I hate looking at a guest list with a blank, non-plussed, "WTF?" expression on my face. And the best part... Michael Sheard won't be the only SW actor there!

16. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Admiral who? oh you mean one of the many pointless characters who died?? you mean the one that died not in person, but on a holograph? ................no....couldn't tell you who that is...though there was this one dude who was really annoying who was wearing an ascot? WTF.....and he didn't go away....and smelled of Natty lite!

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    105 Days until Celebration III!!!! 184 Days until Episode III!

It'll be here before you know it, so if you haven't made plans, made reservations, and bought tickets, don't put it off any longer. If this turns out to be the last Celebration, you'll kick yourself for missing it!

18. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Nope. No CIII for us, I'm afraid. Just can't swing the $$ this time. Trying to finish paying off some debt.
    Somehow I feel that if there is money to be made, Lucas will have another SW Celebration though. Perhaps in 2007 for the 30th anniversary (y'know, when the Ultimate Edition High-Def Green Laser DVD collection comes out).
    But have fun and take plenty of pics to share with us.

-Joe

19. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Upping this so we can start talking about what we'd like to see/do/hear at CIII, because the hype is heating up!!! :D

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll be glad when they finally start posting events and guests.

I wonder if the "Star Wars in 30 Minutes" production will return? That I'd like to see.

21. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I just saw they have the droid builders going to be there.

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK, and....? :p

All those cute little R2's! I wish Rachel could go. She'd love it. Of course, she'd whack them all on the head like she does her R2 at home.

23. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Okay, and...?

Well, I don't think they are going to have Mon Mothma there singing arias, but I'm sure you'll find something you like. :p

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, you're funny.

As long as it ain't Carrie Fisher trying to sing. I'm still trying to erase that horror from my mind, along with the rest of the SW Holiday Special.

Aside from the usual SW Hangers-on who will populate the "celebrity" area, have there been any good rumors as to any "names" showing up?

25. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    It'll be here before you know it, so if you haven't made plans, made reservations, and bought tickets, don't put it off any longer. If this turns out to be the last Celebration, you'll kick yourself for missing it!

You are joking, right? The mere thought of occupying the same space with swarms of SW/TFN fanboys and their lack of social skills/hygiene is almost enough to make me douse my flat in petrol and strike a match.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.