main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 The store

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Apr 11, 2019.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Let's make an official store thread.

I was lucky, one of my roommates got in and bought me the two things I wanted so I don't need to brave it.

Skickat från min SM-A520F via Tapatalk

teamhansolo likes this.
  2. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Spent 8 hours total (and some change) with the store. 915 to about 600. I guess that's closer to 9 hours.

I got the stuff I wanted though. The only thing I regret is not being able to make it to the meetup. I'm not the most active member, but y'all seem like cool people and I'd've like to have said hi.

ThisIsMe1138 and teamhansolo like this.
  3. Ms_Elizabeth_Darthee

Ms_Elizabeth_Darthee Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2019
    Thanks for the info. I was thinking of queuing for the store at 6 am but my husband just reminded me of that one time during celebration III in Indianapolis when we were in line for the entire day for darth vader figures. I don't think I'd wanna do that again.

I think tomorrow I'll focus on the diorama building and hopefully get a couple items from the her universe store.

teamhansolo likes this.
  4. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I like how this thread is just called ‘the Store’. It conveys the appropriate sense of foreboding. One of the guys I’m rooming with said he waited 7 hours to get into the store today.

5. Ginkasa

Jun 13, 2002
    It should be better after today I would hope. Everything was just started for a couple of hours which held everything back. Once things actually started moving it wasn't terrible.

6. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I didn’t think it could get much worse than the store in Orlando but it did! I got in line about 10:45 am and didn’t get out till after 7pm! I would have got in line earlier but I’d stayed back in the Marriott where I knew I had good wi-fi to try to get into the online show store and reserve panels when they were supposed to be available at 10am! I don’t know how people managed to secure light speed access for the store as the app just wouldn’t work for me at all and I haven’t heard of a single person successfully managing to order from the store online with the line to get into the online store paused all day!

7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I don't think anyone secured lightspeed today. Sounds like it never actually went active, which is very frustrating.

8. Ginkasa

Jun 13, 2002
    There were some people in line around me that seemed to be under the impression that there were people who had the lightspeed pass and were getting in ahead of us, but I'm not sure that was really confirmed. I think those people were ADA maybe.

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_nail_biting][face_laugh]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    teamhansolo and ChrisLyne like this.
  10. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Lightspeed wasn’t activated and RP said last night the “tech” they are using should be fixed soon. The app still says pause so I doubt it.

Waited 2 hours staring at the checkout line with 5 people ahead of me. The custom shirts are cool though and I got the Amidala, Maul and Han/Chewie ones.

Never found the Maul floatie pen. Every staff member I asked said they didn’t see a box of those when unpacking and didn’t think they even arrived.

We begged them to let us give cash and go but they insisted on scanning. The receipt never printed and I told the cashier not to bother. Did give Doug Chian a poker chip on my way out though

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  11. Temp77

Mar 22, 2019
    Still no sign of the online store operating with the app continuing to say the line is paused!

I don’t think they’ve managed to get the light speed passes working in the app yet either. I did see light speed passes for today in the app this afternoon but when I tried to select one it said “Whoops you’re out of light speed passes” which I certainly can’t be with a 5 day pass that hasn’t been able to select a single light speed store pass yet! Right now the app is showing passes for everyday till Monday but I get the same Whoops message if I try to select any of them.

I walked past the store a couple of times today and whilst the line wasn’t as bad as yesterday based on the length of the line I would say those in it probably still had to wait at least 3 hours to get in!

12. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Just some clarification, the website says that an order from the Celebration store can be picked up on site or shipped. Is the pickup the same aeons-long line that everoyne has been standing in? Or is there a separate one?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  13. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Was there separate lines for the store and the floor this morning again before everything opened?

14. Temp77

Mar 22, 2019
    There’s an area/room just inside the Marriott when you come in via the Skybridge that has an official sign saying Store Merchandise pick up which I presume you’d be able to pick up from if the online store ever actually gets to work!

teamhansolo likes this.
  15. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yes, it's one line in the tents then splits once inside.

cubman987 likes this.
  16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Thanks!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  17. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I keep getting the choice to select the Celebration store lightspeed lanes for both Saturday and Sunday, but when I do it says "oops, you've used all your light speed passes!"

18. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Man I feel lucky. I only spent about 4 hrs in line when some of you did 7 or 8. Still, it ruined any panels that I wanted yesterday. At least I got what I wanted, minus one shirt that was sold out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    For me the app just crashes when I try to access lightspeed lane.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  20. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    My wife and I were lucky in Orlando in that we decided to go to the store first thing Thursday morning when the con opened (and we lined up early to get into the show floor). So we skipped the opening panel to go to the store. Only spent about an hour and that was mostly waiting to check out. I couldn't imagine trying to go anytime after they first let people in on Thursday and it sounds like they still haven't figured out how to make it work XD

21. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Too bad the store is such a mess this Celebration. I was really hoping to buy some of the T-shirts, but don't want to wait in those ridiculous lines.

22. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    The lines aren't bad at all. In and out in around 40 minutes for me. Only thing sold out was the Mandalorian shirt, sadly, which I really wanted. Still got some nice ones anyways though! Walk on over, you'd be shocked how fast everything is moving!

Darkslayer and credar like this.
  23. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah the line for the store went fast for me today, we got in line early but once they started letting people in it went much better than I expected.

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Agreed, just got out and it only took like 20ish minutes in line?

Also I had not known about the Route/Order 66 shirt and died of laughter. Obviously bought it.

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I’m going to try again for that Mandalorian shirt.

Gamma626 likes this.