main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The TransGalactic Bus Station--Free Snack Cakes and AOL Start-Up CD-ROMS.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow!! Happy birthday to your kid!!

Yeah, and I have really bad headache issues that have landed me in the hospital several times in the last couple years, so I do what she says (most of the time -- if we're on vacation I'll usually have Coke a couple times a day). I drink a lot of Gatorade. It has electrolites that help restore the imbalance I've usually got, and helps dampen the pain of the headaches.

2. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    My music teacher dropped drinking coffee cold turkey. We were all scared, but he actually became more cheerful.

*wipes away tears at memory of the good old days*

3. General_Kenobi_66

General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Awww, happy birthday to your kid Araxie, and they're right: she'll alaways be your baby. Hugs! [:D] [:D]

I drink Dr. Pepper, Water, and Powerade. That it though--and I mostly drink water.

Anyway, I'm outta here for a while, so see you guys and girls later![:D] [:D]

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Good morning all. Nothing of real importance to report this morning. Just a robust Hello!

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Gatorade is good :) Have you tried the water at SAM's? (it prob could be bought elsewhere) It's called Glaceau Smart Water electrolyte enhanced water. It's like 33.8 oz, pretty good sized bottle. Pretty good actually in tasting :)

Wow about the teacher quitting caffeine. I'd been worried that's for sure! [face_worried]

edit: Bye General! Good morn brodiew! :D

6. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Well, I have something of monumental importance to report :p

*clears throat and stands on top of soapbox*

I, AnakinsFavorite, have decided I do not like Peanut Butter M&M's as much as I like chocolate covered peanuts.

*clears throat and steps down*

I told ya'lls it was important :D :p

Edit: Said teacher was very cranky. Once, a student made a spoof of his class, and it was of him yelling at us from the piano both chewing on a pen and drinking coffee.
    He also made fun of the fact that said teacher would pace in front of the tv while we watched vids and fast foward every couple seconds [face_laugh]

7. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    I mostly drink pop (Dr. Pepper or Pepsi, whichever was on sale) and whole milk.

:) I like milk. :)

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Hey, I thought it was amazing when I discovered that cereal doesn't leaven and thus I can have it for Passover [face_dancing]

Thanks for the suggestion :) I'm not much of a water-drinker, though 8-}

9. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    I ran out of soymilk yesterday and have been drinking whole milk ever since [face_sick] It's thick and nasty.

10. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    That's what I tell MY 17 year old as I strain my neck to look up at him.

Very funny Vader Mama. We always told Natasha that she should not grow so fast. She of course was disobedient and did! At least I still have two little ones to chase around, and Collin, my 13 year-old is not taller than I am..... Yet!

Oh we are water drinkers here!

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I drink milk a lot :) 2% or 1% I can't stand skim [face_sick]

12. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    So, when does Passover technically end? How are you holding up?!

13. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Morning everyone!

We drink milk (skim or 2%) and diet pop. I don't do well with too much sugar. One sip of Red Bull when I was falling asleep was enough to keep me up for the rest of a 5 hour car trip.

14. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Hello, Jturtle! How are you?!

Since this is Aiden's first Easter, I'm trying to find a cute stuffed animal to give to him- a really soft, velvety one that will sadden me as he slobbers on it :p We also got him an Easter basket... and I will help him with all that excessive chocolate :p

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Not much of a milk drinker myself unless it's flavored (strawberry or chocolate) then I'm all for it! :D

Shoot even as a kid, my mom had to force me to drink the stuff. Now if it has the flavor of the cereal I'd drink it too hehehe

Morn Jturtle! :D

16. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    As long as we're surveying, I drink milk (2% thank you), Dr. Pepper, and Sunkist on a fairly regular basis. Though not all at the same time.

17. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Now, that would be an interesting taste :p *shivers* Gross.

18. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Easter at our house shall be interesting this year.

We're going to a concert 2-3 hours away on Saturday then planning to wake up early to do Easter Baskets and such. Then attend Sunday Services then cook some kind of nice lunch while practically asleep. Shall be interesting.

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Easter has always been fun for my son :) though he'll be 12 in Jun we'll still do the egg hunt. It's sooo much fun! Hopefully Aiden will have fun! :D

Ohhh has anybody ever tried grape soda with orange sherbert? Ohhhh man what a float that becomes! Looks gross but man it tastes awesome!! :D

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Pretty well, for the first two days :) For Reform it ends Monday night, and for Orthodox and Conservative Tuesday night. I usually go 8 days even though I'm Reform, but I have school next week so it really depends on what's for lunch Tuesday :p

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Curious here :) how long does Passover last? (start and ends?) Always wondered about that cuz I hear people talk about Lent and (don't smack me too hard please...) is it the same as Passover?

22. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Yeah, I always start out strong and... well, by the end, I might have cheated a few times :p What actually gets to me is the whole no meat thingie!

Kynstar: Oh, he'll have fun. We're going to my grandparents where he can be kissed, pinched, and prodded. It usually puts him in a bad mood for the next day :p I don't get it- I like being showered with attention. Hubby likes being kissed, pinched and prodded...well, not that, but you know. I have no idea what Aiden's problem is with it :confused:

He still hates water [face_plain]

Edit: I don't know much about Passover, but as a Catholic, I do the whole LEnt thingie. It starts around Valentines day on Ash Wednesday and until Easter Sunday. You are to make sacrifices (no meat on Fridays and a personal 'giving up') because of Jesus' passion and death- all symbolism. We are also 'obligated' to go to church today (Holy Thursday) tomorrow (Good Friday) and they have stuff on Saturday (that one's wierd... no music, ect).

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    He might not understand what's up with all those people ;) I'm sure after a while he'll get used to it (unless he's like me...I'm not too terribly fond of that stuff...never have been even as a kid).

Shoot when I was a kid and was forced to go to family reunions and stuff like that (big gatherings) I tend to shy away and go entertain the animals that might be around hehehe

edit: Cool :) thanks for explaining it :D I figured it was related to the bit with Jesus and his sacrificing his life. Juz didn't know the whole detail of what was to be givin up (food wize; that would be hard one that's for sure!)

As for the not having music ;) We've never had music at our church (well the one I used to go to regularly back in me younger days )

24. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    We babysat my little cousin during break, and he drove Aiden up the wall.

Personally, I wonder what Aiden thinks of me... a woman who can't talk properly (baby talk) with lots of hair who is all but addicted to her laptop?

He probably finds hubby pathetic- diaper changing and baths with him are always entertaining :p

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    LOL on the entertaining part with diapers and baths.

Those were the fun times I thought myself! :D Never got pottied (incase the other word is not allowed) on by my kid, but my ex sure did and numerous times!! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.