main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Truth Is Out There: The X-Files Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Only_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    I think it will happen. George Lucas is going to relase the O-OT and he said that was never gonna happen. You think it will be the continuing story after the last episode or a stand alone?

2. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    they have stated, David this year that it would be a standalone, and a very dark, horror, type movie.

3. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Dec 10, 2005
    If the ending was a let down then they should repair the damage with a 2hour myth story.

4. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    i disagree i think the X-files is at its best when it is not a mythology episode, something like Paper Hearts would be a great movie.

5. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Dec 10, 2005
    I also think the standalones can be more fun but we are talking about that epic ending we never got right? They could do a trilgoy with all the elements of the show like humor, monsters, conspiarcy, aliens and action. If CC would just get the best of the best to co-work on the ultimate X-files movie. Either way it has to happen!![face_praying]

6. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I was satisfied with the ending of the series. It wasn't my favorite episode but it was still very good.

7. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Dec 10, 2005
    Your one of the few. I actualy saw the truth when it aired (cant remember that much) and if I remember correctly the end shot is a zoom out from a house on top of a mountain and there is an alien ship in the air.

And the smoking man was there in a cave or something. Cant remember who dies and who lives though.

8. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Your one of the few. I actualy saw the truth when it aired (cant remember that much) and if I remember correctly the end shot is a zoom out from a house on top of a mountain and there is an alien ship in the air.

No. That's all I'll say for the moment because I don't want to ruin it for you.

9. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Dec 10, 2005
    How thoughtfull of you:) Gonna start saving for the 9th season and buy it this weekend.

10. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    It's well worth it. All of the mythology episodes in that season are outstanding. I haven't seen Season Eight or Nine's stand alones.

11. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Dec 10, 2005
    You dont watch standalones do you:eek: I like standalones as much as myth arc. I hope season 9 is good because the show kind of died after season 7. Not that it was bad but it is not the same without the Scully and Mulder team. Do you have all the seasons or just the mytharc box sets?

12. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    I did for the first seven seasons because I rented the seasons. Then where I rented them from didn't have eight and nine and it was cheaper just to buy the "Mythology" Box sets.

13. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Dec 10, 2005
    O.K

Whats your favorite of the ones you have seen?

Has Gillian and David been in any movies lately? Wonder why their cariers have turned out so badly considering that they are amazing actors.

14. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    A few more cursory comments out of me.

Humbug- It seems to me that a line in this episode sums up the premise of the series: trying to find where the humbug ends and the truth begins. Or maybe it was the other way around. I forget. In any case, it's a nice episode, with a great ending and some good laughs along the way.

The Calusari- Congratulations, X-Files, you found exactly the kind of subject matter that wigs me out. Very creepy episode. I have to wonder how inattentive a hospital staff can be to not notice a screaming child in one of their rooms.

F. Emasculata- Hey, conspiracy vibes. I have mentioned that I like those kinds of stories, so this worked for me. Cigarette Smoking Man appearing in Skinner's office again was not something I expected to see again. Right on the line Mulder keeps crossing, indeed.

It seems odd that the US Marshalls team would kill the escapee like that, but maybe it was on order from above to keep him from spilling to Mulder, which would fit nicely with the conspiracy stuff in this episode.

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Anderson is taking the low road, as far as career, but she's doing significant work, if not popular work . . . she deserved an Oscar for her work in The House of Mirth and she's currently being seen in a BBC miniseries of Bleak House.

Humbug is one of the all time greats and the Calusari is unjustly forgotten. Terrifying episode. F. Emasculata, I found to be a weak episode with one great scene: the Smoking Man, Mulder and Skinner confer in Skinner's office.

16. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Dec 10, 2005
    What ever that makes her happy but I asked because she seems a bit bitter about the whole Scully/x-files carer.

Humbug is a cool episode along with the calusari(Cant remember that much from those episodes though). Funny thing that fans tend not to like F.Emasculata [face_thinking] I thought it was one of the best from that season.

17. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Whats your favorite of the ones you have seen?

From Season Eight or Nine? Or of the whole series?

For the whole series my favorite "Mythology Eps" are:

Anasazi/The Blessing Way/Paper Clip, Nisei/731 and The Erlenmeyer Flask with Redux/Redux II and One Son very close behind them.

As for the Monsters of the Week eps:

Arcadia, Dreamland I and II, Wetwired(although that's somewhat myth-arc, too), Detour and Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose.

18. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Dec 10, 2005
    Dunae Barry/Acsension and Anazasi/the blessing way/paper clip are the mytharc eps that come to mind as some of the best but there are WAY too many great MYTH and MOTW eps that I cant realy pick out my favorites with only one viewing.

But all the ones you picked out are great.

19. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    I watched that cockroach one not to long ago from season 3, i think was very good, one of the best. Jose Chung is good from that season, 3.

20. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Scully's "Crap" line is great.

21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    One of them was disguised as a woman, but wasn't quite pulling it off.

One of the greatest episodes, for sure.

22. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Dec 10, 2005
    War of the coprohages and Jose gungs are great episodes. The scene were Mulder makes that girly scream is outstanding[face_laugh]
    Small potatoes is one of the greatest as well[face_plain] The scene were the woman starts explaining that Luke Skywalker is the babies fathers made me laugh til my gut started hurting[face_laugh]

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I love the comedic stand-alone episodes from X-Files. I think they're what really helped stand it apart from most shows, they never shied away from daring to be outright silly.

Small Potatos

Stands as being my favorite of all of the episodes - it had the greatest ending dialogue between Scully and Mulder ever:

Scully - "I don't think I have to tell you this Mulder, but you're not a looser."

Mulder - "Yeah, but I'm no Eddie Van Blundt."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

War of the Carcophogus

(I know I spelled that wrong :p )

"Bambi? Her name is Bambi?" Bambi and Fox were just too nauseating for words, I loved Scully in that episode, watching her doing normal single woman things - devouring a container of ice-cream, washing her dog, etc. Great, great episode!

Dreamland 1 & 2

The episodes where Mulder and who's-he-bod from "Lavern and Shirley" switch bodies. God I love that 2 parter. I love the great and highly under-utlized Nora Dunn as the put-upon wife of the man in black. Mulder experiencing fatherhood and being married was sooo funny - his own personal version of hell.

Bad Blood

"Here's a little known fact, it's not as easy to shoot out the tires of a moving RV as it looks."

LOL!

"I was drugged!"

[face_laugh]

Love Mulder and Scully's different takes on the ridiculously silly vampire hunting antics in this great episode. Great performance by Luke Wilson.

Arcadia

Mulder and Scully posing as a happily married couple in suburbia - battling a walking creature made of garbage - need I say more?

24. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Dec 10, 2005
    Those are great but dont forget about Je souhaite. The one were they get three wishes and the guy from mad tv wishes for all kinds of stupid stuff. That one was realy funny IMO[face_laugh]

25. Only_Wan_Kenobi

Dec 10, 2005
    I have finaly finshed the journey[face_dancing] Saw the last season this week. Not much to say exept it's the weakest of the bunch. Thats manly because of Mulder not being in it until the end. There was some great eps by the way like lord of the flies, provenance and providence, scary monsters, relase and finaly the truth wich I thought was amazing=D=(very sad though) That end scene with Mulder and Scully wraped it up real good. What happened to Skinner and the redeemed A.D Kersh? Dogget and Reyes? The supersoldiers? The rest of the gang that survived? We will never know:( The show starts with a big? and ends with one as well. It does not realy matter anyway. When you see Scully and Mulder in that motel room exactly like they did in the PILOT made it all worth while. That said Robert and Anabeth both did a great job keeping my eyes glewed to the screen for one last time. The show is old and tierd. Here is the scores:

Nothing important happened today 3/6
    Nothing important happened today II 4/6
    Demonicus 3/6
    4-D 4/6
    Lord of the flies 5/6
    Trust no 1 2/6
    John Doe 3/6
    Hellbound 3/6
    Provinance 4/6
    Providence 5/6
    Audrey Pauley 2/6
    Underneath 2/6